Gamespot UK Podcast

kersnort

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just in case no one can be bothered to find the ashes bit on the podcast, i thought i would post the main points from the interview

Jamie Firth the producer says that:

You can edge defensive shots
He wanted to produce a game for different types of cricket fans
Batsmen automatically chooses own footwork, however you can change this
Almost hidden features such as reverse swing
It will be released during the ashes

khan31

International Coach
Yeah I don't think he knows a great deal about cricket. Like when he was explaining the front/back foot shot selection he was struggling a bit. Still, he knows enough to produce a decent game.

nach2nach

School Cricketer
Dates almost confirmed

Transcript of the important part:

Postcast on Gamespot UK, with Jamie Firth regarding Release date:

Interviewer:
So tell us When is the game coming out and some of the formats its gona be on?

Jamie Firth:
It is gona be out during the Ashes,

Interviewer:
Yeap, which is very soon, isnt it?

Jamie Firth:
it is, first tests starts next friday..

Interviewer:
While we are kicking off our ashes..

Jamie Firth:
Was it thursday?

Rest of the people in the room said:
It is wednesday?

Jamie firth:
There you go..

Interviewer said:
Well there you go, it is out

Interviewer:
What format is it coming out?
It is on PS3, XBOX and PC.

Hope it helps...

graham

Club Captain
oh well got all excited and not a lot we did not know ,:crying

this game is being kept well under wraps but seems we will get loads of stuff at once lets hope for more stuff next week , gamespot are having a ashes game against the aussie mates lets hope for a report :rolleyes:

P

pcfan123

the description of footwork was quite painful. no new info really and saying it will release during the ashes means anytime in july or august. so we are back to square one. let the speculation continue!

player786

Club Cricketer
so the podcast didnt really give any new info? is it worth downloading? how long did they talk abt the game for?

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
I think Jamie and codemasters have some surprise for us and thats why they are tight lipped about release date. Who knows, they might be trying to get some kinda offer for us. Like English Edition would have Ashes Tickets Free, or Some player like K.P or Punter would lauch the game on the eve or on the evening of first day of first test. We might get autographs while buying the game....:p:p I think only delay is due to some kinda secret marketing planning. I bet there owuld be a lot of announcements and info in next week.. Also after listening to podcast i get a feeling that Release date is very near and Jamie was teasing us when he intentionally said the date of first test Thursday where actually it starts on Wednesday. So it might be the release that that has been inside his mind and came out at the wrong time.

P

pcfan123

I think Jamie and codemasters have some surprise for us and thats why they are tight lipped about release date. Who knows, they might be trying to get some kinda offer for us. Like English Edition would have Ashes Tickets Free, or Some player like K.P or Punter would lauch the game on the eve or on the evening of first day of first test. We might get autographs while buying the game....:p:p I think only delay is due to some kinda secret marketing planning. I bet there owuld be a lot of announcements and info in next week.. Also after listening to podcast i get a feeling that Release date is very near and Jamie was teasing us when he intentionally said the date of first test Thursday where actually it starts on Wednesday. So it might be the release that that has been inside his mind and came out at the wrong time.

are you mental? Ashes tickets will not be given out for 30 odd quid

PhilD123

International Coach
Think you've got it there mate.:clap

imhassan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

Time to take off your tin foil hat ;)

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
By 'launch the game', do you mean drop it on a good length and smack it out of the stadium?

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Yes the description of batting footwork was quite painful to listen to. However, how would you describe it to the lay person, given not a lot of notice? I agree, though, that Jamie may not be the world's greatest cricket oracle, but he seems to have a good grasp of concepts that will make a game playable. Team this up with a bunch of Aussies (who are bound to know a lot about cricket) and I think they have done pretty well based on what I've seen so far.

Freaking weird! Go and stare at the poster of Dhoni in your room and stay there. For quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread