English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not to mention Rooney hasn't looked after himself very well, meaning he'll be lucky to still be playing at 32 let alone get anywhere near the Giggs or Phillips of this world.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not to mention Rooney hasn't looked after himself very well, meaning he'll be lucky to still be playing at 32 let alone get anywhere near the Giggs or Phillips of this world.

Dont expect him to play close to 40 like Giggs/Zanetti types, few players will or can. But despite his fitness issues history, I won't question the possibility of him still playing at 32.

In fact due to his versatility, I won't be surprised if in his latter years he ends up playing in a deeper mid-field role, but who knows...

Epic

Panel of Selectors
The ENG media & the public expect too much from Rooney man. There is always talk about what Rooney should be doing/should have accomplished - instead of just appreciating what has already done.

Sure he has lost some of the blistering pace of his youth that made us all jump in EURO 2004 & his disappointing record in tournaments (although he has a very good record in tournament qualifiers which is ignored), that once saw him & a young Ronaldo on the same level. But people just can't accept maybe that Ronaldo was just destined to be the great player of his generation & Rooney was just going to be one of the very good ones.

Rooney just scored one of the great premier league goals vs West Ham this season & during ENGs stuttering qualifies - Rooney was the leading scorer in key games. I just hope he has a good world cup & maybe EURO 16 - since the ghost of his EURO 04 efforts wont go ever go away.

I appreciate what he has done already, just the potential he showed was for a player of Messi and Cristiano's level, but he has ended up in the tier below and I would say he has even slightly declined from that and is on the verge of falling off that tier, still a great player, just could've been greater.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion, he can most definitely tear it up in the gym one of the upcoming summer breaks and get his fitness back up to the level it once was, I don't know if you guys remember what Tevez looked like after returning from his vacation stint in Argentina, the following summer he trimmed up and look at him now.

And like War said, I don't think there's much of a chance of Rooney not playing at 32 even if he maintains the fitness levels he currently possesses, just look at how many years Chelsea have been able to get out of Lampard.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
He shouldn't be, but who the fish knows what Mourinho's thinking, he's always just playing mind games with us.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Would love to see Southampton build on this team, next season. But as the football world goes, their 3 big stars will probably be gone to the big clubs.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have rarely seen a more gutless, pathetic and downright awful display as we put on tonight. Absolutely awful. Championship beckons.

Users who are viewing this thread