India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I meant there are no good bowlers. There are a couple of them in dhawan, ishwar pandey maybe say kulkarni but we can't afford to change whole of our bowling. If we keep on changing them we will never get a settled set of bowlers which will be worse for the team.
Nothing can be worse than the present.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
It seems like that. Actually we did quite well drawing 2 matches and coming close to winning Adelaide test.
Thanks to our batting and to some extent Ashwin. We failed time and time again to pick their all ten wickets in their 1st innings.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yadav, Bhuvi, Shami and Aaron. These bowlers have to be there. I know they didn't do well in this series but, these are the future of Indian bowling. Yadav, Shami and Aaron need someone to guide them. That's it. We shouldn't and cannot change this attack. I think these are the best at the moment. Ishant can be done away with as he hasn't ever bowled like a spearhead. He has had his opportunities. But, the 3 along with Bhuvi need to be there. As far as spin is concerned we need to really search for a proper spinner to bowl in tandom with Ashwin. He himself hasn't been bowling that well tbh but, he is the best we have got. Kuldeep Yadav could be tried.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
They are talented but cannot be granted the test berths for nothing.
They have to be struggled for it.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The pitches during this series were pretty unAustralian. The problem with our seam attack was not lack of ability. It was more a case of lack of consistency coupled with awful slip catching. The Australian top order has been in trouble more often than ours. Our top order 5 averaged more than theirs in this series. It was our spineless lower order batting coupled with the inability to bowl sides out that has led to the series loss.

PokerAce

Banned
I meant there are no good bowlers. There are a couple of them in dhawan, ishwar pandey maybe say kulkarni but we can't afford to change whole of our bowling. If we keep on changing them we will never get a settled set of bowlers which will be worse for the team.

Well to be honest this unit, barring perhaps Umesh, got a full year run. Ishant has been around for six years, how many matches has he won us - 1. Md. Shami has been a fixture in the side for 2 years now. How many matches has he won us - 0.

We cannot just stick with the same lot, in the name of stability. I think that at least these two have gotten a big enough run, and not delivered. We have to look to change at least these two. As I pointed out, there are some good young prospects in the ranjis, and I would rather that we tried out new bowlers, instead of sticking to the same lot that has had a long run and not delivered.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Well to be honest this unit, barring perhaps Umesh, got a full year run. Ishant has been around for six years, how many matches has he won us - 1. Md. Shami has been a fixture in the side for 2 years now. How many matches has he won us - 0.

We cannot just stick with the same lot, in the name of stability. I think that at least these two have gotten a big enough run, and not delivered. We have to look to change at least these two. As I pointed out, there are some good young prospects in the ranjis, and I would rather that we tried out new bowlers, instead of sticking to the same lot that has had a long run and not delivered.
It would be great if you could list out a seam bowler or two in India who have won games for their local side in the Ranji Trophy.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Jasprit Bumrah | India Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

looks promising i should say....for the heck of it he could be given a go.
He has a freak bowling action.But I don't understand why you are recommending a bowler who has done nothing special when someone like Mohit who has even taken a hatrick (In a Ranji Match) recently and is a similar bowler being neglected.

193721.jpg

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The overreaction to the bowlers failing is amusing. Kohli failed abysmally in England, but no one asked him to be thrown out before the Aus series and I am sure he will be there when India visit England next time :)

This is Aaron, Shami and Bhuvi's first Australian series. They were abysmal esp. Aaron and Shami. But Shami was very good in the SAF and NZ series. Bhuvi was a revelation in England. Aaron provides the luxury of raw pace that we have never been able to afford. Umesh was very good in the last Australian series. IMO it makes no sense to throw them out after one horrible series.

A couple of bowlers being belted for 100+ runs can be a case of lack of talent. But when every bowler in the setup is doing the same, one has to doubt the coach and the support staff.

--

IMO the main problem was, we packed our bowling with too many pacers. Got carried away with the whole "blow their heads off" pace bowling as was visible from Kohli's comments before the first Test. Even members over here were really excited about the raw pace these bowlers were bringing to the setup. When the focus is clearly on bowling fast from the management side, you cannot throw all the blame on the bowlers who were trying to fit that criteria

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread