FIFA/UEFA/CONMEBOL/CAF/CONCACAF/AFC news thread

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Just read about Jerome Champagne on a football app , the guy sounds like the real deal. I am really sick of Blatter and Platini , they have been just downright bad.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah , but is it possible to change the location ? I mean , the construction of Lusail and it's stadium should be fairly complete , so if you change the location right now what will they do with the stadium?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Anzhi , one of the clubs who were caught , were relegated to the russian second division last week. They had the money and potential to have become a real force , but they squandered their money.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Yeah , but is it possible to change the location ? I mean , the construction of Lusail and it's stadium should be fairly complete , so if you change the location right now what will they do with the stadium?

use it as a mass grave for all the foreign workers that have died during it's construction?

the heat is just one aspect of why if shouldn't be in Qatar. if there are significant challenges moving it to another location (they have plenty of time as under the old system the 2022 world cup hosts would be chosen in 2016, not 10 years ahead) then I don't see how blatter can keep his job.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anzhi , one of the clubs who were caught , were relegated to the russian second division last week. They had the money and potential to have become a real force , but they squandered their money.

No. Very few players wanted to play for a team in a war-torn Dagestan. That was their problem initially when the money first came in from Suleyman Kerimov, they weren't able to get much more than Samuel Eto'o and Roberto Carlos. That was what meant that they would never become a big force in Russian football let alone European football. Seeing this, Suleyman Kerimov pulled all his money and left the club marooned in a terrible financial state. They had to sell all their players earning anything resembling decent wages. Hence the relegation and the penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread