India Team Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bringing back Zaheer means we are going backwards. I would rather bring in Varun Aaron.

If Zaheer is fit and in rhythm, he can add considerable teeth to the bowling attack. Ishant is anyways almost as mediocre as Zaheer on the field (if fielding is compared).

Its a pity that we dont have enough backups to account for injuries. And the backups we have are Mohit and Dhawal Kulkarni which does not show us in good light. And I am not putting money on Aaron for ODI's. World Cup is not a place to blood him.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zaheer is 36 years old. Definitely not an option anymore - he will always have fitness issues which will only get worse with each passing day. Would love to have him around the time in a mentoring role though. His experience would be valuable to the current lot.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I remember India going into WCs with weak teams, but never remember India going into a WC with an unsettled side

Well said. It really does feel odd not knowing what 90% of the lineup will be for the first game against Pakistan. We have no idea which bowlers are available and fit. Only thing we are certain about is that Kohli, Rahane, Raina and Dhoni will be in the starting XI.

Hopefully the two warmups can clear some doubts.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Lets see how the fitness tests for all the doubtful players go. Hopefully we get a clear picture after the Australia warm up game. If someone is even 1% unfit, replacements need to be brought in immediately.

On another unrelated (off topic) note, Dhoni becomes father just before the WC. Just like Gambhir won IPL-7 post his child's birth, hope a similar luck befriends Dhoni and India. :D Wonder if Dhoni will fly back home for a brief bit to see his daughter. Can't blame him if he wants to do it. Its his first child. We still have 8 days to go for our first game vs Pakistan.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

grkrama

National Board President
For some reason i dont want to see sachin as a commentator/analsyt..i dont want him to become a sunil gavaskar![DOUBLEPOST=1423287743][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway tommorow's warmup match against Aus may give us some idea of line up

mohit_dude10

Club Captain

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Rohit Sharma just tweeted that he is looking forward to the WC prooving himself fit and news is coming that there are very slim chances that Ishant Sharma can play in the WC.

PokerAce

Banned
^ If u read the report it says Ishant, Bhuvi, Rohit and Jadeja all underwent a medical, Ishant was the only one who failed. So I guess that does clear that up, with the first warm up against Aus tomorrow. Lets push on.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I think there is no need to have a fixed XI for warmup so batting order would be;

A Rahane
R Sharma
S Dhawan
V Kohli
A Rayudu/S Raina
A Rayudu/S Raina (based on situation)
M S Dhoni
R Jadeja
S Binny
R Ashwin
A Patel

On bowling I think Bhuvaneshwar would be given some useful overs with new ball to find some touch.Shami and Mohit would be the others in focus.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Good that Bhuvaneshwar is OK. Ishant's injury is not a major blow. Bhuvi's would have been (if it happened). Still hope these other players (Rohit, Jadeja, Bhuvi) show good match fitness in the warm up. All of them must be played. Especially Jadeja needs to be tested for his throws from the deep.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Opening Bowlers ain't giving much confidence to Dhoni. There's not much point in giving the new ball to Binny. His pace is just too harmless.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So our bowlers still seem obsessed with bowling short .. wonder when this will be cured. Even little Binny was trying to bounce them out .. was cute

Users who are viewing this thread