Help for a new Computer, from a console user!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hi Guys,

Need a new PC for Gaming, work etc etc.

Any advice on what to get. looking for something that will play all games nicely and do all the normal jobs!

P

pcfan123

wealey is on PC now :doh

Way to abandon your console colleagues

P

pcfan123

I might be considering a switch to PC too mate, just getting a bit tired of having to fight the roommates to use the TV.

Its just so bloody expensive to build a new system from the ground up

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Its just so bloody expensive to build a new system from the ground up

Yeah true, im not overly fussy. Just looking for something "decent" that will do the job and run smoothly.

Obviously if Ashes Cricket is unpatched and with the betas lying around, would be silly not to have a play with those lol!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If you're not after a really serious gaming computer and you know how to build yourself (or have a helpful friend) you can probably do it for under ?300.

P

pcfan123

If you're not after a really serious gaming computer and you know how to build yourself (or have a helpful friend) you can probably do it for under ?300.

Does that include a graphics card that can play AC09?

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Sure i cud find someone!... cheers for the comments guys! apologies its in the wrong forum!

P

pcfan123

Total noob question but what else would I need besides:

motherboard
GPU
processor
RAM
HardDrive
Case
power supply

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That's pretty much it. DVD drive, monitor and mouse/keyboard although if you already have a PC you can probably transfer some of it over. I kept my DVD+RW and bought a Blu ray drive.

P

pcfan123

ah cheers, I can probably save money with reusing some parts. Also forgot that I would have to buy an operating system too so that will be a decent chunk of change

Users who are viewing this thread