Final: Australia v England at Bridgetown

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
100% deserved by england.

australia's strength in this game has been being able to find that touch of magic, england have been consistent throughout and just proved too solid. Never chucked away their good start in the bowling, even though australia came back it was a modest come back and a chaseable total, they batted sensibly and made it look easy.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Excellent win for England! Very well deserved win. Their first major title ever! Congrats to them.

Will win loads of vcash for this.:banana2

D

Dutch

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! What a team! Solid, aggressive, consistent, love it!

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
Now that was a fantastic game (Well not for the Aussies anyway!:p). Kieswetter played one of the best innings in a final you ever see, shame he went out the way he did and glad to see Pietersen back to his best! :)

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
I danced like hell when ENG won World T20 2010, as if India won it. :happy

:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise Great finish by Colly, gave his nation first ever world cup !!!

AT LAST, Cricket Inventors won the world cup :clap

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England you proved that it's just something to the world that they are coming up.

Strauss started and now collingwood continuing!!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What the hell is Bopara doing there:mad::facepalm
Someone just get rid of that EPIC .........

=/ He's in the squad, and played a game. Why shouldn't he be there?

Interesting discussion regarding the 50 over squad. I don't think Strauss should come back in personally. Steven Davies has been brilliant in domestic cricket, and is a better glovesman than Kieswetter, so gets in easily for me. I'd like to see us go into our next ODi series with:

Kieswetter
Davies +
Pietersen
Collingwood *
Morgan
Wright
Yardy
Swann
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson

Liking that team a lot.

P

pcfan123

Hmm, Yardy might not be an instant pick either. His bowling is nothign special and I have not seen him get an oppertunity/contribute with the bat.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yardy's done very well with the ball bar 1 game, the final. He was economical, and can definitely do a job. Flower likes the variation of 2 spinners too.

Kieswetter gets the MOTM award. Definitely agree with that.

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
:banana
English batsmen are pretty good at short deliveries, but nonetheless they mostly suck at everything else :laugh

Yeah right.

C'mon England , That was awesome, no one can doubt we deserved to win this tournement, we were easily the best team out there.

Thats should quieten the aussies on here.:banana2

War

Chairman of Selectors
COME ON ENGLANDDDD!!!

First time of course Australia have losted in a final since the 1996 WC. Plus the first time they have played latargic on the big stage since the 2002 Champions trophy semi-final vs Sri Lanka again.

Overall. I hope the selectors have the balls to drop Clarke now in T20s - its obvious to the world that he is not T20 player. Phil Hughes or Sean Marsh has to come in, or maybe even tempt Andrew Symonds to come back & just be a freelance T20I player.

Superb for England. Looking forward to having Flintoff back to make this T20 & ODI side even better, looking ahead to the 2011 WC next year. Hopefully this can be our summer of sports. The football team to follow.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
KP Man of the Tournament. Brilliant stuff. Couldn't be happier for the guy. Struggled in the last 18 months, but has come good when it really counts. KP's going to have a brilliant next year, can see it already. Hopefully he gets MOTS in the Ashes too. <3 the guy.

Nice to see Kieswetter get MOTM too. Completely agree with the 2 awards.

Users who are viewing this thread