How are you doing in your career?

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can I score a double ton on debut! :D (I have played 100% ground strokes) Falling around me like flies atm.

20170202222111_1.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1486037489][/DOUBLEPOST]If I had faced 290 deliveries in DBC14 I'd be on 500-700 runs :)

break1n

School Cricketer
Probably been mentioned before, but why is my bowler at t20 amateur level able to bowl 98mph with next to no points in speed? Also because the bowlers are the same speeds in amateur level, suddenly stepping up to bowlers like Steyn and Starc feels exactly the same to me speed wise when in reality there should be a massive difference. Would also make the game more challenging if the bowlers were getting more speed/movement/spin each time I advance a level which would happen in real life. At least if there are SOME rapid bowlers at amateur level they should at least be more erratic

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
ahh ok :) but still DBC17 does get the 4 overthrows wrong, i often complete 1 run then it gets a 4 overthrow, only for the system to record 4 instead of 5.
it was same in DBC14

madman981

Club Captain
Im getting attention from the aussie t20 squad, tonight i plan to make my t20 debut for the aussies over a bottle of scotch

I forgot how rewarding dbc was, loving the 2017 version, ive been playing since monday and looking forward to big ants improvements

Still yet to make a ton tho, my aggressive style of batting doesnt translate to shield cricket just yet haha

madman981

Club Captain
So wait, if you leave a ball u get confidence boost whilst batting?

Sorry i only just got the game and havent heard this

Do u have to press L3 to register a leave to get the confidence boost or can u just not play a shot

I gotta stop playing shots to every ball then haha

SimonC4

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
So wait, if you leave a ball u get confidence boost whilst batting?

Sorry i only just got the game and havent heard this

Do u have to press L3 to register a leave to get the confidence boost or can u just not play a shot

I gotta stop playing shots to every ball then haha
Yeah, leaving gets a small boost to confidence and stamina. Generally every ball you get a small increase in confidence. You get bigger boost in confidence by hitting boundaries and lose confidence by playing and missing, getting hit, and edges.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
will the batting timing window get broader as the confidence increases?

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
I finally got selected for the NSW state shield team after 4 seasons. After reading tips on the forum and having time to build an innings I have an average of 33 and a top score of 141.

Shame the one days uniforms don't show up though. They still wear the long format uniform.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
will the batting timing window get broader as the confidence increases?

I don't believe so christy, from my experience it just means you have a better chance of timing/placement being 'true' in regards to your own personal timing during the allocated window. You can make changes to that window (increase/decrease duration) manually though through gameplay settings.

If you haven't noticed already, as the bowler is about to bowl, they pretty much show what length and width the delivery will be. As I recently (first game since club cricket) came face to face with the new ball in an innings, that does not take into consideration the cut or swing.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
I did it! Not a bad domestic debut but as much as I like the game play, if I go on like this, will I play Internationals before 2018? :)

Attachments

• 20170204005113_1.jpg
    20170204005113_1.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 121

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
after a
I did it! Not a bad domestic debut but as much as I like the game play, if I go on like this, will I play Internationals before 2018? :)
great, but if you want to spend more time in domestic cricket then you can always increase the difficulty

Ruckus

School Cricketer
I am a top order batsman/allrounder (nearly all of my points put into batting not bowling). So why then in my debut domestic match did I bowl 17 out of 60.2 overs, score 222* and then have to bowl 5 of the first 17 overs of the next innings as a leg spinner on a batting wicket? Not ONCE in the 100+ overs I faced as a batsman did the opposition ever bowl an all rounder. Pure pace for 700 deliveries. It's my first match out of club cricket and I feel I'm going to spend most of my time bowling if I don't score a double ton every game.. It makes no sense.[DOUBLEPOST=1486133513][/DOUBLEPOST]
after a

great, but if you want to spend more time in domestic cricket then you can always increase the difficulty

Do you think if I increase the difficulty I won't be put on to bowl so often?
More than happy to work harder for 20-30 runs if I know I'm not going to be bowling so often :)

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
I'm a "bowling all-rounder", bowling right arm leggies and batting 5 (despite averaging about 10). I'm the captain of NSW, playing in the Caribbean T20 and English T20, played Big Bash. The bowling is going well, few 5ers, very economical, but struggling massively with the bat. I have one first class 50, that's it. For some reason I keep getting offered captaincy, which I dumb, but at least it means I can drop myself down the order.

Users who are viewing this thread