Group B - Bangladesh, Bermuda, India, Sri Lanka

Sagacious

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
BCCI will probably make some mediocre ex-cricketer as India coach lol :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
prarara said:
Honestly, I think he's fed up with our inchoate system. I'm serioursly torn on who the next coach should be, because in all likelihood, if it's someone, the least bit aggressive, he'll come to opposition with the way we run things.
The sad thing is, it is our fault as fans for the way his tenure has turned out. The supporters of Chappell when he was in the running (I was one of them) claimed that he would change Indian cricket to be about efficiency and not politics. And when he attempted to change that, we quibbled about how he should not insult our greats and let them be. It was hypocritical of us, and I can definitely see why Chappell would want to move on to a more sane territory.

Sagacious said:
BCCI will probably make some mediocre ex-cricketer as India coach lol :)
They will probably select one in the interim. But with the all the money they are swimming around in, they should find the right man for the job. Of course, money does not buy everything. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
sohummisra said:
I think you've got the equation backwards. We are fans. They are the people we support. We only saw our team lose. We weren't out there in the XI actually losing. If you think that our pain is greater than their pain, then you really need to stop emulating an ostrich in fear.

Perfect reply! Completely agree!

iceman_waugh said:
The recent outburst by Tendulkar was not too good.
Infact,I believe he did it emotionally. I mean,that he knows that his place in the team is not fixed,by coming out with such statements,it seems he wants to gain public sympathy. Btw,what exactly is he going through?

Good imagination!

iceman_waugh said:
The Indians have never ever been attacked by any person.No one has challenged them.This is what is hurting them now.They are out of the WC and we can expect some great changes,unless the likes of Pawar want to retain Tendulkar coz of these statements.

Tendulkar is not going anywhere! I can bet with you on that! He just doesnt deserve to be treated like that just for these few matches in this world cup!

iceman_waugh said:
Why should we give a thought to what you ppl are going through ?Can't you the cricketers give a thought as to what we,the fans are going through after the humiliating defeats against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka ?

Who asked you to put up so much passion for the cricketers and Indian cricket? as sohum said, the pain that they go through is much more than what we go through. some of them might also face the consequences like being sacked. its their profession and its a risk to their career.

iceman_waugh said:
That dream was shatterred cause the players did'nt play well.There is absolutely no need for them to come out in the public and give such interviews.

Same way, Chappell shouldnt be leaking out stuff about the team to the media. If he can do such disgusting stuff, then the players are well within their right to come out and give interviews. It was a case of 'passing the blame' on the senior players by Chappell (he has quit now and I thank him fro that!).

iceman_waugh said:
Sourav-own interest.
Is Sachin also not playing for his own interest.The perfect example dates back to the 194 * he scored against Pak.

The situation under which he was batting, he was perfectly within his rights to look for his personal goal of getting a double century! I doubt even the best of captains would have declared had any of their players been batting in the middle on 194 with the team have scored a mamooth total!

Sagacious said:

Thank god! The decision has finally come from him. Good!

As a human being, have a safe trip back home and after getting back home, try to recollect all that you planned to do but that you did not eventually do for Indian cricket!

Good bye Chappell!

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Chappell

saisrini80 said:
As a human being, have a safe trip back home and after getting back home, try to recollect all that you planned to do but that you did not eventually do for Indian cricket!

Good bye Chappell!

His (Chappell's) greatest contribution was showing Indian Cricket the Mirror. He showed the nation what the team was all about. - Sanjay Manjrekar

Tendulkar didn't like what he saw in the mirror. So he's angry at Chappell who was just holding the mirror.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Cricketman93 said:
Again, not the place to talk about it. Go to the Fanclub >.<!

As long as it is about Indian cricket after the world cup, its fine to be talked about here. people dont prefer shifting places/ let them continue here. once the next series for india starts off, then we can create a new thread for that series and continue our discussion there!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
saisrini80 said:
As long as it is about Indian cricket after the world cup, its fine to be talked about here. people dont prefer shifting places/ let them continue here. once the next series for india starts off, then we can create a new thread for that series and continue our discussion there!
Perhaps like the Bangladesh in India thread that has been up for nearly a week?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
andrew_nixon said:
Perhaps like the Bangladesh in India thread that has been up for nearly a week?

I didnt know about it until I stumbled upon it today! If you want to, we can shift it there. You are a global moderator!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Tendulkar is not going anywhere! I can bet with you on that! He just doesnt deserve to be treated like that just for these few matches in this world cup!

