How are you doing in your career?

AbsoluteWrongun

School Cricketer
Liverpool (Aigburth is my closest ground)
My first FC season as a top order batsman for Lancashire has been completed and in it I played 25 innings as the Red Rose finished 5th in the Championship. I scored 1161 runs at an average of 46.44 with a high score of 151 which was my only ton, though I got myself out in the 80s three times. I didn't play List A matches but have been selected for the upcoming season so hopefully I can make an impression in that competition. Next on the list is to score a few more tons and maybe tickle the fancies of the England selectors, but there is a lot of time for that yet.

Dillyboy81

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really enjoying the game playing for England in all formats but all my stats are not moving when my player comes in to bat or bowl,stuck on like 7 matches??

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really enjoying the game playing for England in all formats but all my stats are not moving when my player comes in to bat or bowl,stuck on like 7 matches??

It's a known bug that has been reported. Hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.

Dillyboy81

School Cricketer
It's a known bug that has been reported. Hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.
Thanks just makes me not want to continue my career before patch 4 in case I have to start a new one!

Fantazm

County Cricketer
is it every skill level that the AI never puts anyone at mid-on for seamers? it's not even worth me going for an off side shot when there's only 2 men on the leg side and that's kinda boring.

suddyz

Club Captain
is it every skill level that the AI never puts anyone at mid-on for seamers? it's not even worth me going for an off side shot when there's only 2 men on the leg side and that's kinda boring.
I think reading some of the posts in the forum this issues can be somewhat resolved by creating a whole lot of custom fields with on side placements. What the AI does is they use your custom field placements. So I think some people have had success with this although I have yet to try this solution for myself.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Worth a shot.

Still can't hit the gap through extra cover. Absolutely brilliant at nailing it to deep mid off and cover fielders along the floor, but the big gap between them? Forget about it.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
"Expecting selection" for both the Aussie and NZ first class competitions, so do I get picked up? Of course not.

I was wondering if they could be bothered to pick anything except "7-2 balanced" when bowling a seamer too.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok so I started my first full season in the Aussie domestic league (my 1st season I was selected with only 5 shield games before season's end.) I played the 7 one dayers and literally the very next day after my last one day game, my 1st shield game started. I saw on the fixtures page that there are supposedly meant to be finals for the top 4 teams. We finished third. Do finals exist in the Aussie domestic one dayer competition?

I was chosen as captain for the shield team, I accepted and when the shield game started I wasn't the captain, someone else had the (c) and did the toss etc. I wasn't chosen until the day of the game (after my final one dayer) and from past experience as club captain I chose the line up the day before a game so maybe that's why and I might be captain next game, we'll find out I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1489148736][/DOUBLEPOST]
Worth a shot.

Still can't hit the gap through extra cover. Absolutely brilliant at nailing it to deep mid off and cover fielders along the floor, but the big gap between them? Forget about it.

I do this 99% of the time too but occasionally I slip one past cover. Usually a back foot drive, aggressive ground stroke.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How are y'all scoring these massive hundreds? After about 20 balls I'm on 0% stamina and running between the wickets becomes a very risky prospect.

It can really suck in a T20 especially if you're an all rounder as bowling chews through stamina and you can't regenerate it (to my knowledge). Unless you either leave deliveries when on strike or standing at the non strikers end and not running between wickets, I don't think you can regenerate stamina.

If you're playing a 4-5 day game, just don't be too trigger happy to run quick singles or using sprint to turn a 2 into a 3 etc. Sometimes if I'm really low on stamina in a 4-5 day game I'll actually sit the controller down if I'm the non striker and let him get dot balls or boundaries. Skipping deliveries when you're not on strike you will NOT regenerate stamina.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
New episode out! Overthrows are really making it unenjoyable (not the actual overthrows themselves, but the way in which they come about).

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Worth a shot.

That was my favourite shot in dbc 14. Now it's so hard I just edge it to the keeper! Forget about it indeed!

suddyz

Club Captain

It has now been confirmed that the AI uses our user created field placements. @jaffar100 has created a great thread in the Planet Cricket Academy sub forum with a thread called "Field Placements" in which he has given his views of custom field placements which allow for the game to be more realistic. Highly recommend you take a look at this.

Users who are viewing this thread