HEX Editing

Honda Civic

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can anyone tell me exactly how to do hex editing?
I have ICY Hexplorer, but don't know how to work with it.
Can anyonee tell me what files must I edit in Cricket 2004 to change some of the menus etc...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd use the config editor for changing menus to be honest. It's much easier.
Put the offset+1 into the list.txt

das_vicky

International Cricketer
search in Multiex for required file, besides the filename(for e.g. noname1002) there is the offset. Just add 1 to the value and put that value in list.txt

Honda Civic

Club Cricketer
das vicky, now I'm really confused.
Is it possible to tell me step by step or to post some screen shots of how to do this.
It might sound easy for your guys who already snapped how to change the offsets, but for me and many others out ther, we really would like to know.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
ok heres the list barmy was talking about. Just add this to ur config editors location. The menus are down near the bottom. I don't know if all the files for the menu stuff are there but there is a lot of tv graphics files to edit.
For hex editing the menus u want just look for 'textures' and see the sizes like width and height and x and y pos. These things will tell you what is what.

Attachments

• List.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 30

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
well honda first of all find a tool called Multiex...or pm me if u want it from me...then run it on the gob...u should see a list of noname files...these are the files that handle different menus and stuff...look at the offset on the right...now open ur list.txt(config editor folder)...and add the noname file with offset+1 in the same format as others are listed in the list...

hope this helps u...or just use the list updated here by aussie

Honda Civic

Club Cricketer
Barmy Army, I've used the program Multiex as suggested bydas vicky and it works perfectly to open the gob file, but how do I see what pictures or file extensions is used to replace the original one's with?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The trouble with the .gob is that most the graphics files are in a .txd archive. Therefore the png files you can see (autopreview) are mostly not used in the game (faces/stumps etc).
You will have to figure out the .txt extensions yourself allthough checking round the forum will certainly help. My thread entitled XML editing has the number (noname???) for every single screen file to edit. Use this, MultiEx for offsets and config editor for changing stuff and you should be sorted...

Honda Civic

Club Cricketer
Thanks.
Tell me if I used Multiex and extract for example noname797 which is a main menu file.
To what extension must I rename the file to access it after I have extracted it?

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Honda Civic said:
Thanks.
Tell me if I used Multiex and extract for example noname797 which is a main menu file.
To what extension must I rename the file to access it after I have extracted it?
dude why do u need to extract the whole thing...if you extract it, then rename it and then change it and then try to import it, Multiex will create a whole new gob for it...there's a better way to do it...

just look at noname797 and its offset on the righthand side, now open ur list.txt and at the end write noname797(or whatever reference name u wanna use), offset + 1 and save the file....then use config editor to make the changes you want to make...no need to do the lengthier procedure...

Users who are viewing this thread