India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The overreaction to the bowlers failing is amusing. Kohli failed abysmally in England, but no one asked him to be thrown out before the Aus series and I am sure he will be there when India visit England next time :)

This is Aaron, Shami and Bhuvi's first Australian series. They were abysmal esp. Aaron and Shami. But Shami was very good in the SAF and NZ series. Bhuvi was a revelation in England. Aaron provides the luxury of raw pace that we have never been able to afford. Umesh was very good in the last Australian series. IMO it makes no sense to throw them out after one horrible series.

A couple of bowlers being belted for 100+ runs can be a case of lack of talent. But when every bowler in the setup is doing the same, one has to doubt the coach and the support staff.

The Australian bowlers conceded 400+ scores in every match as well. I keep harping on it but our bowlers actually started off better than the Australians in every match but the lower order bowling has let us down. We do not have the temperament to bowl effective third and fourth spells in test cricket. For that, we have to stick to this lot and hope they improve. Lets not jump the gun.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The Australian bowlers conceded 400+ scores in every match as well. I keep harping on it but our bowlers actually started off better than the Australians in every match but the lower order bowling has let us down. We do not have the temperament to bowl effective third and fourth spells in test cricket. For that, we have to stick to this lot and hope they improve. Lets not jump the gun.

Very good point this !!

Ofcourse, when their bowlers conceded 400+ runs the pitch magically turned flat :D

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Very good point this !!

Ofcourse, when their bowlers conceded 400+ runs the pitch magically turned flat :D

Yes, I do agree that the Australian bowlers showed more discipline but they are far more experienced than our crop of bowlers in these conditions as well.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Who would form this new bowling line up ? As mohitdude said - the guys need proper guidance and a good coach, instead of being discarded after one series for a new set of bowlers who will eventually end up like the current crop

Sandeep Sharma, Mohit Sharma, Jasprit Bhumrah-just to name a few. Someone mentioned Nehra,but note that he has retired from Test cricket. Also,no need to only focus on seamers; look at spinners who can be wicket taking options. Why not field 2 spinners should they be capable of taking 20 ?

Guidance- I agree with. BCCI has made a mockery of the bowling coaches. Joe' Who' Dawes for e.g. A board that rich can surely afford the services of Allan Donald, Wasim AKram or even Shane Bond(if he is any good).

The overreaction to the bowlers failing is amusing. Kohli failed abysmally in England, but no one asked him to be thrown out before the Aus series and I am sure he will be there when India visit England next time

Kohli scored during other tours. And he is not a one-series/ one-match wonder unlike many of our one-session wonder bowlers.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Jasprit Bumrah is a good young prospect as his stats stand so far, he has got an unique action as well. But he is not well experienced since he's 21 plus he lack the control; I've seen him bowling from MI. If you keen on finding youth seamer from our country, then Sandeep Sharma is top candidate indeed. He is qualitatively a lot better than other young fast bowlers around the domestic circle.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Another point to consider before we write off our bowlers - our fielders have regularly dropped some fairly easy catches, not just in this seires but in England, NZ as well. And almost always that player(s) went on to cause some serious damage to our chances

David678

School Cricketer
Well,this series was an eye opener I feel.The young Indian squad battled their way after the sudden retirement of M.S Dhoni.Virat Kohli the lone warrior gave the best he could but thing really did not click for the Indian team.On the other hand the Australians played a fine game and yet again proved that what they are capable of.After the sudden death of Phil Hughes the Australians balanced themselves really well but Phil will always be alive in our hearts.Steven Smith the man to be noted was indeed the man of the series a good player and captain.He balanced himself very well and took the team to an amazing win.Nathan Lyon also produced some quality bowling.On the whole the Aussies played a good game which the Indians should take as a learning asset.

PokerAce

Banned
It would be great if you could list out a seam bowler or two in India who have won games for their local side in the Ranji Trophy.

I already mentioned, two promising players from last season's Ranji Trophy, 21 yr old Bumrah and 24 yr old Rishi Dhawan, who picked up 38 and 49 wickets respectively, in last season's ranji trophy, at good averages of early 20s, as good replacements.

Ranji matches are hard to find, but here is one match Group C: Himachal Pradesh v Assam at Dharamsala, Nov 28-30, 2013 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
where Dhawan picket up 10 wickets, 5 in each innings to set up an emphatic innings win for his side.

Here is another with Dhawan picking up 4 wickets in one and 5 wickets in another innings to set up another innings victory for his side. Group C: Himachal Pradesh v Jammu & Kashmir at Dharamsala, Nov 14-16, 2013 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Dhawan also boasts a healthy batting avg of 38.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Dhawan's absence in the setup comes across as very strange to me. Binny getting picked over Dhawan in any format is a cause of bewilderment. Better record, younger, faster, in-form.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhawan's absence in the setup comes across as very strange to me. Binny getting picked over Dhawan in any format is a cause of bewilderment. Better record, younger, faster, in-form.

His dad probably has a lot to do with it. Favoritism/nepotism will never go away from India, be it in any field.

PokerAce

Banned

Oh you were bewildered, now get ready for it to rise further.

First Class Batting
Binny - 63 matches / 3188 Runs / Avg. - 34.65
Dhawan - 38 matches / 1616 Runs / Avg. - 38.47

First Class Bowling
Binny - 63 matches / 97 wkts / Avg - 31.71 / SR - 62.2 / 4WI - 3 / 5WI - 3
Dhawan - 38 matches / 171 wkts / Avg - 23.99 / SR - 50.6 / 4WI - 8 / 5WI - 14

Above all Binny is 30 Dhawan is 24, nearing 25. Easy to see Dhawan is the younger of the two, yet, Binny keeeps getting the push.

Now if you ask anyone to decide who would be rather playing for India based on those numbers it would be an easy decision, and yet ...

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
LOL yep. Its absolutely nuts

The only advantage people cite for Binny is, he performed against the top Ranji teams like Mumbai, Delhi etc. While Dhawan playing for HP got those performances against lower rung Ranji teams. But still, no one in Dhawan's division has figures even close to his. And he is better than Binny by miles

Users who are viewing this thread