gleeso73 Retro Teams

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Shame there’s no way to either create matting wickets or timeless tests for the authentic South Africa 1930s experience (minus the institutional racism)

It’s a fascinating era with some great players. Some tragic stories like Jock Cameron and Neville Quinn and their early demises.

It’s also nice to know there were anti-Apartheid players like Bob Crisp.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a matting option :lol

Last edited:

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Hey gleeso73.....I've downloaded your Aussie 80s and England 70s squads and I love 'em. Two of my fave players in the squads in Tezza and Alan Philip Eric Knott. Bob Willis and Peter Lever are sending the ball down and the Aussie openers are smacking it all over the park, (nothing new there then eh). Great work feller.....no doubt I'll be downloading your best ever England and Yorkshire squads very soon. Thanks matey.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey gleeso73.....I've downloaded your Aussie 80s and England 70s squads and I love 'em. Two of my fave players in the squads in Tezza and Alan Philip Eric Knott. Bob Willis and Peter Lever are sending the ball down and the Aussie openers are smacking it all over the park, (nothing new there then eh). Great work feller.....no doubt I'll be downloading your best ever England and Yorkshire squads very soon. Thanks matey.

Thanks for your encouragement, mate :) I really enjoy making the teams and keeping those great days alive.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
More grounds. Unfortunately the SCG ones don’t look as good as previous games because of the changes to the stadium editor (ie coloured grandstand roofs).

Added:-

SCG 1940s-1960s
SCG 1970s
SCG early80s
SCG late80s
SCG 1990s
Adelaide Oval practice ground
Adelaide Oval practice ground (pre-new development).

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
More defunct grade Sydney cricket clubs:-

Redfern ATB + Redfern Oval
South Sydney
Balmain + Drummoyne Oval

Also:-
Victoria Country ATB
Victoria Metro ATB

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

Aboriginal ATB
Parramatta/Central Cumberland (with 3 Benauds!) + Old Kings Oval, Parramatta

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
3 Benauds? This sounds intriguing.

Lou Benaud and his little fellas Richie and John :D[DOUBLEPOST=1562494884][/DOUBLEPOST]Some Melbourne club teams and grounds:-

Essendon ATB + Windy Hill
Carlton ATB + old Princess Park
Richmond (Monash) ATB + Punt Road Oval
Camberwell Collingwood ATB

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I never realised that there was a Benaud cricketing dynasty. Johns test batting and bowling averages are half decent.....so why did he only play 3 Tests?

Yeah, John Benaud’s averages stack-up well.

From what I’ve read he had a journalism career that clashed with cricket. He may have also had attitude problems and personality clashes with fellow players and officials etc

Old Lou never played first class cricket but he was a legend in Central Cumberland/Parramatta cricketing circles.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

Northern Territory ATB
+ Marara Oval, Darwin
+ Gardens Oval, Darwin
+ Traeger Park, Alice Springs

(Included are those having been born in or represented the NT).

Users who are viewing this thread