India Team Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Part 2. Some really good stuff here.

First video felt clickbait material to an extent but this one is pretty good.

I remember in 2014-15 the same argument being put forward for Mishra to play ahead of Ashwin and Jadeja for more wicket taking ability. In 2017 when the CT exposed this badly we turned to KulCha completely. Come the 2019 WC we still had Jadeja in at eight. The last two tournaments… we’ve gone full circle. Truly a shambles all around.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
First video felt clickbait material to an extent but this one is pretty good.

I remember in 2014-15 the same argument being put forward for Mishra to play ahead of Ashwin and Jadeja for more wicket taking ability. In 2017 when the CT exposed this badly we turned to KulCha completely. Come the 2019 WC we still had Jadeja in at eight. The last two tournaments… we’ve gone full circle. Truly a shambles all around.
Parts 3 and 4 have been good.

Bevab

Staff Member
Parts 3 and 4 have been good.

Finally got around to finishing the series and it was pretty good. The only places he missed the mark were ones that needed a more India-centric PoV and I can’t blame him for it when he would have no way of having that. Such instances include

• Why KLR gets a lot of hate and why he is deserving of some of the criticism he is facing now. Feels like he ignored his poor powerplay record and patchy recent downturn.

• Why many of the bowlers he rates aren’t particularly liked by the fans.. especially Chahal and Bhuvi. Bhuvi’s track record recently in death overs was just glossed over and Chahal’s atrocious record against quality international sides was also missed. He also failed to notice that Avesh got the most backing any pacer has received in recent times since the likes of Ishant without any reward.

• His struggle to understand why India’s mentality as a whole is conservative and rigid. He managed to understand that it is partly owing to the relentless fan pressure but it also is because the entire system is very bureaucratic and the society feeds off it too. In all walks of life creativity is suppressed heavily and it is quite difficult to survive off the trodden path.

• The lineups that he posted in the end do have some issues like Hooda in the middle order being a thing and Jadeja down at eight/nine when he’s turned into more of a batting all-rounder in the IPL that can’t necessarily slog from the get go often but overall it still is far better and interesting than any lineup I’ve seen put out by our side.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I am quite concerned about our bowling. Under Bharat Arun, we had a few in the pipeline. Right now, we don't even have a stable bowling attack, let alone a bench to try out.

Bevab

Staff Member
I am quite concerned about our bowling. Under Bharat Arun, we had a few in the pipeline. Right now, we don't even have a stable bowling attack, let alone a bench to try out.

The focus seems to have shifted towards backing 140+ kph pacers for white ball games. It was already in the pipeline earlier with how much backing Saini and Siraj got and now it is being taken to an increasingly higher requirement.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Leads to more wayward spells. We've seen what happened with Munaf earlier. A bit of consistency is what we require.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
B

Bigby Wolf

BCCI to ask few shortlisted players for 2023 WC to skip IPL. If this is true, a good first step.

@Bevab @SaiSrini @icyman @Bigby Wolf @NILAYSHAH60 thoughts?
Post automatically merged:

Pick a certain group of players say like 18-20 play them before final squad is selected regularly and define their roles in the squad.

Exactly what I said a few weeks back.

Bevab

Staff Member

BCCI to ask few shortlisted players for 2023 WC to skip IPL. If this is true, a good first step.

@Bevab @SaiSrini @icyman @Bigby Wolf @NILAYSHAH60 thoughts?
Post automatically merged:

Been wanting this for a while. I don’t see any reference to skipping on IPL entirely in any article though. The shortlist part is good as is the emphasis on playing domestic games to ensure guys like Tyagi stop skipping on Ranji games.

Blokes like Rohit who have been guilty of missing multiple international games due to injury and are unlikely to be in the long term plans for the T20I squad are the main ones that I would want to be missing out on parts if not the whole of IPL. Could also make an argument for a guy like Hardik who hasn’t been playing in ODIs for sometime and no longer plays tests.

If true I do think this is the BCCI’s way of getting back in a way against these IPL owners who have been involved in other T20 leagues despite the BCCI not wanting it. The cynic in me feels that this isn’t just about wanting to win the WC.

In other news it seems Chetan Sharma might be back. What a pile of tosh.

Users who are viewing this thread