Free cricket game - Rufus' Ant Cricket

Rufus

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Terrific game! Got it working at work ;-) but not at home :-(

Keeps showing an error when a wicket is taken

Run-time error '3144':
Syntax error in UPDATE statement

There was also a .dll error at the end of the installation.

msjro.dll cannot be registered because the regsrv32 failed with exit code 0x5.

Pressing ignore finishes the installation though

Hmmm haven't heard of that happening before!

Are you using a modified database at all (i.e. have you changed any player names or added any players?)? If so, can you zip up your data.mdb and test.txt files and email them to me at [email protected] and I will take a look at them for you.

If you're just using the standard database of players then it leads me to think it must be related to the issues you are having while installing. Let me know about that and I will try and replicate to see what happens if I am missing the 'msjro.dll' file.

I was worried about how the game would work as the years go by given that VB6 is getting so out of date. I'm still in the processing of porting the gameplay over to HTML5 so that it can be played in a web browser. Hopefully it won't be too long until I have that version up and running and that should make it much more reliable. I will add another post down the track giving some details on what I am planning for the online version.

Cheers,

Rufus

Last edited:

dmpcs

School Cricketer
No I haven't made any changes to the DB - I wanted to see if it ran on my PC.
Hardware-wise there should be any problems as I have an intel e4800 @ 3ghz with 4gb RAM. I tried it with and without administrator and error was the same.

:-(

Rufus

Game Developer
No I haven't made any changes to the DB - I wanted to see if it ran on my PC.
Hardware-wise there should be any problems as I have an intel e4800 @ 3ghz with 4gb RAM. I tried it with and without administrator and error was the same.

:-(

Sorry you're having trouble getting it going mate. It definitely wouldn't be a hardware issue.

I've made a custom exe for you to download via:-

http://www.ttfooty.com/download.php?filename=AntCricketv1.22.zip

I can try and dig deeper into this if you download the above file, unzip it into your root AntCricket folder run the game using this file. It will automatically save the text of the queries it is trying to run to your clipboard. Once it crashes, if you could paste from your clipboard into a text file or an email and send me the contents I will be able to see what it was trying to do when it crashed.

You can flick it to [email protected] if you like.

Cheers,

Rufus

dmpcs

School Cricketer
I'm running Win7 and can't seem to find it in my clipboard. Still getting the same error though.

Rufus

Game Developer
I'm running Win7 and can't seem to find it in my clipboard. Still getting the same error though.

Have you tired running the game in compatibility mode and choosing XP? That usually helps although I've not seen this particular issue before.

Otherwise I will change that modified exe to show you a message box with the query it is trying to run rather than trying to copy the text to the clipboard. Will make that available to download in the next few days.

Rufus

Game Developer
I have updated the special version

http://www.ttfooty.com/download.php?filename=AntCricketv1.23.zip

It will now show a message box as each query tries to run when a wicket falls. As each message box appear if you could press Control-c and paste each one into a text file it should paste the text contents of the message box. That should help give me an idea of what is going on and where it is falling over.

Cheers.

dmpcs

School Cricketer
Great - though now I can't even start the game as I get runtime error 3021: No current record...

Rufus

Game Developer

dmpcs

School Cricketer
Thanks attached are the query quotes

Attachments

• antcricket error.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 4

Rufus

Game Developer

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've encountered this twice now, a bowler bowling 11 overs in a 50 over game. Only ever happens when simulating inside the match via the scorecard dialog. I usually simulate 25 overs at a time for 50 overs games. Let me know what files to send over

Rufus

Game Developer
I've encountered this twice now, a bowler bowling 11 overs in a 50 over game. Only ever happens when simulating inside the match via the scorecard dialog. I usually simulate 25 overs at a time for 50 overs games. Let me know what files to send over

Hi mate,

Zip up your data.mdb and test.txt files and email them to me at [email protected] and I'll take a look.

Cheers.

Rufus

Game Developer

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hi my friend, its good to see you posting on this forum. Is there something you could do with wineskin or something and make this run on a Mac? Would love it buddy

Rufus

Game Developer
Hi my friend, its good to see you posting on this forum. Is there something you could do with wineskin or something and make this run on a Mac? Would love it buddy

Hey mate,

I will have a look at it but I have no experience with that kind of thing.

I am about 90% of the way through building the online version of the game which should be cross platform compatible.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread