India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

What an innings by Gauti! Will guys still say "Gauti's not the best batsman in the world right now"? He is scoring a fifty in almost every match. This is just amazing. Check his stats and compare them with other top players- HE IS MILES AHEAD.

It's not a stroke of luck a young captain with his shocking tatices wins the match and series so clean 4 - 0. I really hope the England played the last two as it would have been 7-0 :D

Well done Dhoni, your superb ideas and lifting yourselves at no.3 worked well and that was a quick practice for the T20 game ;)

G Gambhir :hpraise what a player :hpraise it was a really good team effort

is it the same SL team who won 3-2 recently ?

We have got really good players who are more evenly filled the boots of Ganguly in ODI say GG or Yuvi :)

I dont know why you guys keep mentioning Ganguly. He was so selfish after coming back from being dropped that he annoyed. Also he was not same force what he was in early 250 games of his career. Any batsman in India is capable of playing like him. He was useless test player as well.

Agree with Sid. Whilst the other batsmen used keep the run rate high in ODI matches, He then at the other end kept blocking and just made us end up at square 1 again. Brilliant Test player but I have to admit he was a crap ODI player after he came back.

Great knock by Gauti today, He really has established himself as World Class batsmen. Also I think Dhoni should bat 3 more often.

Very well done India!!! I am just so excitedly waiting for us to play New Zealand in New Zealand. Thats the real test. But I am sure we will be ready for it. Dhoni's dream run continues. Fortune favors the brave and Dhoni is brave (thinks out of the box most of the time).

Gambhir is India's best batsman right now. He has cemented his place in the team like a man possessed. WHAT A PLAYER!!! Hope he can continue this form into New Zealand and in subsequent series. We have a very strong batting order right now. Sachin is not needed at all which is an amazing sign. We should play the likes of Ravi Jadeja and Balaji next game. Great time to be an Indian team fan.

Just missed 2 games against England or it would have been 12-0. :p

Agree with Sid. Whilst the other batsmen used keep the run rate high in ODI matches, He then at the other end kept blocking and just made us end up at square 1 again. Brilliant Test player but I have to admit he was a crap ODI player after he came back.

Great knock by Gauti today, He really has established himself as World Class batsmen. Also I think Dhoni should bat 3 more often.

Dhoni at No.3? NO!!!! He is a very good finisher and a cool head in tense situations. We should always have him at No.5 (or below if needed)

During chases, yes, but I'm all for him coming and giving him the chance to get big runs like he did today.

Yeah, while chasing keep him lower down the order but when batting first, make the most of his batting prowess by making him bat at 3.

dhoni came up the order because-
* sehwag got out early and he didn't wanted yuvraj to face the new ball, he prefers yuvraj to land up after 20th over- to score quickly
* he wanted to test himself at no. 3 again after a while - as india had already won the series.

And Dhoni himself said this that he was Out on 96 because next over was 34th over and they were take powerplay on that over that's why dhoni himself starts to hit that ball so he can reach 100 and can score runs in powerplays. It shows how good he is in captaincy he can also ask Gauti to take off but he himself take the risk for his team.

lets hope the winning streak continues,hoping to see balaji and jadeja in action in the final match.

Users who are viewing this thread