India's tour of Australia - December/January 2015

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I loved it. Was a good laugh, especially the 7-eleven joke about Rahane. That was the cherry on the icing.[DOUBLEPOST=1419423405][/DOUBLEPOST]I loved it. Was a good laugh, especially the 7-eleven joke about Rahane. That was the cherry on the icing.

PokerAce

Banned
Okay India need to go for the win, and going for the win means having the bowlers to take 20 wickets. Hearing news of Bhuvi returning. Lets go with this side -

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
MSD
Bhuvi
Ashwin
M Ozil/Aaron
Yadav
Ishant

Too ambitiious I know, but go for it guys.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Here's the thing with 4 men pace attacks and 5 men bowling attacks, it seems logical that the more bowlers in your side would mean the better shot you have at taking 20 wickets, but it's quite the contrary, this makes sense in ODIs or T20Is where there's a limit on how many overs a certain player can bowl, which is not the case in Tests and there's only 2 ends to bowl from at the same time, so what ends up happening is the 4th pace bowler is always useless and you only end up decreasing your chance at scoring more runs.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Okay India need to go for the win, and going for the win means having the bowlers to take 20 wickets. Hearing news of Bhuvi returning. Lets go with this side -

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
MSD
Bhuvi
Ashwin
M Ozil/Aaron
Yadav
Ishant

Absolutely. Or Raina in place of Ash on a bowler friendly pitch.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Vijay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
MSD
Bhuvi
Ashwin
M Ozil/Aaron
Yadav
Ishant

I will have an extra spinner for Melbourne. From history, its not expected to be a pacers paradise like a Brisbane or Perth. Melbourne has the tradition of drop in pitches and you do not know how they react. Its better to have 3 pacers and 2 spinners (if you really want a 5-man attack).

But considering our fragility with the batting, I would go in with 7 batsmen + 4 bowlers.

S

Satan666

Here's the thing with 4 men pace attacks and 5 men bowling attacks, it seems logical that the more bowlers in your side would mean the better shot you have at taking 20 wickets, but it's quite the contrary, this makes sense in ODIs or T20Is where there's a limit on how many overs a certain player can bowl, which is not the case in Tests and there's only 2 ends to bowl from at the same time, so what ends up happening is the 4th pace bowler is always useless and you only end up decreasing your chance at scoring more runs.

The WI bowling of the 80's proved this wrong, all four pace bowlers attacked with full force and reaped great success. In the case of India I understand your point, with their poor stocks of pacemen over the years and now a poor batting lineup to make up for the fifth genuine bowler!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
The WI bowling of the 80's proved this wrong, all four pace bowlers attacked with full force and reaped great success. In the case of India I understand your point, with their poor stocks of pacemen over the years and now a poor batting lineup to make up for the fifth genuine bowler!
The West Indies pace quartet was the exception if you ask me, they had 4 pace bowlers all equally good, that's not what we get when any team of today puts out a 4 man pace attack, there's 2 bowlers easily better (Bhuvi & Yadav), 1 who might compete with the two on his best day (Ishant) and 1 definitely not in the two's league (Aaron), so unless you're worried about injury to your main 3 quicks, you're always better off playing a lone spinner just to have that option of variety.

Last edited:

namin96

Club Captain
I really want to see India win a test match in Australia. I don't care if they lose the series but at least win one test match and it would show how competitive this series was. The series has been pretty competetive thus far but the main issue has been India not crossing that line to finish the opponent. We had our chances in both test matches so far and we could have easily been up 2-0 instead of 0-2 right now but we didn't take the opportunities we had. I think that will come with experience and I do believe this team will be world class in like 2-3 more years. The bowling attack is fantastic with pace but it just needs time to get that consistency thats missing, and the batting has the chance to be the best in the world. I am really hoping we can win at least one match and I think that is something fair to ask for considering the type of team we have. We have played much better than what we played like in 2011 and this team does deserve to win at least one match.

My XI for Melbourne test

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Raina
Dhoni
Bhuvi
Ashwin
Yadav
Ishant

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
INDIA vs Australia ( Home Ground Bullies)

Statistics { 25-dec 2004 to 25-dec-2014}

Home Ground ( :ind: 1-0 :aus: )

:aus: Australia (Home)

Team | Mat. | Won | Lost | Draw | W/L
Australia | 27 |19 | 5 | 3 | 3.800

:ind: INDIA (Home)

India | 22 |15 | 3 | 4 | 5.000

**India is Way better than Australia On their Home Ground.**

Away Series ( :ind: 0-1 :aus: )

:aus: Australia (Away)

Australia | 24 | 8 | 11 | 5 | 0.727

:ind: India (Away)

India | 30 | 6 | 17 | 7 | 0.352

**Australia has Slightly better Win-lose ratio than India in their Away matches.**

Head to Head ( :ind: 1-0 :aus: )

:ind: India in Australia :aus:

India | 1 0 | 1 | 8 | 1 | 0.125

:aus: Australia In India :ind:

Australia | 10 | 0 | 8 | 2 | 0.000

**India Has Managed to win a Game in Australia but On the other Hand Australia Has Nothing to cheer about against india in India.**

Overall ( :ind: 2-1 :aus: )

So, My Point is Both India & Australia's Performance in Away or Overseas is Not good in Past 10 Years. If we Go By Stats we can clearly Say that both nothing more than Home Ground Bullies.

Users who are viewing this thread