Group B - Bangladesh, Bermuda, India, Sri Lanka

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Group B consists of Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh and Bermuda. All matches will be played at Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad.

Fixtures

Mar 15: Bermuda v Sri Lanka
Mar 17: Bangladesh v India
Mar 19: Bermuda v India
Mar 21: Bangladesh v Sri Lanka
Mar 23: India v Sri Lanka
Mar 25: Bangladesh v Bermuda

Squads

Bangladesh

1. Habibul Bashar (captain)
2. Shahriar Nafees (vice-captain)
3. Abdur Razzak
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Javed Omar
6. Mashrafe Mortaza
7. Mohammad Ashraful
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper)
10. Rajin Saleh
11. Saqibul Hasan
12. Shahadat Hossain
13. Syed Rasel
14. Tamim Iqbal
15. Tapash Baisya

Bermuda

1. IH Romaine (captain)
2. DA Minors (vice-captain)
3. DC Borden
4. LO Cann
5. DL Hemp
6. K Hurdle
7. M Jones
8. S Kelly
9. DM Leverock
10. S Mukuddem
11. SD Outerbridge
12. OL Pitcher
13. CJ Smith
14. JJ Tucker
15. Kwame Tucker (wicketkeeper)

India

1. R Dravid (captain)
2. SR Tendulkar (vice-captain)
3. AB Agarkar
4. MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper)
5. SC Ganguly
6. Harbhajan Singh
7. KD Karthik (wicketkeeper)
8. Z Khan
9. A Kumble
10. MM Patel
11. IK Pathan
12. V Sehwag
13. S Sreesanth
14. AR Uthappa
15. Yuvraj Singh

Sri Lanka

1. DPMD Jayawardene (captain)
2. RP Arnold
3. MS Atapattu
4. CM Bandara
5. TM Dilshan
6. CRD Fernando
7. ST Jayasuriya
8. KMDN Kulasekara
9. MF Maharoof
10. SL Malinga
11. M Muralitharan
12. KC Sangakkara (wicketkeeper)
13. LPC Silva
14. WU Tharanga
15. WPUJC Vaas

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
This is a strong group with the Srillies and India both lookingcapable of winning the WC

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Again I think this is a dead group, India and Sri Lanka should have no problems getting through with the conditions in the West Indies probably suited to their teams. The only other result I can think of is perhaps Bangladesh beating one of the big two, with the confidence they gained by beating (a very poor) Zimbabwe.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The poor ODI records for India have been compensated a bit with two consecutive series victories. So definitely raise in confidence level. Bowlers doing a better job from SA tour. Ganguly has made a come back! Tendulkar closed everyone's critics showing that he is still the nightmare for bowlers. Dhoni has shown better temperments these days and has matured a lot comparing to last caribean tour!

So India is looking very strong.. Just positive attitude of " We can win it " is needed among Indian players and they can do it. :)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Common India!! , but I still think they miss kaif and quite badly with the bad form in field, and fieling is also vital winning WC. Anyway Sri Lanka VS India will be fun.

surendar said:
The poor ODI records for India have been compensated a bit with two consecutive series victories. So definitely raise in confidence level. Bowlers doing a better job from SA tour. Ganguly has made a come back! Tendulkar closed everyone's critics showing that he is still the nightmare for bowlers. Dhoni has shown better temperments these days and has matured a lot comparing to last caribean tour!

So India is looking very strong.. Just positive attitude of " We can win it " is needed among Indian players and they can do it. :)

I think Playing a normal ODI series is 70 or 80% diffrent from World Cup, India should be moraly strong though.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I believe that Dhoni should be in the field and Kartik keeping (if both play) because Dhoni is really energetic in the field.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Yes that could be a thing they can do. But I still go for kaif :).

usy

Chairman of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
Did India/SL deliberately schedule an OD series knowing they were in the same group?

That is what makes this group abit lame, me thinks.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well many here are argueing that Kaif should be in the team,I believ with Uthappa and Dinesh Kartik in,there is absolutely no need to include Kaif as both are equally good.
Yes,we ppl shall always remember Kaif for his brilliant run-out of Nick Knight at Durban during the last World Cup.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Karthik is a better fielder than Dhoni.

I had hope for Bangla during India's slump, but now they will have to be truely magnificent and hope India/SRL are complacent if they want to make it through.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should be another good contest between the two main sides here. SL look like they can topple this group with the return of Murali and Vaas.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
this will be interesting, with SL back with full strength, and India back with tendulkar and may be kumble, India vs SL at WC will be a good one.

Nothing much else from this group though, can expect both these two teams to march into the next round...who will carry the extra points will be critical.

Users who are viewing this thread