India Team Discussion

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-bob-willis/story-AZude1mnh2fiSfzjt6AcKK.html

Virat Kohli must ‘suffer’, shouldn’t be allowed in County cricket: Bob Willis

mmmm.... Thoughts?

From an English point of view, I agree. You want to have him unprepared so that he gets out early in the first couple of tests before he settles in. Once you're down in the series it is really hard to come back up.

Good decision by the board of India to get him accustomed to the British pitches. Gives him time to fail and adapt so that come the first game he will be ready to take on the bowlers.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
From an English point of view, I agree. You want to have him unprepared so that he gets out early in the first couple of tests before he settles in. Once you're down in the series it is really hard to come back up.

Good decision by the board of India to get him accustomed to the British pitches. Gives him time to fail and adapt so that come the first game he will be ready to take on the bowlers.
Agree with this. As an opposition player, you'd want Virat Kohli who's the best player in the team to keep failing which would greatly benefit your team.

But this is an excellent decision by Virat. He clearly wants to work on his weaknesses and furthermore improve himself as a player. He may be a mediocre captain based on decision- making, but you have to admire the determination he has to improve his game and putting his team first out there.

India have got Kohli, Pujara and Ishant playing county cricket, hopefully Vijay or someone like Rohit Sharma who's been struggling against quality fast bowling should play county cricket. It's reassuring to see the amount of preparation that's been put in place through these contract signings.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-bob-willis/story-AZude1mnh2fiSfzjt6AcKK.html

Virat Kohli must ‘suffer’, shouldn’t be allowed in County cricket: Bob Willis

mmmm.... Thoughts?

Cannot disagree with the thought, but odd choice of words. Should "suffer" and "shouldn't be allowed" sounds very insecure. And why single out Kohli? We have many other international players playing in county this season from what I have read - Markram, Latham, Zampa, Shaun Marsh, Amla and many more.

And its not like Kohli is the only one gaining from this partnership. The county club will sell a few more tickets and garner a few more eyeballs by getting popular players like Kohli.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't think he said anything wrong (as the home team, you would want to have the opposition under as much disadvantage as possible). But this shows that they (or Willis at least) is very wary of Kohli and think that England might find it hard to win if they cannot contain him. Willis indirectly ended up complementing Kohli in doing so.

blueblood

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sony Network wins ECB rights for Indian subcontinent - Times of India - http://toi.in/j0XoFb/a29mjmj

So India's almost every overseas tours outside the subcontinent will now be broadcasted on SPN.

I just hope they directly take up the broadcast of match coverage from SKY, Channel 9, etc as they always do, unlike Star who is always determined to get their whole bunch of commentary guys for us to hear (bear).

B

Bigby Wolf

I just hope they directly take up the broadcast of match coverage from SKY, Channel 9, etc as they always do, unlike Star who is always determined to get their whole bunch of commentary guys for us to hear (bear).
It depends on Sony's production budget to set up a complete different commentary team in UK ,Australia etc. like ESPNSTAR/STARSPORTS did for so long or they can do what they did in the South Africa series setting up a team in India at a local studio switching the commentary between theirs and the official one (Supersports).

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Just get us the SkySport coverage or the Channel 5 one.

That will be good enough.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Star Sports were really good till about 2012 when the ESPNStar collaboration broke away. In fact they were on par with other big broadcast teams in the early to late 2000s when they had a solid team of Ian Chappell, Boycott, Alan Wilkins, Harsha Bhogle, Gavaskar (when he was actually alright), Wasim Akram as the core team along with local commentators like Hussain, Warne, Moody, Slater, Bumble, Botham, Pollock and co while touring abroad. Its since they rebrqnded themselves that they have resorted to gimmickry with guys like Mayanti and Sapru taking over from the likes of Wilkins and Bhogle. In fact the SonyESPN brand is more like the ESPNSTAR of back then.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That is some serious good bowling from him. I am glad too that he is playing the format he really should concentrate on.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Fortunately for Ishant and for India, the IPL snub seems to be working really well. Hope Ishant can have a great county stint and ensure he is oven ready when India plays England in the test matches in August (which is less than 4 months away from now).

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Prodigous swing there on couple of ocassions.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think it is time for Rahul to open for India in limited overs cricket now.

KL Rahul
S Dhawan/R Sharma
V Kohli
A Rayudu
MS Dhoni
D Karthik
H Pandya
B Kumar
K Yadav
J Bumrah
Y Chahal

Looks a good side this for WC.

Moving discussion from IPL thread to this one!

You can't drop Rohit from the XI. I would play him No. 3 or 4 (Kohli and Rohit can float btw 3 and 4). You can't even think of dropping Dhawan, more so for an ICC tournament. He is a beast there, and more so in England conditions where he has scored runs in the last CT 2017.

Rahul
Dhawan
Kohli
Rohit
Rayudu
Dhoni
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Chahal

Backup: Karthik, Raina, Jadhav, Yadav, Shami

I can't see place for the likes of Manish Pandey. Ajinkya Rahane, etc. These guys are slow batters and do not deserve a place in the limited overs side. Rayudu has shown how fast he can bat, irrespective of the spot he plays. Dhoni was already irreplacable and he has made himself the lynch pin. Before this IPL, there was talk that Dhoni might need to bat No. 4 to give him more time. But this IPL, he has crushed all that talk and has shown that he can come out and start hitting from the word go. Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina are more than capable backups who might even be a shoe-in for the XI. I was lost between Jadhav and Samson but to me, Jadhav by virtue of his experience, outdoes Samson. Also Samson has more time on his hands than Jadhav.

Users who are viewing this thread