gleeso73 Retro Teams

lexluger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@ Passarapin- Sure. It is of no use to me when I can't even create 90s teams accurately.

Last edited:

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I’ve done Rixon, Phillips, Hogg, Faulkner, Rackemann, Wessels, Smith, Hughes and
Hohns. I think you’ve done Dyson and Yallop. Just need a 12th man

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah, I remember the rebel tour days...it was tough times being an Australian Cricket fan back in the 80s

Did you create the rebel logos and strips on previous games?

@Llewelynf made them in ashes, so they’re all there on the server. As are some logos I did for the awesome Aussie one day kit on those tours.

Yes just checked the rosters that’s an awesome start for me thanks. I will try and make them over the weekend although I’m wrapped in playing with mouseys windies 20s team at the moment!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@gleeso think you also did alderman and haysman right

------------

Edit - no you didn't do Haysman.

So about 7 players for me left to do, which is cool I'll hopefully get them and the south africans over the weekend

Last edited:

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@Llewelynf made them in ashes, so they’re all there on the server. As are some logos I did for the awesome Aussie one day kit on those tours.

Yes just checked the rosters that’s an awesome start for me thanks. I will try and make them over the weekend although I’m wrapped in playing with mouseys windies 20s team at the moment!

I knew there were hardcore cricket fans playing the games when I discovered someone had made the Rebel teams :yes

Rowdoss

Club Captain
I’ve just shared an MCG circa 1930s stadium
For those playing with these great old teams.
Not sure if there was already an MCG out there or not. I’m reasonably happy with it.

Shared under: Rowdoss
Named: MCG 1930s

Will probably do a 1970s-80s MCG next if anyone is interested

EDIT
:facepalm Haha 2 mins after posting I noticed Gleeso already included an MCG with his teams

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I’ve just shared an MCG circa 1930s stadium
For those playing with these great old teams.
Not sure if there was already an MCG out there or not. I’m reasonably happy with it.

Shared under: Rowdoss
Named: MCG 1930s

Will probably do a 1970s-80s MCG next if anyone is interested

EDIT
:facepalm Haha 2 mins after posting I noticed Gleeso already included an MCG with his teams

i'm defo interested in the 70s/80s MCG mate

Rowdoss

Club Captain
i'm defo interested in the 70s/80s MCG mate

I threw together a quick first crack at 1970/80s MCG last night.
Find it under: MCG 70s
Let me know what you think.
I’ll continue refining my stadiums as I learn a few tricks to get things looking a little better.

The major issues I have with the scaled back creator are not being able to change roof colour on the larger grandstands, not being able to elevate objects (ie: put scoreboards up on the top tiers etc..) and the size of the Ad boards make trying to get a retro look of stadiums a little harder.

The mcg was a rather bland stadium post 1956 Olympics, aside from the beautiful old members stand that gave it real character and is unfortunately pretty difficult to replicate with current tools

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Added:- New Zealand 1980s + early 80s WSC uniform.

It's a bit of a labour of love and a fairly an obscure era, but as a Golden Era tragic I've made the major teams in the pre-district era of club cricket in Sydney. Through archival research I've been able to establish team colours and squads. Logos and uniforms have been lost in time but I've speculated what they may have looked like.

The Albert Club ground at Redfern was the major cricket ground in Sydney in the late-1800s could very well have become the SCG, but due to political and financial maneuvers by the NSW Cricket Association, the Military and Civil/Association Ground became the premier cricket venue. Albert Ground was sadly flattened as a result and is now public housing.

I've created the Albert Ground and the Domain, Sydney where they used to play.

Albert Club (Sydney 1860s-1890s)
Belvidere Club (Sydney 1860s-1890s)
Carlton Club (Sydney 1860s-1890s)
Warwick Club (Sydney 1860s-1890s)

Updated:- West Indies 1980s early-80s WSC uniform
Australia 1980s early-80s WSC uniform

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I threw together a quick first crack at 1970/80s MCG last night.
Find it under: MCG 70s
Let me know what you think.
I’ll continue refining my stadiums as I learn a few tricks to get things looking a little better.

The major issues I have with the scaled back creator are not being able to change roof colour on the larger grandstands, not being able to elevate objects (ie: put scoreboards up on the top tiers etc..) and the size of the Ad boards make trying to get a retro look of stadiums a little harder.

The mcg was a rather bland stadium post 1956 Olympics, aside from the beautiful old members stand that gave it real character and is unfortunately pretty difficult to replicate with current tools

Yeah, unfortunately the stadium creator has taken the fun out of making retro stadiums, especially not being able to colour the corrugated iron roofs.

One way you can put a scoreboard on the top tier, like on the Ponsford Stand at the old MCG, is just making a single gate 3-tier stand, chosing the tier variation and slotting it in behind the bigger one.

The beautiful corrugated iron Grey Smith Stand was still up at the MCG during the Olympics too...shame that it got the wrecking ball.

Users who are viewing this thread