India tour of South Africa - 2013/14

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
There is nothing in the pitch, it was just a very good bowler bowling at full intensity and poor shot selection from batsmen. We will struggle on this pitch.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sai, if Jadeja had replaced Rahane, it would have been lower than 300. ;) Rahane is definitely having a good test future. But yeah, not good that we only managed 300+ on the board. Was expecting 400 at the least.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Why can't the land of spinners turn up a genuine traditional leggie? We desperately need a Test-level leg spinner who can take wickets on good wickets overseas. Our bowling lacks the penetration without express pace, but a good leg spinner would be of great help in making up for that.

With so many overseas tours coming up, I hope Shami and Ishant can keep up with the workload. I don't expect Zak to have much impact with his lack of pace these days. I think we would need the services of Umesh Yadav as well. Fitness is such a big concern.

As far as this Test match goes, I'll stick out my neck here - based on what the Indian bowlers have done so far. SA score 500+ and at the rate they're going now, they'll probably be 250+ ahead by the lunch on day 4, India will bat on days 4 and 5 and struggle to save the Test match. I think we will probably lose all our wickets late on day 4 or early day 5 and lose by an innings and a few runs.

Last edited:

scratch978

Club Captain
What I think is that, Zak & Shami will be the key for India as there will be some reverse swing as the ball will get older, but till then the bowlers had to make sure they don't give the hosts easy runs & bowl in the right areas.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
What I think is that, Zak & Shami will be the key for India as there will be some reverse swing as the ball will get older, but till then the bowlers had to make sure they don't give the hosts easy runs & bowl in the right areas.
I would love to be proved wrong. But though reverse swing may fetch a few wickets, I don't see SA folding.

Had the new ball taken 2 or 3 wickets, surely I would be more optimistic. :noway

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Kallis is all set for a grand farewell. I can see him getting a really big one. He looks really comfortable there.

scratch978

Club Captain
I will say that the pre- lunch session was 50-50 for SA and India. Quality cricket from both teams.

Jadeja and Shami bowled a good, tight spell that saw India pick up 3 quick wickets. However, South Africa have fought back splendidly with a good partnership.

The unbroken stand will be a cause of few alarms for India if it continues to grow.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
why bring out duminy? india are only 80 runs in front and must be worried about surrendering a 1st innings lead, why give them the boost of another quick wicket picking their tails up, duminy is rubbish.

----------

unless, is du Plessis known for being really, really bad against the new ball?

aditya123

National Board President
Although SA are clearly on top now, the wicket of de Villiers has put a real break on the scoring. Kallis looks well set for a hundred now. Jadeja has been tight and I can sense a couple more wickets for him in the next hour of play. What is good for India is that SA have lost their quickest scoring batsmen. While they could have possibly been 100 ahead at stumps with Ab in there, the SA batsmen would take a lot more time to overhaul the 334.

IPL 2014

School Cricketer
I wish R. Jadeja was there in the team in the previous match. Then there might be a chance of a favorable result for team India. He has already taken 3 wickets, lets see how many more he can get. By the way, do you think Jadeja has the capability of becoming a regular member of Indian test team?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
How about now Hari?
Well, the reverse swing didn't bring any wickets. It was all down to Jadeja. I think he has proved the worth of a spinner who takes the ball away from the bat from right handers on any kind of wicket.

Still South Africa with 5 wickets in hand and only 30 odd runs behind are in a position of strength considering that South Africa's tail is nowhere near as brittle as India's and that they still have Faf Du Plessis to bat tomorrow.

I hope Dhoni doesn't take the new ball for as long as Kallis is batting. With the spinners on and turning the ball considerably, Kallis is not scoring quickly and there is a chance to get a wicket.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
Well, the reverse swing didn't bring any wickets. It was all down to Jadeja. I think he has proved the worth of a spinner who takes the ball away from the bat from right handers on any kind of wicket.

Still South Africa with 5 wickets in hand and only 30 odd runs behind are in a position of strength considering that South Africa's tail is nowhere near as brittle as India's and that they still have Faf Du Plessis to bat tomorrow.

I hope Dhoni doesn't take the new ball for as long as Kallis is batting. With the spinners on and turning the ball considerably, Kallis is not scoring quickly and there is a chance to get a wicket.

I get a feeling SA will be bowled out around 375 tomorrow. From there on only one team can win the game and that is SA. From the Indian point of view, they have managed to delay the inevitable and are now waiting for the declaration to come.

playkid12

Club Captain
Zaheer Khan's strike rate is still a problem. That (along with fitness) were the main problems that lead him to being dropped. He was still keeping the runs down, but wasn't taking wickets. It seems like not much has changed.

It's a bit early to judge him from the first two matches in his comeback, so I really hope he turns things around.

Users who are viewing this thread