It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

sunsamrat1980

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Few suggestions:

1) Can we have the batsman direction arrow visible earlier so that we can adjust the shot direction. This is for those who are playing this game on laptops and do not have a dedicated mouse.

i think we need to figure out a way to design a separate set of controls specially for laptop users!

2) Also, can we have a separate key for toggling the spider instead of 'L' since it coincides with numpad key 3 on most of the laptops and we can't have both active at a time :noway

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
It have happened for couple of times now that a batsman doesn't play shot even when I have stop holding it.

----------

Ball travels a little too far even when it hits a pad.
lol, on one occasion it went to the boundary:P

----------

Can we expect lofted shot in next alpha?:D

----------

From where is the spider considered?
Middle of the pitch or from the point where the bowl leaves from the bat?
I am asking it as I can see some of the shots coming from middle of the pitch and some the other way.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I see that we can hit a shot even when a bowler is going through his action.Is it a bug or is it done deliberately?

----------

Yeah!Even I feel that there should be a change in batting controls.:(
@JK and LM-I will just try to find out the bugs as I agree to all the positive comments so far and thus will more concentrate on negatives.:)

Not a bug, it's an 'oversight' hehe...nah, should be stopped I think otherwise would be silly if you did the shot early and then just standing there lol.

Consider it fixed!

----------

Hi JK and LM,

Others have covered a lot of + and - already, so I'll keep it short.

Plus:
Satisfying moments.
Realistic edges.
Pretty decent animations.
Level of control player has when bowling.

Concerns:
Length to hit stumps needs to be tweaked, me think.
Ball travels a little too far even when it hits a pad.
Batting controls should be activated a wee bit earlier?

Questions:
Any deadline for Alpha 0.2 ? :D (Ok, don't answer this one :p)

----------

And ya, a big THANK YOU to you two. :)

Great feedback. I agree with each of those.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
This game has a solid bowling and batting mechanism. A lot of real life bowling combos and tricks can be replicated in this game. Nothing can be said about batting since it is so limited in this build. Physics of ball of the bat in case of mistimed shot seemed inappropriate for me. I cant find any outside edges even in the case of a mistimed shot to an outswinging ball. According to the controls of this build it is so easy to bowl the ball at the full speed and good control everytime. There is no risk in trying to bowl at a fuller speed. I hope bowling will be a little more difficult in the later builds. This game has waay better and realistic control than any other games out there. Kudos to LM and JK for achieving this.

Is there any way by manipulating the grip we can control the amount of swing rather than just having two buttons for ouswing and inswing?

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sorry, couldn't download yesterday, just started! By looking at the screens posted by several users, it looks like a great game.:thumbs

@JK and/or LM
you both mentioned 'graphics overhaul', does it mean it can be playable on on 128 mb onboard graphics card and a Pentium 4 (my pc's specs)? My Pc can fully support Cricket 07 at 1024x768 with the highest graphic level.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really getting addictive!! Although pretty few things in this alpha but it's damn addictive and interesting!!

Played few great cover drives

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I just loved how the batting is absolutely creative (we can do what ever we like)! I loved it, hats off to you!:thumbs The bowling, which i hated in previous games, is superb! Too addictive and interesting!

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
None of the shots are connecting with a legbreak pitching outside legstump line and hitting the middle or leg stump.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
None of the shots are connecting with a legbreak pitching outside legstump line and hitting the middle or leg stump.

since the player has to do both(batting and bowling); Spinners are difficult to bat on since there is less time to adjust!

for the delivery you mentioned....why not try the Straight drive or the forward defense ?

----------

@rahulkhush and @coolboy - Thanks a lot! :)

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
since the player has to do both(batting and bowling); Spinners are difficult to bat on since there is less time to adjust!

for the delivery you mentioned....why not try the Straight drive or the forward defense ?

Already tried Straight drive and the animation is not even came close to the line of the ball. Ok, I will try forward defense.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great, TAOC is released. Will give it a go and let you guys know my views. :)

deepuparayil

International Cricketer

Forgot to mention the angle. The ball is bowled from around the stump and is same in case of pacer when the ball is bowled in the line of batsman's leg.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Forgot to mention the angle. The ball is bowled from around the stump and is same in case of pacer when the ball is bowled in the line of batsman's leg.

i just tried it and was able to connect it 9/10 times. used the leg glance and on drive....

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I too tried and got that shot right!! Now getting hold of the Alpha well