India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

We really don't need Balaji. We have Zaheer, Ishant, Harbhajan, Mishra, Ojha, Patel and Sreesanth in the reckoning.

Patel is injured, and everyone likes having three seamers in an ODI.

We need to be careful with Ishant and Zaheer, if they get injured before the NZ series it could seriously hinder our chances and ruin careers.

Very well done India!!! I am just so excitedly waiting for us to play New Zealand in New Zealand. Thats the real test. But I am sure we will be ready for it. Dhoni's dream run continues. Fortune favors the brave and Dhoni is brave (thinks out of the box most of the time).

Gambhir is India's best batsman right now. He has cemented his place in the team like a man possessed. WHAT A PLAYER!!! Hope he can continue this form into New Zealand and in subsequent series. We have a very strong batting order right now. Sachin is not needed at all which is an amazing sign. We should play the likes of Ravi Jadeja and Balaji next game. Great time to be an Indian team fan.

Can't help but agree to that. Dhoni has in plenty what is usually a rarity. He has a good deal of common sense!

And Sreesanth, you can retire now. Maybe host Boogie-Woogie.:p

Team for tomorrow:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Gautam Gambhir
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Suresh Raina
6) Ravindra Jadeja
7) MS Dhoni C+
8) Irfan Pathan (OB2)
9) Praveen Kumar (OB1)
10) Pragyan Ojha
11) Lakshimpathy Balaji

We have to go for 5-0!

Lol. Just watching a few past vidoes of Balaji batting, and his batting stance is hilarious to say the least...

Last edited:
On that topic, where has Mishra been in ODIs?

Jesus. Really, in all that sense, I actually thought about him before the selection for the ODIs and surely thought he'll be a spin base for india and now, i even forgot....that he isn't in the Squad.... Although, Most part was concentrated on Harbhajan being left out and the quick series between India and Sri Lanka. If it's the correct way to say, "BCCI are resting him".

Hmm. Well Harbhajan will retain the spinners spot when he returns and also Sehwag is more than useful with the ball as he has shown in this series. Mishra last played an ODI in 2003 so therefore the selectors probab;y thought it would be a bit harsh to pick Mishra over the likes of Ojha and Jadeja...

Team for tomorrow:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Gautam Gambhir
4) Yuvraj Singh
5) Suresh Raina
6) Ravindra Jadeja
7) MS Dhoni C+
8) Irfan Pathan (OB2)
9) Praveen Kumar (OB1)
10) Pragyan Ojha
11) Lakshimpathy Balaji

We have to go for 5-0!

Sanjay bhai, you steal my choice for tomorrows squad :cool:

I want Sachin and balaji playing tomorrow please and sachin to hit a century and point bat towards the stupid SL umpires :cheers

If Balaji plays tomorrow he will be loosing his spot in IPL side as well.

I think he's trying to say that Balaji is going to bowl crap.

What's with the balaji hate? I think he's a decent bowler but i think he might struggle in the shorter forms of the game. Awesome back up if zaheer and ishant get injured (and Munaf).

I want to see Balaji and Pathan bowl together. Memories of Pakistan'04 will flood in. At that time, they were expected to be the 'next pair' in Indian fast bowling. Both faded away, and are trying to stage comebacks. I have lost hope in Irfan making that substantial comeback. But I have not lost hope in Balaji. He got out becoz of a major injury (which is unfortunate).

Hope he can comeback big. Regarding his bowling in shorter formats, I think the shorter format has got more tougher after he left international cricket for a prolonged break. T20 came after his exit and it has made bowling very tough in the shorter formats. He has to get used to it, and he has now played lot of games after his comeback.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

If Balaji plays tomorrow he will be loosing his spot in IPL side as well.

Not necessarily. He will have as much chance as he has right now.

Users who are viewing this thread