EURO 2016 qualifiers thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
CWCzQRBXIAAQJMN.png:large

Happy with England's group but not getting too worked up.

Spain and Belgium the favourites for me

@SpitfiresKent @Lee1981 @MasterBlaster76 @ste_mc_efc @StinkyBoHoon @ncfclee

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I'm expecting this tournament to start pretty slowly, but with 4 3rd place teams going through pretty much every team will have something to play for in the third round matches and it will take off then.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They have been a bit shaking in EURO 2016 qualifiers, especially in defending.
We've always done well in all international tournaments, reaching at least the quarter finals in all of them. I personally would count us as favourites (unless we draw Italy in the knockouts).

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@War with Marchisio and Verratti set to miss the Euros, and without a good striker up front, what chances would you give Italy?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Totti, Berardi, Rossi, Balotelli but I think he isn't allowed to play, Immobile and Pelle aren't bad reserves. On top of that they've got Insigne, Candreva and other wingers who can play as a false 9. Obviously they don't have the Kanes, Suarez and Lewas of the world but they can certainly do a job...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Totti, Berardi, Rossi, Balotelli but I think he isn't allowed to play, Immobile and Pelle aren't bad reserves. On top of that they've got Insigne, Candreva and other wingers who can play as a false 9. Obviously they don't have the Kanes, Suarez and Lewas of the world but they can certainly do a job...
Rossi and Balotelli probably won't be called up. Berardi might be, but he has a lot of discipline issues. Totti is really, really unlikely, but i'd love to see him in Azzurro once again. Also, i don't think playing with a falso nueve suits Italy or Conte's style.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Eder & Zaza have been quite decent too. In my opinion, they have a better chance of being called up for the tournament than Totti & Balo do. Without Verrati and Marchisio, Italy will surely struggle. They don't have a lot of good midfielders this time around. Belgium and Sweden will give 'em a tough time, but I'm almost certain that the Italians make it to the next round.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That Emgland, Wales, Russia group seems a tough one there. Portugal's got an easy one!

War

Chairman of Selectors
@War with Marchisio and Verratti set to miss the Euros, and without a good striker up front, what chances would you give Italy?

Haven't checked on Italy much this season admittedly, but damn rough news if Veratti he is their obvious key mid-fielder now that Pirlo has gone (although he hasn't officially retired).

Strikers wise I guess Pelle, Zaza & Eder are their main options currently, but it doesn't look as lethal especially with Balotelli's career in unfortunate free-fall since 2014 world cup.

They have to be careful considering their group or else they could go out first round.

Users who are viewing this thread