Inception

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^ 'Avatar' was bigger than '2012' if I'm not wrong. It will be re-released here this August.

Oh yeah yeah... I think Avatar beat 2012. My bad! Inception could still beat it considering the hype it has. It definitely will have repeat viewings due to its complex story narration (people are already priding in wanting to watch the film 2-3 times to understand it)

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Chris Nolan films are usually pretty deep, delving deep into the mind and things like that. I'm probably going to see this sometime in the weekend, and from what I've heard it's one you're going to have to watch a few times to fully grasp the meaning of it.

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Going to go see it in an hour, meeting friends in 10 minutes (supposedly) but I think it's going to take much longer for me to drive to Silvia Park in the rain on a Friday afternoon at rush hour... :sarcasm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched it 2nd time this week. Better understood it though questions still remain. Noticed that I missed quite a few things while watching it first time. WHAT A MOVIE!!! Ultimate. The matinee crowd for the movie on the day I watched was quite big, and there were claps and standing ovations from certain groups at the end of the movie.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Going to go see it in an hour, meeting friends in 10 minutes (supposedly) but I think it's going to take much longer for me to drive to Silvia Park in the rain on a Friday afternoon at rush hour... :sarcasm

But it's not raining. :p I was going to go see it tonight but decided to go play Guitar Hero at a mates place. Lemme know how the movie is.

Params7

International Cricketer
As expected, 10/10 film. Must watch.

The only thing that bothers me in the end are the kids. They are wearing the exact same clothes from his memory. If Cobb is dreaming, and he's in his own subconscious, the totem falling doesn't mean anything. But other than that I don't think the ending takes place in dreamland. Gonna wait for its dvd/bluray to see this gem a few more times to figure this out.

Oh and how ****ing awesome was the gravity shift hotel fight scene with JGL? I could feel the people around me quitely going "Woah" during that scene. And even every scene afterwards in the hotel was awesome. JGL was stealing all the attention away from the 3rd layer of dream.

Oh and love Hans Zimmer score in this one. Has to be in one of his top works.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors

Nice spelling :p .

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Jaw dropping movie, should clean up in the Oscar stakes. Everything was done brilliantly, it made you think but not to the extent where you get completely lost. A number of the theories about the ending all make sense to me, that really shows you how well done that was.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I saw it last night, how damn good is it! Wasn't that hard to follow, although complete quality.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I saw it last night, how damn good is it! Wasn't that hard to follow, although complete quality.

Hard to follow when you're in the theater but once you're out and you have some time to think about it, it makes sense (the four different levels that is- first, second, third and limbo).

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
This is quite simply the best movie to come out in a while. I reckon it trounces even the brilliant Dark Knight and quite simply makes the awful Avatar seem like a joke.

Well done, Chris Nolan, this is quite simply a masterpiece.

I will be disappointed if it does not gross higher than Avatar and win pretty much every Oscar.

I personally didn't find it too hard to understand, although there was the odd question mark.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Will say I didn't get who was dreaming what stage, actually thought that was all the son until I read more about it online.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think it's difficult to get what's generally going on, but all throughout there are question marks that you fill in with your own ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread