Story India & Pakistan take on Australia Down Under!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Fact of the Day - Day 4

Down to the Fact of Day 4

Starting with this series, I am going to update the statistics of my players after each match played. This is an inspiration from M_Vaughan's new idea implemented in his story thread and he has given me the permission to use it for mine too. The cut off date for all the statistics would be June 5th 2005 and all international matches played after June 5th 2005 will not be included in the statistics of my players. Instead, the statistics of the players will be updated according to the scores recorded in my story threads. For example, Saurav Ganguly scores a double hundred in the first test against Australia (just for example!), then his double hundred will be entered into his Highest Score and the runs that he scores will be calculated with his total runs. Same goes with the wickets that he takes. This will be done only for the Indian players as doing it for all the international team players would take up a hell lot of time! So the statistics of the other players will remain as it is!

For each series though, the series statistics will be recorded and a website with the series statistics will be created for the members here to follow the statistics of each player after each match!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Series Contest & Other announcements

Ok, time to get down on some serious contests and other important announcements! First with the contests:

Contest #1 - Team Selector

This contest would promise to be an exciting one! With this mega series, each player would be assigned points. The points are assigned on the following counts

1 point for every run scored
2 point for every wicket taken
2 bonus points for a five wicket haul
4 bonus points for a ten wicket haul
2 bonus points for a century
3 points for every catch, stumping and run out
-5 points for every wicket lost
-5 points for every catch dropped, every stumping missed and every run out missed

During the match, members here in this forum can predict the top three players who will get the maximum points in this match. The contest will end at the end of the third day of each test. After the test gets over, the points will be calculated and the participant who gets more than 1 answer right gets reputation. And the participant who gets the maximum answers right gets to chose the final XI of their favorite teams in the next match to be played!

More contests will be announced as the series goes on and as the days pass by!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

dd_sports.jpg

Starting tomorrow, our DD sports channel will start broadcasting Exclusive Sports News which will include sports news relating to this series and news from other cricketing events across the world & on Planetcricket (sponsor matches to get scores of your story threads along with some screenshots included in this xclusive broadcast! The news will be presented by a popular film celebrity who has a longing association with cricket and who became a household name in India after the 2003 World Cup for her presenting the 2003 World Cup in her glamorous ways - Mandira Bedi! She has been signed by DD Sports Channel to present their sports section news!

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
saisrini80 said:
Ok, lets get down to the second Fact series. This time, its an interesting fact

Fact of the Day - Day 2

This series will have interesting sponsorship (i.e.) Planetcricket's Story thread writers can sponsor the matches of this whole series'es. And sponsoring these matches doesnt need one to spend money, etc like in real life. If a story thread writer is interested in sponsoring a match, all he needs to do is to just volunteer to sponsor a particular match and design pitch ads relating to their specific story threads (can ask for patch makers in this forum to design them pitch ads, stumps, ad boards, etc). And these pitch ads, stumps ad boards, etc would be featured in the particular matches that they decide to sponsor. Also during the series, there were will be Live TV Channel News Presentation going on after each day/each game and the scores of the sponsored story threads would also be presented in these news presentations (slight inspiration from m_vaughan's Sky Sports News presentation). In return, I do not ask them to do this forcefully but they can help me by promoting my story in their threads in some way or the other. I dont ask them to do this in order for them to be sponsors. But it would be nice if they do it.

More details on sponsorship will be given in the upcoming facts. If anyone has any doubts, they can well clear it and ask me.

I would like to sponsor the first ODI between Pakistan and England.

The Champ

International Coach
Great idea Sai, gr8 work, loving it buddy, but sorry friends i am really busy these days ya, do forgive for that, my exams r going on and then i have 1 month training in a tower construction so do plz forgive me for my absence, once again gr8 work Sai, great read this story

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The Champ said:
Great idea Sai, gr8 work, loving it buddy, but sorry friends i am really busy these days ya, do forgive for that, my exams r going on and then i have 1 month training in a tower construction so do plz forgive me for my absence, once again gr8 work Sai, great read this story

thats fine Sriram. take care of ur exams.. post whenever possible only

nightprowler10 said:
I would like to sponsor the first ODI between Pakistan and England.

Thanks nightprowler.. But I have just the first two tests between India and Australia open with aditya signing up for the first test. Once the Pakistan-England ODI match sponsorship gets opened, you can volunteer to sponsor it.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
indiancricketer said:
whens the next Match sorry im not awear of it

the first test series is the India-Australia test series which starts once my India-New Zealand test in the other thread gets completed!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
DD Sports News coverage!

DD Sports News

Mandira Bedi: Welcome to the DD Sports News channel.Bringing to you live Sports News from across the world. Lets start with cricket. The BCCI has announced that it will select the Indian squad of 15 for the 3 test series against Australia once the India-New Zealand series gets over. The Australian squad has been announced for the series against India. The squad is as follows

*Ricky Ponting
+Adam Gilchrist
Michael Clarke
Jason Gillespie
Brad Haddin
Matthew Hayden
Brad Hodge
Justin Langer
Michael Kasprowicz
Simon Katich
Brett Lee
Stuart MacGill
Damien Martyn
Glenn McGrath
Shaun Tait
Shane Warne

Australian captain Ricky Ponting sounded optimistic of his side being unbeaten throughout the whole mega series without losing a match to either of India, Pakistan or England.

India and Australia clash in the final of the Natwest Pentangular tournament that is right now going on in England. India and Australia have so far played brilliant cricket in the tournament and face off in a fitting finale of this great series. For more info, visit The Natwest Pentangular 2005 - by Aditya

Mandira Bedi: The Pakistani captain Inzamam Ul Haq sounded confident when asked about the impending mega series in Australia also involving India. Inzamam said "This is a very big series between the top three teams in the world. I am sure this series is going to be talked about highly in cricketing quarters. We are really determined to make a mark in this series.

Right now, New Zealand have won the toss against India at Christchurch and have elected to bat first in the 2nd test of the two test series.

West Indies beat Pakistan by 276 runs in the first test of the two match test series. Chris Gayle was the hero for the Windies, picking 5 wickets for 91 runs as his side finished 276 runs ahead of Pakistan!

Mandira Bedi: Moving to hockey, Malaysia beat India 4-1 in the preliminary round match in the Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament. Though India held the upper hand in the first half, they could not go into the break with the lead. Now, India play Korea o Tuesday

Mandira Bedi: Coming to tennis, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi enter the second round of the French Open Mixed doubles with their respective partners Martina Navratilova and Lisa Raymond. Paes-Martina beat the French pair of Nicolas Devilder and Marc Gicquel 6-1, 6-3 to make the grade whearas Bhupathi-Lisa beat Jonathan Erlich of Israel and Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain 6-3, 6-4 in Paris on Saturday.

Mandira Bedi: With that, we end the coverage of the DD Sports News today. Stay tuned to our news channel for up to date sporting events, news, scores, etc. Bye bye!

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
saisrini80 said:
Thanks nightprowler.. But I have just the first two tests between India and Australia open with aditya signing up for the first test. Once the Pakistan-England ODI match sponsorship gets opened, you can volunteer to sponsor it.
I wanted to sponsor the ODI since it was more appropriate seeing as how England is touring Pakistan in my thread. But if you don't have that open yet, I'll sponsor the second test between India and Australia.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thank You saisrini for some publicity of the Natwest Pentangular 2005. I have been very disappointed by the response to the thread in the past few days . There have not been many posts in my thread which surprises me because the series is into its most interesting phase - the finals .

THE INDIA V AUSTRALIA FINALS( NATWEST PENTANGULAR) SHOULD SET THE TONE FOR THE SERIES TO FOLLOW DOWN UNDER (SAISRINI`s THREAD)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
nightprowler10 said:
I wanted to sponsor the ODI since it was more appropriate seeing as how England is touring Pakistan in my thread. But if you don't have that open yet, I'll sponsor the second test between India and Australia.

oh good.. yes that a better decision since the ODI series would take a long time to start. its after the india-australia and pakistan-australia test matches! i will reserve the second test for you!

aditya123 said:
Thank You saisrini for some publicity of the Natwest Pentangular 2005. I have been very disappointed by the response to the thread in the past few days . There have not been many posts in my thread which surprises me because the series is into its most interesting phase - the finals .

THE INDIA V AUSTRALIA FINALS( NATWEST PENTANGULAR) SHOULD SET THE TONE FOR THE SERIES TO FOLLOW DOWN UNDER (SAISRINI`s THREAD)

I too hope so! But the thing is, off late the stories section has had less of response writers and more of readers. Thats what I got from my threads. The views keep increasing but the responses dont come much. So, I've stopped worrying

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Fact of the Day - May 31, 2005

The Champ said:
sai thats another way of attracting many to ur stories ah, mandirra bedi good choice budy

ha ha.. yes, i chose her becoz of that.. as the news and series go on, will post some pics for the real attraction of mandira bedi.

Fact of the Day - May 31st 2005

This is not much of a fact but something on sponsorship of matches.

The first two tests between India-Australia have been sold out to th sponsors. Since the sponsorship is getting a positive response, the ACB has decided to open the sponsorship of the remaining of the test matches including the third test between India-Australia and all the three tests between Pakistan and Australia. Interested bidders (story thread writers!) can bid here for their matches. remember that test matches attract publicity for the full five days!

India - Australia

First Test - Aditya123
Second Test - Nightprowler10 (Pakistan's International Season)

Users who are viewing this thread