Group A - Australia, Netherlands, Scotland, South Africa

D

Deleted member 13648

Bilal91 said:
well well well...what a turn around by the aussies...at one stage i thought SA were gonna make it easy...but than bad luck hit them and they went down one after another...one wicket remains between Australia and a great win...
Just typical Australia, you think they're on the ropes but they're just playing possum and then smash you wear you it hurts the most, the willow of the stumps.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The fielding was one thing that really let us down in those chases conceded to NZ but today it's been spot on especially the run out which got us back in the game.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
masterkhan06 said:
I thought south africa was going to win this but austarlia won it at the end

South Africa started flier , but Smith's retired hurt for a time was the turnning point :D and We won :)

etho11

International Cricketer
The Aussies are playin definitely the best cricket at the moment.

Roofrom50

International Coach
The Aussies were on fire this morning. Right from the 1st ball, you knew that they were on. Gilly and Haydos played superb in the first 15 overs, until Gillly's wicket fell. A 106 partnership really helped Australia today. And Matthew Hayden, he just does it again, A cenutry in the world cup, followed up by Punter and Clarkey who both made consecutive 90+. Good to see Symonds hit around the ball a bit, made 2 fours and 14, so all good in the Aussies camp after this morning.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
All batsman were on or over 100% strike rate. They were hot. Even Symonds got a little go.

Always had belief in Clarke and his ability and he backs it up with another impressive innings. That century is lurking for him. Good innings but they failed to really put pressure on early, which is where Lee comes into hand everytime he opens the bowling. 0/160 at 20 overs would've had Australia worried.

kodos

International Coach
Saw the first 20 overs of the Aussie innings and boy Hayden and Gilchrist were treating Pollock and Ntini without any respect. They bludgeoned Pollock especially who is usually quite miserly. Congratulations to Hayden for reaching the fastest WC century and easily set the platform for the massive total they amassed. Tait's second spell was impressive,he speared it and bowled accurate yorkers. He could be a real factor in the WC with his pace and I can see him and Malinga doing extremely well in the super 8 stages and possibly the finals.

But SA did fight hard but not hard enough, SA at 160/0 after 20 odd overs you would of really expected them to get the total or get near it. It went all pear shape with the runout of DeVilliers, excellent fielding out in the deep by Watson and to me Kallis slowed proceedings and shifted the momentum towards Aus. He really needed to hit some more boundaries instead of letting Boucher, Smith and Pollock to do all the work. When Smith won the toss he should of batted first, he said that he doesn't know what's a decent total was on the track but surely anything above 350 was more than decent to chase. Batting second often creates pressure and especially on the big stage such as the WC. It was a defensive decision by him which backfired.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its luck in Aussie's way. The pitch had nothing for bowlers.. SA started off in right direction. The run out of Villiers is turning point becos it was when the RRR started to climb up. Smith's fitness struggle made the things more easy for Aussies.

The way SA went in first 20 Overs, they shd have won this game at ease.. but pity that they didn't have enough luck.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
angryangy said:
Ok, before I go to bed, I'm going to make some (possibly ridiculous) predictions.

Bracken - ugly start, recovers, mediocre game - 0/60ish
Tait - matchwinning performance - 6/60
McGrath - doesn't cop as much stick as Pollock - 3/45
Watson - plays like a total noob - 8 an over until he's pulled 0/50
Hogg - tidy spin, a crucial wicket, won't get enough overs - 1/30
Symonds - undercooked, will probably get too many overs - 0/60
Bracken - had an ugly start and recovered, but bowled much better.
Tait - did snare the hard hitters Boucher and Kemp, but not the ridiculous six wickets.
McGrath - didn't cop as much stick as Pollock, but it seems I had McGrath and Bracken confused in my crystal ball.
Watson - wasn't quite a total noob, but he could've been if the batsmen were right to take him on. I knew as soon as I left that I should have factored in a runout.
Hogg - got his full complement and was all over the top order
Symonds - was undercooked, but didn't get too many overs

Reasonable.

The overall numbers were pretty good, though, from that I'd given all out for 305, just 11 runs over. I guess it's because the game played how I felt it was, offering plenty for South Africa, but unlike Auckland, where we saw the same key bowlers fail to defend 336, Australia had the edge in the field and the bowlers are playing like it's a World Cup.

symonds_sixes

Club Cricketer
I love beating South Africa, Smith is such a smart arse...heat exhaustion my arse, he was obviously starting to tire a little and wanted Gibbs or someone to come in and pick up the run rate.

Users who are viewing this thread