How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just finished an epic ODI with Sri Lanka to get through to the final of the tournament. It needed a lot of work from me. Bowling to specific fields, very tight lines and using the spinner glitch. However, it provided a fantastic finish, very, very exciting. Last wicket was stumped by Prior off of Swann.

Attachments

• PICT0863.JPG
    PICT0863.JPG
    895.4 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0864.JPG
    PICT0864.JPG
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 48
  • PICT0865.JPG
    PICT0865.JPG
    910 KB · Views: 31

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Whenever I try and slog, I get out lol. Maybe Transmission made the game just for me?:p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Just finished an epic ODI with Sri Lanka to get through to the final of the tournament. It needed a lot of work from me. Bowling to specific fields, very tight lines and using the spinner glitch. However, it provided a fantastic finish, very, very exciting. Last wicket was stumped by Prior off of Swann.

I've had a few similar in the ODi tournament!

Does it not annoy you the fake names? I HAD to change them before playing as, or against, any unlicensed team.

I think what i might try, in an effort to get realistic runrates, is turn Hauritiz into a slow bowler rather than a spin bowler (me playing as Aus). Do you reckon this would work?

Do leg spinners get smashed like off spinners?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
started a test match against pakistan...........
620 all out in 50 overs !!! :p

then bhajji joins the party :D

i dunno but i find it almost impossible to take wickets with the new ball !:facepalm:crying:noway

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-18 18-27-57-14 [1440x900].jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-18 18-27-57-14 [1440x900].jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 59

sl_fan

School Cricketer
started a test match against pakistan...........
620 all out in 50 overs !!! :p

then bhajji joins the party :D

i dunno but i find it almost impossible to take wickets with the new ball !:facepalm:crying:noway

is this a test match or an ODI match ?:p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I think what i might try, in an effort to get realistic runrates, is turn Hauritiz into a slow bowler rather than a spin bowler (me playing as Aus). Do you reckon this would work?

Do leg spinners get smashed like off spinners?

I'd say worse, i've created myself as a Chinamen bowler (leg-arm legspin) and I get carted regularly...I maintain that is damn realistic :p

clayton1001

School Cricketer
Just won the first ashes test by 8 wickets :p I won the toss and decided to bat and made 497 with flintoff and cook making hundreds. Australia then made 237 with flintoff with 6/71. I enforced the follow on and australia finished on 316 and i succesfully chased down to win the match by 8 wickets. Very entertaining game and the a.i only going at around 3.75 rpo. Currently preparing the teams for the 2nd test at Lords

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Just bowled Aus out on the first day.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 65

Sureshot

Executive member
I've had a few similar in the ODi tournament!

Does it not annoy you the fake names? I HAD to change them before playing as, or against, any unlicensed team.

Nah, I know who they are. I have actually changed the names, but the match had started before I changed them.

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
This is getting to easy.

I decide to play really realisticly, so I bat a whole day and 1 hour to get 624 dec. with Strauss making 270 odd. I think bowling the AI out was gonna be a challenge, I was wrong. All out for 64, enforce the follow on, all out for 48. ON HARD. Oh, and every team you ever play with has to have a short mid-off. God.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Got bored of the game ages ago and have only been playing it since to get the 1000 gamerscore on it (i'm a whore I know) so now that I have 1000'd it I can cash in on it.

jamershepp

School Cricketer
Got bored of the game ages ago and have only been playing it since to get the 1000 gamerscore on it (i'm a whore I know) so now that I have 1000'd it I can cash in on it.

sorry not to have a go out you but your very sad just playing this game for gamerscore i belive you are not playing the game properly fair enough there are some glitches ect but i believe that these glitches occur mainly when you dont play the game properly if you play it safe with the bat you get decent score on hard and if you bowl good lengths they do not slog or any stupid run outs since i been bowling good length very often and having offside pack with men with 3 in slip and few on leg side obviously i have had hardly no run outs and im starting to get decent catches offside and in slip and lbws and even bowling them out hitting the stumps play the game right and its very enjoyable light green area when bowling thats whats always to aim for trust me also spinners very usefull for me now they dont get hit all over the park good times

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread