ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pcfan123

Sri Lanka V Pakistan would have been better, seeing as they're both sub-continent teams and all.

Some people just cannot think objectively. Blinded by patriotism, which as a wise man once said is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
India and Bangladesh are going to open the World Cup with their game being played at Mirpur, Bangladesh. Why couldnt it have been India vs England? That would be a high voltage start. Bangladesh is good, but I would have liked to see two big ticket teams clash in the opening fixture.

b.c Bangladesh is hosting the 1st match, and host gets to open the tournament. check all the other tournaments from the past

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Sri Lanka V Pakistan would have been better, seeing as they're both sub-continent teams and all.

are any of them hosting the opening match?? the 1st match is in Bangladesh, so they will play the 1st match, with 1 other country... if the 1st match was in pak, they would have played the 1st match...

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why dont you go ahead and create threads for the next 30 World Cups.

Who knows what the bloody hell will happen by then.

There is already a thread on the next Ashes which opened a month ago. The next Ashes will finish in January 2011 and this World Cup begins in February 2011, not a huge difference. If one on the Ashes is justified, so is this one.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
There is already a thread on the next Ashes which opened a month ago. The next Ashes will finish in January 2011 and this World Cup begins in February 2011, not a huge difference. If one on the Ashes is justified, so is this one.

Some people are hypocrites. When its about their country and their series, its "okay". When someone else does the same thing, they go about ranting people. Glad you pointed this out to him. :clap

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
offtopic
Well if ICC announce the fixtures of next 30 WC then what is a problem to open a thread for all 30WCs.
ontopic
All subcontinental teams will have advantage,in order to win this world cup your teams must have to be well equipped to play spin.
Australia,New zealand,South Africa and England must have to play more and more spin to get themself use to it,otherwise thier batting lineups will suerly be tested in 2011 WC.
All subcontinent teams have super spinners and they can come up as nightmare for other teams.
Although Cricket is a game where prediction doesn't have much meaning still I think this WC will be lifted by one of the subcontinental teams.
Every member wants that their team wins so I also want Pakistan to win but more then that I would love to see a Final between India and Pakistan in Mumbai.
Hope I can be able to get visa of India by that time to see the final.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I just had a dream yesterday. India have a very good tournament in this World Cup, and qualify for the grand finale in Mumbai which is Sachin Tendulkar's home ground and Sachin announces that it will be the last ODI match of his career and he wants his team to give him the fitting farewell of winning a World Cup at his home ground. And Sachin along with the boys achieve the dream and its a night that no Indian fan will ever forget. WOW! If that happens, it would be one hell of a day!

Sachin has to make it his World Cup. He has a big incentive - Lift the World Cup in front of his home crowd and retire in glory! A fitting and sensational end to a legend like him.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
By 2011 Bangladesh might become a really strong team and possibly beat India in the opening game, you know it's a long time from now :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
By 2011 Bangladesh might become a really strong team and possibly beat India in the opening game, you know it's a long time from now :p

Even if India lose to Bangladesh, we have a 5 more chances to make it to the quarterfinals unlike last time when one defeat against Bangladesh cost us a lot (even though the defeat to SL sealed it).

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ that was the best thing that ever happened to thay team... they came out stronger after that wc

P

pcfan123

Sachin has to make it his World Cup. He has a big incentive - Lift the World Cup in front of his home crowd and retire in glory! A fitting and sensational end to a legend like him.

No pressure what so ever I'm sure :p

Params7

International Cricketer
I predict an India vs Pakistan WC final, in Mumbai.

Its just waiting to happen (if the selectors don't mess up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread