India in the West Indies

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
like i said earlier, this is a different WI team. The one that played SA or England or even Aus was differnet, they were like puppets, falling like nine pins.

Here, they've re-discovered their fighting spirit, the talent and with the batsmen in good form, they've had everything to play for. So the Indian win makes it even more satisfying.

It could have been 2-1 or even 3-1, if the weather did not intervene. But now, thats besides the point.

Sureshot

Executive member
It's an improved WIndies team, but I'd still say they are along way behind the other teams (Aus, Eng, NZ, Ind, Pak, RSA, SL)

It's a good result for India, but WIndies do lack consistency.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
a good win and I would like to think that it is a sign of bigger things to come .
it caps of a great season, especially in the ODIs except for the defeat here .
we`ve beaten PAK,ENG,SRL and drawn with SA.

tests haven`t been that great.
losing to PAK (it came down to a one test series in the end) , drawn series vs England at home and a win here.

The series could have easily ben 3-0 or 3-1 in India`s favour but for some bad weather and some luck.

Remember, Pakistan were unable to beat the same West Indian side last year and only drew 1-1.
West Indies have showed some real improvement and the will to fight which was lacking in the recent past.
they`ll be a force in the coming months.

Sureshot

Executive member
Not just bad weather and luck, the West Indies did alot of fighting in a couple of the tests on the last days.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
ali_ed2001 said:
Congrats to indian team and fans..they deserved to win this series, if it wasnt for rain and some dodgy umpring, they would have won this 2-0 if not 3-0 in my opinion..
Thanks for the compliments Ali!

ali_ed2001 said:
and I dont know how Harbhajan can take 5 wkts in first innings and then get nothing in 2nd ?
That's just how he his. Is brilliant only in patches.

rocklara said:
To all my Indian mates out there on this forum, I congrat you guys and your team on a fantastic win. Its truly a remarkable historic feat, and through the test series your team played the better cricket. Kudos all the way guys, and thanks to your team for deligthing me on my home ground in beasejour with a flamboyant batting performance, will never forget the Monk's 180 nor Dravid's captain's knock too! It was a pleasure to see the Indian team in person, and on the field they were even more delightful. Way to go...

Thanks Mate! Windies lower order showed heart and guts. Every test was worth watching. Tremendous entertainment.

m_vaughan said:
India are more than capable. I think by winning this series, any mental blocks that might have been present should be cleared.
India still has lot of things to work on before the SA and England tours.
Especially against SA who have their act together and their captains always get the kind of wickets they want against touring sides.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
s2sschan said:
India still has lot of things to work on before the SA and England tours.
Especially against SA who have their act together and their captains always get the kind of wickets they want against touring sides.
I just said they are capable. Whether the actually do it or not is to be seen.

And SA are strong at home but have lost to England and Australia.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
m_vaughan said:
And SA are strong at home but have lost to England and Australia.
I expect India to struggle on RSA pitches just as I expect Pakistan to struggle on English pitches. These conditions are very much different than the ones the subcontinent teams play on and tend to expose some of their main weaknesses.

Sureshot

Executive member
Expect bouncy pitches this test series.

Been a bit of wet weather around which will juice up the pitches.

What are the Venues?

I'm guessing.

Lord's
Old Trafford
Headingley
the Oval

?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:
Expect bouncy pitches this test series.

Been a bit of wet weather around which will juice up the pitches.

What are the Venues?

I'm guessing.

Lord's
Old Trafford
Headingley
the Oval

?

Lords will be a big test for Pakistan, as it is just completley different from the pitches they will be accustomed to. I just hope our groundsmen make the pitches suitable for our style of play. Not like the idots at Trent Bridge who prepared a friggin' dustbowl for one of the best spinners in the world!

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
evertonfan said:
I just hope our groundsmen make the pitches suitable for our style of play. Not like the idots at Trent Bridge who prepared a friggin' dustbowl for one of the best spinners in the world!

I just don't understand the behavior of some of these groundsmen. Aren't they suppossed to support the home team?

Home teams Should get the pitch of their choice. It makes tours more challenging and provides a variety.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
England has for years stopped producing test wickets that favour the seamers. Often they have some decent carry and good bounce, but they are generally good batting tracks, but do have something in it for the bowler with the bounce. It is more the overcast conditions that often roll in combined with the dukes ball that seem to give the impression that they are bowlers wickets.

As regards to Lords being a big test for Pakistan. More often than not the Away side raises their game for the Lords test. It is afterall one of the most famous test venues in the World. Also with it normally being the 1st test of a series, things then only get easier for the batsman.

viral1991

International Cricketer
Thread name : India in the West Indies
Topic discussed : Pakistan in England/Scotland

I think everyone gets the idea now! ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
viral1991 said:
Thread name : India in the West Indies
Topic discussed : Pakistan in England/Scotland

I think everyone gets the idea now! ;)

Agreed, but the series is finished; this topic needs another talking point, like how the Windies have lost another home series or something.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Oops apologies, having read the previous posts, I for some reason thought I was in the Pakistan tour of England thread and responded accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread