Included Stadiums?

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Codemasters have said there will be 20 stadiums in the game? What do people think the most likely ones will be?

I would go for:

Australia:

Melbourne Cricket Ground
Sydney Cricket Ground
Adelaide Oval
W.A.C.A.

England:

Lord's
Edgbaston
The Oval
The Rose Bowl

India:

Eden Gardens
New Delhi
Bombay/Mumbai

Pakistan:

Karachi
Rawalpindi

SA:

Newlands (Capetown)
Wanderers (Johannesburg)

WI:

Antigua Recreation Ground
Sabina Park (Jamaica)

SL:

Columbo

NZ:

Westpac Stadium (Wellington)

Zimbabwe:

Harare

But then there is no space for a stadium for Bangladesh and many other famous and historic grounds throughout the world.

That list was really hard to choose as well, Codemasters are going to have a tough job in chooseing a good selection of 20 stadiums! Heres the list of Cricket 2004 Stadiums - http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1#7

Ste

Ste

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Unless someone can find where Rubbergenius has confirmed how many stadiums are in the game, because the only bit I can find where he has mentioned stadiums, is him 'guessing' at around 20, i'm sticking with my list:

For each country they should put in enough stadiums for the maximum number of tests that country plays in a series at home (in the last couple of years say), so say:

Australia has 5, England 5, South Africa 5, India 4? Pakistan 4? Sri Lanka 3, West Indies 4, New Zealand 3?, Zimbabwe 2 and Bangladesh 2.

So that would be 37, which is still less than in BLC '99, which had 46.

Opinions anyone?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
it makes no sense to have new delhi in there.
maybe they can put in the 'new' new delhi which is coming up within a few months.
and as per as you say ste,
bangladesh has no stadium.
i must say that the bangbandhu dhaka is seeing its last days

Ritwik

co-founder
I'd go with your list Ste but remove New Delhi and put in Mohali and Port of Spain, Trinidad for The Antigua Recreation ground.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
that sort of thing would be excellent
and codemasters is capable of doing so

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
vibs89 said:
20 stadiums is too less for BLIC 2005. :( :( :(

agreed that 20 is too less for BLIC when it's earlier version had about 46 well built ones.

but it may be like criccket 2002 with a lot of new features.
their next cricket game might even have a stadium editor.
i think cricket 2006 might have one :upray

vibs89

School Cricketer
Yeah i hope crickett 2006 have a feature create a stadium then it would be awesoem and then to set how many crowd and capacity can come by creating our own stadium

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
we might coz the last time cricket 2004 was being developed ,we actually had some one from ea on the forum,s.the idea of this ed was fed in

abhay1111

School Cricketer
SCREENSHOTS

SCREENSHOTS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO ALL THE ENTHUSIASTIC HARDCORE CRICKET GAMERS LIKE ME :crying
I THINK THAT CODEMASTERS IS NOT DOING ENOUGH PUBLICITY FOR THE GAME BY JUST MERE WORDS.
IF THE GAME IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES,THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST RELEASED IN GAME SCREENSHOTS,WHICH WOULD PROVE THAT CODEMASTERS CARES FOR ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE ELECTRONIC ARTS DOES (EA HAS DONE A SUPERB JOB BY UPDATING GAMES EVERY YEAR AND IMPROVING EVERY BIT OF IT.EA ALSO RELEASES IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS WITH THE LAUNCHING NEWS OF ITS GAMES ON THEIR WEBSITE) ;)
CODEMASTERS IS RELEASING ITS UPDATED GAME(i dont know when? :noway ) AFTER 4 OR 5 YEARS.

IT SHOULD THINK OF RELEASINF ITS SCREENIES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,JUST BUILDIND WORDS AND PAGES APPRECIATING THE GAME WON'T DO :help

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
abhay1111 said:
IF THE GAME IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES,THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST RELEASED IN GAME SCREENSHOTS,WHICH WOULD PROVE THAT CODEMASTERS CARES FOR ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE ELECTRONIC ARTS DOES (EA HAS DONE A SUPERB JOB BY UPDATING GAMES EVERY YEAR AND IMPROVING EVERY BIT OF IT.EA ALSO RELEASES IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS WITH THE LAUNCHING NEWS OF ITS GAMES ON THEIR WEBSITE) ;)

Woah! May I stop you there! Did you just say EA Sports cares for its customers? Have you played Cricket 2004?! Cricket 2004 had hardly any publicity from EA Sports, are you sure this means they care for their customers? I think not.

BLIC still has roughly another 6 months until its release, thats still quite a way off and had you read what Rubbergenius has said about the press release, which I posted here so everyone could read it, you would realise that more information and screenshots are on the way (and if you can't be bothered to read it, the press release is scheduled for 3rd Feb).

Stop whinging and start looking forward to what is potentially the best cricket game ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread