Group A - Australia, Netherlands, Scotland, South Africa

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hogg is a very good spinner and lower order bat, he's just has been given jack all game time and now it's beginning to show.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Yay

?The boys in Skit,
The boys in Blue,
The boys who have ability,
to beat you!

The boys with the saltire cross,
Aussies wont be able to face
The full toss!?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The minnows don't have the power hitting of the Kiwis so it's should be safe to say that if we get a 350 against them it won't result in a loss.

After that series it's time to bring back Warne! I'm sure Johnson can take a stress leave opening the way for Warne ;)

My lineup now would be
Hayden/Watson
Gilly
Ponting
Hussey
Hodge/Symonds
Clarke
Hogg
Warne/Tait
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
The minnows don't have the power hitting of the Kiwis so it's should be safe to say that if we get a 350 against them it won't result in a loss.

After that series it's time to bring back Warne! I'm sure Johnson can take a stress leave opening the way for Warne ;)

My lineup now would be
Hayden/Watson
Gilly
Ponting
Hussey
Hodge/Symonds
Clarke
Hogg
Warne/Tait
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

I too would love Shane to come back, but if we had him, Hoggy would be out, not in the same team.

So right now, our main lineup for the WC for the qualifying matches will be (no Lee or Symonds, Gilchrist):

Watson
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hodge
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg/ Warney (in my dreams)
Bracken
Tait
McGrath

12th man would be Johnson and the rest of our squad would be unavailable! If we need replacements for Lee in the squad - I'd like to see Shane Harwood or even Hilfenhaus given the spot before we turn to Stuart Clark again.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I think we have to go the 5 bowlers as we have been lucky to get 2 bowlers going well let alone 4 especially if Symonds isn't about. Certainly don't trust in Watson to bowl out his 10, and Hogg can go for a few to go with Tait.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
Open with Watson and bat Gilly at 5 if and when Symonds returns. Gilchrist just adds unwanted pressure on Ponting, Hayden and Clarke by scoring 15 off 9 and then getting out. I know he's there to blast off but those days are behind him and he hasnt done that for yonks.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Problem will come if Hayden is out, then you would be trying two new openers. I'd leave Gilly at opener he should hit some form soon enough and those cracking starts will be back and we can go for 400 again.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
At it worst Australia could not play four of their players (Gilchrist, Hayden, Lee and Symonds), so somehow the board of Australia need to think about their strategy of letting recover players during the course of the World Cup. These players are matchwinners, but you have to have at least some assurance that some players can play, although they can't perform as much as these players.

Because before you know it, Australia might be knocked out of the tournamen, before these players start to play and then it's too late.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If Lee can only make the semis then we will have to replace him hopefully with Hilfy or Gillespie as we need someone that can bowl a good opening spell. Symonds obviously they are waiting for him definitely need him as we are missing his middle over bowling. Hayden they might replace but surely he'll be fine come the Super 8 stage.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Hayden will be ready for the WC, that's for sure. It's laughable that people think we're in that bad that we're going to get knocked out by Scotland or the Netherlands. We've been making 300+ scores against bowling attacks who are bowling a hell of allot better then our bowling attacks. We're only vorunable against the top 8 teams.

genghis_khan

International Cricketer
wfdu_ben91 said:
It's laughable that people think we're in that bad that we're going to get knocked out by Scotland or the Netherlands.QUOTE]

yep...all non-australian fans are like a pack of wild animals surrounding the carcass. But we'll be laughing in their faces when we hold the wc aloft.

Users who are viewing this thread