Jun 22-26:
3rd Test in St Kitts

Jun 30 - Jul 04:
4th Test in Jamaica

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So India after a long time, tour the West Indies. This time under a new captain and coach. Their last tour was a good one for them. They were captained by Saurav Ganguly and coached by John Wright. They won the first test outside the sub continent after a long time at the Port of Spain. They lost the test series but won the ODI series under Ganguly.

This time, they are coached by Greg Chappell and captained by Rahul Dravid. They are on a roll in the ODI's at the moment but their test form is shaky at the moment. And also since the 2007 World Cup is going to be held in the Windies and its India's focus at the moment, all eyes will be on how they fare in the conditions of the Caribbean.

West Indies might be in a major problem with they not performing well in either form of cricket, but any tour to the Windies poses a big challenge to India. They have not won in the Windies for a very long time, and would like to start a new success story outside the sub continent under the new captain, Rahul Dravid

Sorry, after I created the new "India in West Indies" thread, I noticed that Sachin_007 had started one long back and it was closed. Well, I have merged the two threads now!

Last edited:

Bala

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
And they are announcing the squads today! Would be interesting to see if Ganguly's name is discussed.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
its going to be a test for youngsters, especially in ODIs. Indian ODI team is full of youngsters, none much experienced (apart from Tendulkar, Dravid and Sehwag). I wonder what the test squad will be, will they persist with experiments or bring back Laxman into the team.

I think they'll get Laxman back, and it'll be a regular 6 batsmen, 4 bowlers, and a WK.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
well, don't write anyone off...it has happened in the past, and it might happen in the future.

MohdIrshaad

Club Cricketer
cricket_lover said:
well, don't write anyone off...it has happened in the past, and it might happen in the future.

For that to happen, Indian youngsters in Rao,Kaif,Raina, Yuvi, Uthapa....needs to struggle.Unfortunately for Ganguly almost all of them are doing great.

jdbais

International Cricketer
It should be a good contest. The windies are a lot stronger at home and they'll be confiident after spanking Zimbabwe 7-0 (weather permitting).

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
MohdIrshaad said:
For that to happen, Indian youngsters in Rao,Kaif,Raina, Yuvi, Uthapa....needs to struggle.Unfortunately for Ganguly almost all of them are doing great.
Ganguly hasn't done that bad in the recent past, but the main barrier...is the political cloud surrounding him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's included, but like you said, its going to be a tough call.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Tendulkar might not be there in the ODI's considering his fitness and i think that Kaif will be given one more chance.

gary0808

Club Cricketer
Well this will be interesting. More focus will be on the ODI's because of the world cup being in the carribean.

Tests West Indies 1-2 India
ODIS West Indies 1-4 India

India will return all smiles in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread