Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
You should try Tennis Elbow 2013 - slice shots curve in the air and spin off the court and there's a button combination for topspin shots with sidespin that curve and the physics/gameplay are by far the best in any tennis game with the types of surface dramatically affecting the matches.

The developer is also great and is active on the forums to answer any queries, and the modding community has really got stuck into it so you can get loads of real life players (with accurate animations) and courts/tournaments as well as really good sound effects. I mostly play it online but it has an excellent career mode too.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I like to spread the word on this great little game whenever I think someone may be interested, as I would elsewhere with DBC :).

Madman...........I agree with Tennis Elbow 2013...........I'm a subscriber to it (with Mana Games), one of the main reasons I joined was for the regular updates, where they constantly spend time updating the engine behind it, and not updating the 'hype'.....I've been a member since the 2011 version. As opposed to the hyped up Top Spin 4 where every damn shot was in a straight line...................and that game was hyped up so much its unreal. I did had a lot of time for Virtua Tennis 4 due to its shots that often had sidespin on, its amazing how many major games didn't have this though and yet no-one mentions it............it should be a basic demanded requirement ahead of anything else in these games.

That's what makes me so passionate about all sports games having proper ball physics in all aspects of the game, its laziness and an indication of a poor ability to apply real mathematics to ball spin that renders coding teams "unable" to apply them to all parts of their respective games.

Back to what I said on an earlier post though, I don't enjoy being a pain in the Sir Alex with this (Sir Alex = Mr Ferguson = Arsehole), and I just want to hopefully see what, when patched with all the imminent graphics patches that the community provide, will be a really fantastic and convincingly believeable Cricket sim.................so why not have realistic outfield ball physics as well????? Lazy *** coding, due to coders who are not up to coding ball physics correctly (*** or should I say have been forced to remove them for outfield), could well hold this game back from true greatness

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
these guys will choke on their glass of pimms.

this will sound very unscottish of me, but pimms is actually pretty nice on a very sunny day, which we've surprisingly had lots of this summer so far!

MLB the show has spin of the ball affecting air flight, but they put a rough marker on the ground in order to assist in catching fly balls. It's a pretty good system in that it's a marker that moves and fielding ability affects how accurate it starts. you'd need something like that in order to make fielding catches in the field fair, but DBC doesn't have that option . I'd be OK with that tbh but some might not be.

Also please don't tell people what not to post, even if it isn't serious. It just makes you look a bit silly..

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
this will sound very unscottish of me, but pimms is actually pretty nice on a very sunny day, which we've surprisingly had lots of this summer so far!

MLB the show has spin of the ball affecting air flight, but they put a rough marker on the ground in order to assist in catching fly balls. It's a pretty good system in that it's a marker that moves and fielding ability affects how accurate it starts. you'd need something like that in order to make fielding catches in the field fair, but DBC doesn't have that option . I'd be OK with that tbh but some might not be.

Also please don't tell people what not to post, even if it isn't serious. It just makes you look a bit silly..

My apologies, and there was me thinking Matts "yes BigAnt can you please ensure Wind effects are at the top of your list" was NOT a tongue in cheek response to my random ramblings, which I freely admit they must appear to be!!

I am more than happy to have the piss taken out of me, all part of the fun...........but lets not all relax in thinking a ball physics engine to the extent its been advertised has been implemented here.

Its a bit like the every 4 years World Cup cycle where the English (and yes I am English.........) forget how poor our footballers are technically, and act shocked every time we are out of the competition (and also the in-between Euro's) at an early stage, as we havent had a reality check as to why this it.

Now if only we could have a 100% ball physics dynamics coding throughout the whole of this code instead of picking and choosing where to code it....the base coding is there........its just the balls to...........(*ahem*), make this more *ballsy*......

Yes, I do talk a load of bollox......

Oh, and I am glad you have backed me up on the MLB ball movement in flight, someone else who has witnessed the simple coding of the ball in flight depicting real life physics relating to the top/side/back spin imparted on it off of the baseball bat............not hard is it in 2014 to code this....................DBC coding team.......apparently you have decided its not plausible (as per BigAntStudios comments) to include this realism in the "shots off the bat", but guys/chaps/geezers/coders.............the sooner you do the better as this can make a difference in future when other games are competing......you have shown you can code this really well for pad and batsmen deflections, GREAT ball physics..........just dont abandon it once the ball..............leaves...........the................bat !!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't ever fall for the "it makes it harder to know where the ball will land" stuff, for me, its clearly to ensure the AI can judge fielding without having to have dynamically change angles to judge...

Ping Pong in 1976 used straight line physics for major parts of the gameplay.........and hey, after tomorrow. we might have a Germany vs Holland 1974 WC Final repeat, what better time to have a matching piece of fielding code in almost (ok, fairly close,.) a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!! (Looking forward to Space Invaders which is due in 1979..........some company called Atari?)

Yours,

SirAlexisaTwat (and that Van Gaal bloke is a twat too..)

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oi oi!!!! Careful Matty, don't mention anything that would enhance the game and make it fully believeable as a SIMULATION.............i.e. the ball being hit off of the bat in anything BUT a straight line, these guys will choke on their glass of pimms..............shhhhhhhhh!!!!! keep quiet!!

Then again, how careless of me, its apparently already in the game!!!

...NOT......

blah blah blah... do you really need to spam every thread with the same old same old... good to see you're over it.

PS:!!!!!!!!!! sorry I forgot to put them in the last two posts.

Need some features ...!!!

i have just started playing this game so till now I need some features as below,

1) Able to select user and computer teams before starting the match and should be able select/change this role at any time. so we can play as batting team from both the sides.

2) Able to called for the toss

3) Ability to change/select commentator

4) Need fielding wheel which shows while playing and showing current field setup while in game playing match.

5) Ability to choose match time like day, night, day/night etc.

At the moment I can only list the above, will comment after some more playing

I hope this features will be available or added in next updates.

:clap :yes :D

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
2) Able to called for the toss
4) Need fielding wheel which shows while playing and showing current field setup while in game playing match.
5) Ability to choose match time like day, night, day/night etc.

Already all available (in one form of another)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Where do I need to change this or what options or controls for it. Please let me know.

1. You need to be the away team to be able to call the toss

2. Use L2/Left Trigger (I think it's trigger, I don't use 360) to look at the field (it's in the manual)

3. You can customise start times via the Cricket Academy (it's in the manual)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

are you able to be the away team in casual mode? i've never managed it.

also, i noticed in @dippa's review he mentioned pace bowlers can vary how wide on the crease they start - have i missed something, i've no idea how to do that

2. Use L2/Left Trigger (I think it's trigger, I don't use 360) to look at the field (it's in the manual)

3. You can customise start times via the Cricket Academy (it's in the manual)

How can we be the away team? do we able to select the side from which team we play? As I experience till now. We are always played as a team which is on left hand side and right hand side will be the computer team. Am I right?

Can we play from both team, alternatively? like bat with one team and when second team bats change the control and bat from second team, fist team will be computer team then. like we do in Ashes 2009.

Is that possible.

About match timing, I will check this when I to home,

Please reply

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You can be the team on the right hand side. The instructions on the screen explain how.

----------

also, i noticed in @dippa's review he mentioned pace bowlers can vary how wide on the crease they start - have i missed something, i've no idea how to do that

Yes I have, unless I'm being a complete tweaker. I've definitely been able to be the left hand side team or the right hand side team.

Prior to the run up, you have to push the...left stick either right or left depending if you want to go wider, or closer to the stumps. Then let it go completely before selecting the delivery type/starting the run up.

Last edited:

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Both are in the manual...if you had one. @blockerdave outed as an undercover pirate masquerading as an upstanding forum member for the last year.

Kudos, your deep cover was good but you have finally slipped up :spy

PS Snowy is correct about the runup thing, I find it makes a big difference. Close to the stumps swinging away on a good length x3, wide of the crease yorker. Boom, eat that Mr Batsman.

mattcarswell8

School Cricketer
Then again, how careless of me, its apparently already in the game!!!

I already know the wind effects are in the game. The other day I was batting and lifted my leg and let one rip. The bails fell off and I was given out. So I have experienced it for my self.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Both are in the manual...if you had one. @blockerdave outed as an undercover pirate masquerading as an upstanding forum member for the last year.

Kudos, your deep cover was good but you have finally slipped up :spy

PS Snowy is correct about the runup thing, I find it makes a big difference. Close to the stumps swinging away on a good length x3, wide of the crease yorker. Boom, eat that Mr Batsman.

oh damn ;) maybe this explains my utter inability to generate any edges :)

----------

You can be the team on the right hand side. The instructions on the screen explain how.

----------

Yes I have, unless I'm being a complete tweaker. I've definitely been able to be the left hand side team or the right hand side team.

Prior to the run up, you have to push the...left stick either right or left depending if you want to go wider, or closer to the stumps. Then let it go completely before selecting the delivery type/starting the run up.

managed to be away team in other modes, just never casual. i'll give it a go.

very interesting about the crease stuff. i guess i should pay more attention to the manual.

Alberts

International Coach
oh damn ;) maybe this explains my utter inability to generate any edges :)

----------

managed to be away team in other modes, just never casual. i'll give it a go.

very interesting about the crease stuff. i guess i should pay more attention to the manual.

No, AI just doesn't give away many edges. Good use of the crease can be very useful though.

Users who are viewing this thread