ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

Lebanna

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel a touch sorry for Ireland, they and Bangladesh played the best cricket across the qualifers and they had a match curtailed which they might have had a chance of boosting their RR with.

That said - wow, just wow. That was phenomenal from the Dutch and they deserve to go through on that performance.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Ireland deserve to go out after that bowling display, well played the Saffer/Kiwi/Aussie/onceatesomeEdam XI.

Gutted but f*ck awful bowling!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Amazing amazing performance that by the Dutch! Loved every bit of this match. Quality hitting!

Lebanna

Club Captain
Ireland deserve to go out after that bowling display, well played the Saffer/Kiwi/Aussie/onceatesomeEdam XI.

Gutted but f*ck awful bowling!

It wasn't awful. It was just some stunning hitting.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Perhaps they should do 4 groups of 4 - since that would suit the public's demand for "big" games and the associates demands for meaningful games against the full members...

Yea, but after the Netherlands performance just now, Im having slight 2nd thoughts about the merits of these qualifiers.

Hope the AUS selectors have been monitoring Tom Cooper, batted well for South Australia in shield cricket this season, now he has further chance to impress versus the big boys.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Now they should get a couple more players injured to make space for Ten Doeschate and Dirk Nannes to return in orange colors. :p

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea, but after the Netherlands performance just now, Im having slight 2nd thoughts about the merits of these qualifiers.

Hope the AUS selectors have been monitoring Tom Cooper, batted well for South Australia in shield cricket this season, now he has further chance to impress versus the big boys.

What, so after a team breaks T20 batting records fighting to qualify and the day after Hong Kong beats Bangladesh; you're questioning the "merits" of the qualifiers? What a load of rubbish! No other international tournament for any sport makes teams that have qualified go through a second qualifying stage at the World Cup while other teams who didn't need to go straight into the second round! Ireland has beaten Pakistan once, and almost did it twice last year; and they've beaten England twice. I think they've shown that they can play with the full members when given the chance to!

The whole point of most world cups is revenue sharing; giving money from the teams at the top to those at the bottom. Its the way that it works in Rugby; while in cricket the big teams would be perfectly OK with an 8 team world cup without Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or any of the associates.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
What a game.Really,Fantastic display of aggression from the Dutch and what a victory and winning an International game on such a great way should be the next world wonder,the 8th one:D

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
From Yesterday T20 World Cup created Interest in me... I love this kind of upsets... but only i hate, when India involve in it...:p

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
No doubt about stunning hitting. But it was indeed helped by awful bowling.

It is not possible to hit the way they did against top quality bowling take it that way. That said, no matter how rubbish the bowling is and I do not consider what was on display as the worst bowling ever by a team, it takes a lot of skill to hit them out so the Dutch definitely deserve the credit. On the other hand, the Irish can forget it as just one of those bad days at the office and start afresh. They are certainly a good team.

Users who are viewing this thread