Group C - Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Canadians fell away in the end but still put up a decent fight in reply to NZ huge total. Surely this match confirms Tuffey is well and truely over the hill, Mason not so good this time round.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Davison looked good again. I think if he had opened against England or Kenya, Canada could have seen some extra points.

asheswonder

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
england need a good start spesh fom joycey! good luck to the lads! ;)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
aussie1st said:
Tuffey ruled out of the WC, no big loss TBH. Martin will replace him although he shouldn't really be needed unless injury strikes.

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/286911.html

That's probably good news for the Kiwis, IMO he shouldn't of even been in the squad in the first place.

I hope we play Bopara and Freddie tommorow, Bopara looked good against Canada (and he didn't look bad in that ODI against Australia back in the CB series). Playing them two means we'll have to drop someone, and I think it should be Darlymple, he hasn't contributed a lot with bat or ball lately.

Sureshot

Executive member
Bopara's a fighter and we'll need them tomorrow. But JD is loved by Fletch (he's our No.1 spinner if you didn't know). Bopara will get dropped unfortunately, given that JD has nothing on him in either the bowling or batting department.

wolf

International Cricketer
I like Dalrmyple, he is the sort of cricketer we need. I wish he would take a few more wickets with his bowling though.

rocklara

International Coach
Guys weather update....

Its been raining non stop. Heavy overnight showers will delay the start of play. I am eager to attend my 1st ICC World Cup match. It was raining heavily this morning at 6 AM/11 AM GMT and its only now that the sun has started to peep through. THe rain has ceased at the BCG but the sun is not too bright over there. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed...

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
should make the conditions a bit more suited to England then lets just hope we get a game in!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
wolf said:
I like Dalrmyple, he is the sort of cricketer we need. I wish he would take a few more wickets with his bowling though.

He is currently finely balanced on the line of either being a handy all-rounder, multidimensional cricketer who can bat, bowl, and field.

Or a bits and pieces cricketer who isn't actually good enough in either disicpline. Worryingly it's his bowling that people within the England setup seem to rate, yet he is, and always has been, essentially a batsman who bowls a bit.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Alright start by Kenya just need someone to support Tikolo. Shame about the game being reduced to 43 overs.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Neat work by Monty there because that was a bit of an awkward throw to him.

aussie1st said:
Alright start by Kenya just need someone to support Tikolo. Shame about the game being reduced to 43 overs.

Nicely jinxed Sly. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread