India Team Discussion

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
So our bowlers still seem obsessed with bowling short .. wonder when this will be cured. Even little Binny was trying to bounce them out .. was cute
It might be because when once Bhuvaneshwar dropped it short,Watson almost edged it to Axar.It might have encouraged Binny too.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It looks like our fast bowlers have forgotten how to bowl. Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Shami are looking absolutely horrible. Umesh Yadav is bowling good today which is good because we need him in the final 11. This time our spinners won't be able to save them because they won't get any support from the surface. Our batsmen are out of form and it's all looking very concerning at the moment.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow. Can't imagine going past QF here with this rubbish bowling attack. Can't understand what Jadeja is doing here. Only bowled 2 overs till now. Really should have had Yuvi in his place with Axar in or vice versa. Binny's selection is mind boggling too.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If I were Zimbabwe or Ireland, I would fancy my chances against this Indian side. The batting is`nt flash and the bowling is almost associate like. I predict a first round exit for India. India is the worst of the test playing nations in this WC.

Pakistan will most probably get their first WC win over India. India is a side in shambles at the moment. Binny and an out of form Bhuvi as the new ball pairing won`t scare anyone. Yadav, Mohit and Shami have to be in there to even make it look like a bowling lineup. Only one of Jadeja, Axar or Binny can be in the side. Im gearing up for a first round exit.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mohit Sharma, the wicket taking machine of CSK will certainly not succeed in world cup. Zaheer would have been an even better choice if selectors really had Ishant all for his experience.

PokerAce

Banned
Wow Dhawan off to a start again. I will feel a gazillion times better about our chances if Dhawan can find form soon.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
This Indian team is really bad. There is no one with enough experience in the bowling department. When ever things not go according to plan, they become clueless and bowl some really stupid deliveries. None of them have proper cricket logic which is essential for an international bowler. Dhoni's poor captaincy make this problems twice effective.

In the batting section Rohit's opening, Ambati Rayudu and Dhoni's middle-end overs batting are the major worries. Rohit is no way can be considered as an opener since he waste too many precious deliveries in the starting overs and bring unnecessary pressure on the team from the start itself, especially when he gets out early. In case of Rayudu, he is not really good enough to be on the Indian team. He simply doesn't have the ability to perform at the top level. If I remember correctly, explosive batsman Dhoni started playing defensively when Dravid was out from the ODI team. He tried to compensate for Rahul's absence by playing carefully and defensively. I don't think that kinda approach is needed from Dhoni anymore. He should have got rid of this defensive attitude a long ago. At present he is a liability to Indian team in the end overs with his defensive batting.

bigred

Club Captain
Think India will make quarters, but they are very bad. Another master class from Australia today.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
India is definitely not winning the cup. Suppose we do make it to the QFs, we will most likely meet Australia in a knockout game and lose spectacularly as we have been losing in the past 2-3 months.

S

Satan666

Wow. Can't imagine going past QF here with this rubbish bowling attack. Can't understand what Jadeja is doing here. Only bowled 2 overs till now. Really should have had Yuvi in his place with Axar in or vice versa. Binny's selection is mind boggling too.

Axar has the qualities, probably he should have had more games comin in to the cup.

Been posting on this forum a while now clamouring for Zaheer, Yuvraj, Gautam, Sehwag and even Harbhajan to be part of this squad but the Team India management and most fans alike thought otherwise, and here we are today. The S**** hasnt hit the fan as yet, when theyre out then we will hear the calls that these afroemetioned players should have never been dropped. With every sub standard player joining the team in recent there has been a big ''HUHAH< MINDBLOWING' now the Bhuvys and Sirs are failing miserably.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Surprised that a warm up game has just added further expectations that this team is not going to achieve anything of note in this WC. A game where you play 15 players from your squad, should never be taken seriously. We didn't take even the tri-series very seriously. Why would we do it for this warm up game which is a truly warm up?

Seriously, I just hope that us playing Australia just lulls other teams into a false sense of overconfidence that they can brush this Indian side off pretty easily. Australia are playing at home and at home, they have looked every bit the dominant side that they once used to be. And that seems to make us think that India won't do anything at all this tournament. I am going to stick my neck to the optimistic side and say that India will surprise people this tournament. They might not win the Cup (probably they might encounter Australia in the SF and be knocked out), but I do believe there are good chances we might see India in the SF. But also, after all the beating India has got against Australia on this entire tour, maybe they could just hurt them when it matters the most. Don't rule that out.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lose as much as You want but Dont lose to Pakistan. :p

PokerAce

Banned
I must admit today's defeat has got me to look at the troubles in new light. So far I was firmly of the opinion that Dhawan's poor form has been the key reason for our troubles. However today and against England, Dhawan was not to blame. He stuck it out in the middle for long periods and in both the matches the team was in a good position when Dhawan got out. Okay granted the team was not in a good position to chase down the giant total, but the team was still 170 odd, and thats not a bad haul for an opener, to last till the team total is 172.

The problem lies in the middle order. Once Kohli goes, the team has absolutely no backbone. The end push just hasnt come. Jadeja has failed with the bat, as he has with the ball, and Axar while taking wickets, has been even worse than Jadeja with the ball. To add to all these the only reason why Binny exists in the team, to add strength to the batting, as seamers are equally poor, Binny has failed to perform. So wickets 5-8 tend to go down in the heap. India need to look at their balance and seriously need to look at their balance in these batting positions.

Today's all out in 45.2 overs makes even little sense when you see that we essentially played out top 11 batsmen. None of the bowlers had to bat, and it was out top 11 batters that took the field in the second innings. To even then get bowled out with nearly 5 overs remaining is just mind boggling.

Users who are viewing this thread