English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
BBC Sport - Jose Mourinho: Chelsea cannot win title after Crystal Palace defeat

Mourinho also explained why he ran to a ball boy in injury time after the youngster failed to release the ball to Azpilicueta promptly.
"It is not right to educate kids to do that," said Mourinho.
"I went to stop [Azpilicueta]. I was afraid he would lose control of his emotions and push the kid or do something like Eden [Hazard] did last year at Swansea.
"I told the boy to not do that. I told him if he does this, 'one day somebody will punch you'."

:lol Oh the pressure of the league..

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
It was the 80s and I had no clue about anything ;)

Ok fair enough, now answer me this hypothetical question though:

It's matchday 37 against Man City, and Everton are 100% in the mix for that lucrative 4th spot alongside Arsenal. A win for Everton all but gifts you Champions League football next season, but at the same time also puts Liverpool inches closer to the PL title, heading into the final gameweek. What do you do? Who do you support?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Him supporting anyone won't alter the result :p
I'm really excited about the next month and a half. This could still go anywhere. 1 slipup and you've lost the league..it's almost like the champions league knockouts.
Liverpool aren't favorites by any stretch of imagination. Man City could draw 1, yet go on to win. The other 2 teams need to win em all.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ok fair enough, now answer me this hypothetical question though:

It's matchday 37 against Man City, and Everton are 100% in the mix for that lucrative 4th spot alongside Arsenal. A win for Everton all but gifts you Champions League football next season, but at the same time also puts Liverpool inches closer to the PL title, heading into the final gameweek. What do you do? Who do you support?

Take the CL spot; lose the prelim to the eventual finalists and wind up in the UEFA cup. Oh right - that already happened... :p

khaleel

Club Captain
They'll appeal and it'll get over-turned.

Barcelona transfer ban live reaction: What does this mean for the Spanish giants? - Mirror Online

-----

Should FIFA decide to whip the lash on a broad-scale basis now, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur will be the most anxious clubs in the EPL now due to their similar deals for Adnan Januzaj and Nabil Bentaleb respectively. Maybe even Chelsea and a few other clubs too will be under the scanner, but if such bans happen, they may have a devastating effect on the transfer market as a whole.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
They'll pay their way through.

all they need to do is keep appealing. Take it to the court of arbitration for sport. Which will delay it until the summer easily and go on a splurge then so they won't even need to buy while banned.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Terrible news. Showed signs of form in recent weeks but Villa would be absolutely gutted with the news, Belgium even more.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Reaching the top 4 already feels like winning the title, so I'm not even sure what actually winning the title would feel like. I've never experienced that before and I doubt I could handle it.

I don't see it happening thought because I know Chelsea isn't out of it (whatever Mourinho might say) and I think Manchester City are still strong favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread