AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My take on the film and mainly the ending:

***MASSIVE SPOILERS****

HI! HI! HI!

1. Why do we never see how the characters get to different places? Cobb says in the training that in a dream, you never know how you got there. Cobb gets to Paris etc without showing the travel.

2. When Cobb wakes up as well as the others on the plane, where is the machine? They also wake up at the same time as Fischer. Surely they need to wake up before Fischer and get rid of the stuff?

3. The kids have not aged. It's pretty clear that Cobb has been gone away for ages but the kids are exactly the same as they were in Cobb's dreams the whole time.

4. By not showing if the spinner stops, Nolan plants a seed of doubt in the viewer's mind. He creates his own inception on the viewers.

Awesome film.
HI! HI! HI!

1. Wasn't necessary to show that. Movie was already very long. Though it didn't feel that long until i saw my watch after movie finished :p

2. He was lost with his wife's projection in the limbo. So the sedative or no sedative would have no effect on him. It was upto him to come out of limbo thus they would have removed it.

3. If you believe my interpretation of ending then kid not aging justifies.

4. Again see my earlier post in the thread

Once again. AwwweeeeeSoooommeeeeee :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Maybe he saw them because his wife's subconscious mixed with his and it showed its projection of kids to him.

A lot of blurry stuff there. As I said, I probably understood only 75% of it. I got to watch it again to better understand. Have been reading lots of opinions on the net by people who have watched it and so got a better gist of it. Its a film that has made people go wildly discussing it.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Meh, Stop it with the spoiler tags, I feel left out. :p

Watch the trailer Mark, it will give you a fair idea. But I sincerely hope its not that complicated as you guys say.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Get a good night sleep and then go. Movie needs you to put some brain to work too else everything would go over your head.:D

AngryPixel added 4 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

The reviewer who gave it bad ratings are those who were too spoiled due to b-grade out and out action movies. When a movie comes and they had to use their mind, they are like:eek::brickwall

AngryPixel added 10 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Care to know more??? Click on the spolier tags then :p :D

I dare you :p

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Two conclusions that I arrived from the movie are either the whole movie takes place in Cobb's dream state or he went in to limbo just before the plane scene at the end. No way the scenes after the plane scene were real. I consider the first case because there are so many clues pointing to it.When his wife jumps from the building, she actually escaped the dream and Cobb continued his dream thinking the dream is reality.So the whole movie may be his dream in the first place.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh god, now you guys with your theories confuse me a lot! Anyways, watching the film again tomorrow. Hope to clear more stuff after the 2nd viewing tomorrow. Never been so excited for the 2nd viewing of a film. NOLAN IS REALLY A GENIUS!!! The excitement is as good as the first viewing.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Just came back from the movie... man I've been blown away completely. Never been so confused after a movie and yet never enjoyed the confusion and the discussion so much. I'd take part about the discussion about the ending here but I need to gather my thoughts together. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Just came back from the movie... man I've been blown away completely. Never been so confused after a movie and yet never enjoyed the confusion and the discussion so much. I'd take part about the discussion about the ending here but I need to gather my thoughts together. :p

Same feelings that I had!:yes Even though I put in all the effort to focus very hard, I lost it somewhere or the other and ended up confused. But still I enjoyed whatever I understood and the discussion that followed.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I've talked to a few people, read a few people's written versions, and I think I understand the movie 97% now, so I'm willing to take a few questions to test if my theory is right.

King Cricket

International Coach
Inception is the most talked about film in my school ATM, and everyone seems to be raining praises on it on PC forums too. :p I'll see the film this weekend. Would have gone yesterday, but all the tickets are sold out. :( Apparently, the Bollywood releases of last week have all been buried under the avalanche of Inception, and each show are fetching a full house every day. Wow!

EDIT: Just found out that 'Inception' has grossed Rs 75 million in India alone in its initial weekend. Unbelievable!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Inception could become a bigger blockbuster than '2012' in India (I think 2012 was the last big Hollywood hit in India). This in spite of the film not exactly catering to the level of thinking that the Indian audience would like to entertain.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I watched it, 2 days ago. This was soo hard to follow!! Is he dreaming now, or is he dreaming about dreaming? Or is this actually happening! WTF!

But I liked all the blow up parts!

Users who are viewing this thread