It not just a few matches,you see.From the last WC till today,show me any one match where he has taken India to victory.[barring the weak oppositions]
When a player is not playing well,do the selectors ask him " Hey dude,you are not playing well,but you are a star cricketer,would you like to be dropped ? "

I'd like to see him go back to domestic cricket,show his worth/form and be selected on merit,not on the basis of past performances.
A tendulakr at the crease nowadays does not seem to instill fear in the oppostion.

Who asked you to put up so much passion for the cricketers and Indian cricket? as sohum said, the pain that they go through is much more than what we go through. some of them might also face the consequences like being sacked. its their profession and its a risk to their career.

Celebrity status is a double-edged sword.
He works so hard for the ads that he does'nt gettime to practice.
And tell me my dear man,if you don't work hard,would your boss not sack you ?
*If you constantly err when you are under pressure,would you not be sacked ? Imagine that your company puts you in charge of getting a contract from another party and you are unable to do it.This happens not once but thrice.And the contract is very important to your company.Will your company not sack you ?
Now compare the company to the BCCI and the employee to Tendulakr.

The situation under which he was batting, he was perfectly within his rights to look for his personal goal of getting a double century! I doubt even the best of captains would have declared had any of their players been batting in the middle on 194 with the team have scored a mamooth total!
The captain would indeed have not declared had the match been heading for a draw.
In the above mentioned match,Yuvraj had already informed him that the captain intended to declare the innings.And ,it clearly showed that Tendulakr wanted it badly as he was batting quite slowly and carefully.
I'd like to remind you of the 4th Test against Australia in Sydney in 2004.Tendulkar batted slowly and thats what cost us the match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ravi Shastri emerging as the strong candidate to be India's team manager for the Bangladesh tour. There will be no coach for this tour.

Source: Cricinfo
---------------

Hmm... Quite interesting! Will Shastri accept this? If Ganguly gets selected, it will be even more interesting. Shastri hasnt been Ganguly's friend. But Shastri might be a good guy. He was an all rounder unlike Chappell who was a pure batsmen.

But this is just a temporary solution. Whats the permanent solution going to be?

Ideally, I am looking for a combination of Viv Richards + Robin Singh + Venkatesh Prasad. This, I feel, would be superb. Richards being the main coach, Robin Singh being the fielding coach and Prasad being the bowling coach!

prarara

International Cricketer
Is Jonty Rhodes, or that American Coach from New Zealand available? The latter's worked wonders with NZ fielding.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
saisrini80 said:
Prasad being the bowling coach!

What happened to u sai? :) U want Prasad to be bowling coach :p I still remember how he was smashed by many left handers with no mercy..especially Jayasuriya is so fond of him and next to Sanath is Gary Kirsten!

I guess thats from where the slow bowlers originated. In my opinion, Prasad himself is nowhere near a good bowler.. if he is to be the bowling coach.. We can expect more & more slower bowlers ;)

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
prarara said:
Is Jonty Rhodes, or that American Coach from New Zealand available? The latter's worked wonders with NZ fielding.
I heard rumors a while back that the guy was going to be hired by the PCB. What happened to that?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
iceman_waugh said:
He works so hard for the ads that he does'nt gettime to practice.
Are you serious? :rtfl

iceman_waugh said:
I'd like to remind you of the 4th Test against Australia in Sydney in 2004.Tendulkar batted slowly and thats what cost us the match.
Only in India can a man score 241* and be blamed for costing us the match. He scored his runs at a S/R of 55, which is not bad for test cricket. Furthermore, Laxman only scored a shade higher, at 59 runs a ball. And how about the second innings, where Sachin scored a quickfire 50 to set up the match for us? It's easy to ignore all this since you seem to have a personal agenda against Sachin.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
All it takes is one duck for a whole nation to ignore almost 15000 ODI runs and 10000 test runs and immediatley call for dropping. Its sad how people forget things so quickly.

surendar said:
What happened to u sai? :) U want Prasad to be bowling coach :p I still remember how he was smashed by many left handers with no mercy..especially Jayasuriya is so fond of him and next to Sanath is Gary Kirsten!

I guess thats from where the slow bowlers originated. In my opinion, Prasad himself is nowhere near a good bowler.. if he is to be the bowling coach.. We can expect more & more slower bowlers ;)
how about Javagal Srinath or Kapil?

Users who are viewing this thread