Story Freedom's Story Thread - Ashes - 3rd Test In Progress

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry I misread what you said you can't chose weather. Pitch yes.
Won’t it be better if AI randomly assign Pitch as per the ground’s generic/historic characteristics as well as automatically pick a suitable or best XI for those conditions and later Human team pick our XI. Adds a bit more realism in my point of view.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Won’t it be better if AI randomly assign Pitch as per the ground’s generic/historic characteristics as well as automatically pick a suitable or best XI for those conditions and later Human team pick our XI. Adds a bit more realism in my point of view.

Yes however I personally set the pitch to what the real life counter part would be like anyway!

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They are already tweaking away at a few things...
May be you can put across this point, if it’s feasible to do it in their next patch

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think I made a mistake by modifying the pitch conditions. I should have left it to what they were. Hope I can get a result out of the first match. Second and Third session coming up in an hour.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
So reached tea session of Day 1 :( and have completely been humiliated. England's spin trouble continues as Lyon picks up 5 wickets for 29 runs in his 15 overs that he has bowled. England are on 160 for 9 in 64 overs and I will now have to go and play superbly to save this test match. Session 3 in 10 minutes time as I take a small little break. So far 66 minutes of intense cricket as I lost 8 wickets in this session. Some good bowling and captaincy from Australia as the rotated the bowlers perfectly. Love how I have to grind to actually make it count and not the regular wham bam

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
1st Test - Day 1

|
|
|
|
|
|
Day Notes

So what an interesting and action pack day. A solid opening partnership and England's spin trouble. Cook and Stoneman beautifully negated the fast bowling and spinners and went to lunch with Cook's soft dismissal on 47. Stoneman and Root looked solid but eventually Root's wicket opened a door of hell on England. Wickets kept tumbling and England from 97/1 went to 160 all out. This was thanks to some brilliant bowling from Starc who applied pressure and Lyon kept picking wickets due to that pressure built.
Australia came out to bat and both the openers were dismissed relatively cheaper to Anderson's fiery spell. The match is balanced towards Aussies after Day 1 and will be interesting to see if I will be able to save this match

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread