English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
West Ham have done pretty well to get to the position they're at now after all the stick they were giving Allardyce. Good for them.
Didn't realise West Brom were in trouble too. Would love to see the Baggies go down :p

Last edited:

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Pointless. How can they expect a new manager to turn things around for them at this stage? Even more so with the appointed of an un-tried youth coach. If only we hadn't lost to Fulham eh? :p Now it leaves you 5 points above the zone. Just read that all of the bottom six have all sacked their manager this season.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pointless. How can they expect a new manager to turn things around for them at this stage? Even more so with the appointed of an un-tried youth coach. If only we hadn't lost to Fulham eh? :p Now it leaves you 5 points above the zone. Just read that all of the bottom six have all sacked their manager this season.

I guess with only 5 games left a dead cat bounce could actually be huge for them.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
To be fair the new manager effect has had positives for Sunderland, Crystal Palace and possibly Fulham but yeah, it's probably too late.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The one thing this will do is unite the fans, which we need after yesterday's scenes.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
The sooner they clone 9 more Michael Olivers, the better. Honestly the only good ref there is officiating in English football.

Anthony Taylor had a shocker yesterday - firstly West Ham's goal that should have never stood, why consult the linesman (who rightly had his flag up) if you aren't going to change your woefully wrong decision?

Secondly - our second goal. There was contact on Flanagan (meaning he definitely didn't dive), but that was a really soft penalty decision to give away. Almost seemed Taylor felt far too guilty having stupidly awarded the West Ham goal, to make it up to Liverpool.

Anyway, the better side won, thankfully. Skrtel has been pretty much flawless since New Year. I hope we don't offload him this summer, as a majority of our fans want to.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
The squad is just too paper thin and Wenger has to take blame for that. He had the opportunity to improve on Giroud and replace Ramsey, Walcott and Ozil in January when he knew they'd be out for a while. Instead he bought Kim tweaking Kallstrom. He got what he deserved.

And the first game where Ramsey is able to start happens to be after our difficult run of games:facepalm. I'm not certain Wenger will want to stay on after this (his contract is expiring), but he absolutely HAS to get top four and the FA Cup for this season to avoid being one of our worst failures yet in recent years.

P Squared

International Coach
Have a funny feeling Arsenal will finish outside the top 4 but will win the FA Cup, so that'll leave their board in a bit of a dilemma over whether to sack Wenger.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I just can't see how Arsenal don't finish in the top 4 with a relatively easy fixture list in comparison to Everton, who have to face both the Manchester clubs, at home nonetheless.

khaleel

Club Captain
Arsenal have to show why they need a place in the top 4. They have been too casual, blaming injuries and what not. I know they are missing big players, but they really need to keep things going if they want a Champions League spot.

----------

And yes, its make-or-break time for Wenger.

P Squared

International Coach
I just can't see how Arsenal don't finish in the top 4 with a relatively easy fixture list in comparison to Everton, who have to face both the Manchester clubs, at home nonetheless.

Well we're shite, and they could probably beat city at home. They also have a game in hand over Arsenal.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
If there's one thing we've been good at this season it's winning the small games. I can't see us dropping any points in our remaining fixtures, a trip to Hull represents our toughest fixture.

Both Manchester clubs and Southampton at St. Mary's could prove to be too much for Everton. They can't afford to drop any points, as even if they manage draw one we'll beat them on goal difference looking at our fixture list.

Users who are viewing this thread