How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Decided to play the Pakistan-Australia MCC Spirit of Cricket Test Series and to make it realistic (as I can't bowl to save my life) I decided I would bat for both teams.

At the end of the opening day Pakistan reached 302/8. Yousuf was the only batsmen to make over 50, finishing the day on 171* (312). Pakistan were in trouble at 189/7, but Yousuf and Aamer put on 80 for the 8th wicket. Aamer eventually went late in the day, run out for 9 (46). Afridi was one of three ducks, as he skied his first ball up in the air and was easily caught.

Pakistan 302/8
S Butt - c. Hussey b. Hilfenhaus - 12 (29)
I Nazir - c. Hussey b. Johnson - 12 (31)
M Yousuf - not out - 171 (312)
M Ul-Haq - run out (North) - 0 (9)
S Afridi - c. Hussey b. Clark - 0 (1)
S Malik - c. Ponting b. Johnson - 48 (97)
K Akmal - c. North b. Johnson - 8 (17)
U Gul - c. Katich b. Johnson - 0 (9)
M Aamer - run out (Siddle) - 9 (46)
I Anjum - not out - 5 (26)
D Kaneria -

M Johnson - 24 - 2 - 68 - 4
B Hilfenhaus - 24 - 2 - 86 - 1
P Siddle - 11 - 3 - 29 - 0
S Clark - 5 - 0 - 27 - 1
M North - 17 - 1 - 75 - 0
M Clarke - 9 - 3 - 18 - 0

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there a squad file for AC09 like there is for IC2010 that changes the names for me? If there is, anybody care to link me to it? Ta x

D

Dutch

Without wanting to be a complete Duckworth Lewis but for the life of me I can't understand how people think Ashes 09 is better than IC2010. I would love to hear the reasons behind it. For me Ashes 09 was fundamentally broken and unplayable. IC2010 is a bit broken and playable. And if you are on XBox you're are not even able to play the patched version, which made it a bit more playable....

Not sure this is the thread but Trev, Watson33 or someone else who wants to give their opinion please share.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think it's an awful game for the most part. The fact I have to bat for both teams and resist the urge to slog tells you all you need to know about the game. The only reason I play AC09 is because I got it as a christmas present and I can't afford to buy games at this moment in time.

D

Dutch

I think it's an awful game for the most part. The fact I have to bat for both teams and resist the urge to slog tells you all you need to know about the game. The only reason I play AC09 is because I got it as a christmas present and I can't afford to buy games at this moment in time.

Ah ha! Fair enough....valid reasons indeed! :) Because I am in a position to buy a game if I want (that sounds arrogant but that is not my intention) I forget that it isn't always that easy....

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, I'd love to be able to buy a few games at the moment (IC10, F1 Challenge 99-02, Tiger Woods 08 - all of which are relatively cheap) but I just can't. Plus there are games coming out like FIFA11, Madden 10 that I also want to buy but I'm completely strapped for cash. I have no job at the moment, I've got a trip to NYC coming up in which I have to pay for travel insurance and train tickets and so life has just halted really. It is very annoying and has made me appreciate the past few years when I've been able to buy the games I want.

So for now I'll have to make do with what I have already. I order you to enjoy the freedom for both of us :p

Last edited:

BenPhoenix

School Cricketer
Hi, i'm new the to the forums. I'm not a big cricket fan but I come in peace, lol. It's not so much that I don't like the sport but when I try to watch it, the commentators go on in cricket language is means nothing to me.

Anyway, I bought this game the other day as it was going cheap and I remembered how much I used to like Brian Lara Cricket for PS1 back in the day. I'm having fun so far, the 2nd innings have been a nightmare though. FIVE LBW calls were not given, then the HAWKEYE showed the ball hitting the stumps, lol.
Now i'm batting, needing around 400 runs to win and i'm 23/5, nightmare!

4js1es.jpg

Bounce

County Cricketer
Just have a look at this video guys. Uploaded by aliawaiskhan on YouToube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snake199

School Cricketer
Here is how I'm doing on Easy.

Test match at Jamaica between Kenya and England (I'm England)

Currently 1100/3 after 41 overs:

Created Player 644 (139) (47x4,73x6) Not out
A. Strauss 70 (17) (7x4, 7x6) B L.Onyengi
K. Pietersen 95 (22) (11x4) (8x6) B P.Ongunde C Obada
A. Flintoff 246 (67) *37x4) (13x6) B R. Bedea
P. Collingwood 33 (13) (5x4) (1x6) Not out

Bowling:
P. Ongunde 11-0-309-1
L. Onyengi 10-0-284-1
R. Bedea 9-0-224-1
S. Tekeli 6-0-181-0
H. Verenya 3-0-62-0
C. Obeye 2-0-40-0

The bowling has been horrific so far but they recently brought on a spinner called C. Obeye and he is bowling okay. He is using a defensive field so I'm struggling to hit boundaries against him. He has best economy rate so I will be surprised if he is is taken out of the attack.

Here is a quick summary of what has been going on with the bat:

Strauss got off to a good start but with a miss judgement with his timing he had to go and the score was 169-1. Pietersen was looking good and approaching a century but while attempting to cover drive it chipped it up straight to a fielder and he went for 95. Score was 398-2. But my created player and Flintoff started to build a partnership which went on through to lunch, but soon after lunch he was bowled playing a shot to early against the slower ball, 958-3. Collingwood next and he got off to a slow start. He played the first defensive shot of the innings when he first came in but he eventually got going and is now on 33 from 13 balls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread