I've finally got it! BUT... (PC version)

OK.

Codemasters, if you're reading this, it's totally unacceptable. It's not the first time this has happened with your games either - DiRT did the same. Fine on the rally stages, but as soon as more than one car was on the screen, stutter city.

Settings:

Resolution: 1440 x 900
Detail: Low
Shadow: Low
Crowd: Off
Special Effects: Off

Average of 30fps on the ordinary game screen, 20-25fps with outfield viewed!
This is, of course, not acceptable at all.

I'll give defrag a shot. Should I uninstall first, defrag, reinstall, or just defrag now without uninstalling?

30 Fps with 4850 omg:eek:
Btw,
do a thing,max out all the settings,then lower the resolution to(1024X728),then give the results :)

Last edited:
Yes, but 1024 resolution? Ugh! I didn't buy a 4850 for that ffs! I'll try it though.

Yes, but 1024 resolution? Ugh! I didn't buy a 4850 for that ffs! I'll try it though.

good thing i didn't buy 4850/GF250.... as there is no way of telling whether it will work properly or not. It just confirms my belief why i moved away from PC Gaming to Xbox....

If cricket revolution turns out crap, then i will just buy a PS3 slim and get the PS3 version..

i know,but still...:facepalm

Didn't want to go to 1024, the next lowest was 800 x 600!

Settings:

Everything maxed out except resolution.

Average 30fps normal screen, 10-15fps outfield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demo: 60fps. Everywhere!

The only other thing I can think of is drivers. Does anyone know if ATI have released new drivers in the last few months? Maybe the demo runs fine because it likes the old driver, but the game needs a new one?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

good thing i didn't buy 4850/GF250.... as there is no way of telling whether it will work properly or not. It just confirms my belief why i moved away from PC Gaming to Xbox....

If cricket revolution turns out crap, then i will just buy a PS3 slim and get the PS3 version..

It's not my card, it's not even PC gaming. It's the optimisation of the bloody game!

The only other thing I can think of is drivers. Does anyone know if ATI have released new drivers in the last few months? Maybe the demo runs fine because it likes the old driver, but the game needs a new one?
try a new driver then,
but 30 fps in 800*600 with 4850,i cant believe it :facepalm:facepalm
because this game is running at 45 fps (constant) 1024*728 with every thing maxed out with a 9400Gt,in my friend's Pc

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game has had an absolutely awful testing period. It's an embarrassment.

Like you the demo ran beautifully on mine (I've got 2.4Ghz CPU, 2GB DDR2 @ 667mhz & 9600GT). If the game doesn't run on it (it should arrive Monday) smoothly, I will be sending a rant e-mail to codies.

The game is beautifully smooth on the PS3 btw. Loading screens are over in a couple of seconds, same with saving. Just don't mention on-line ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game has had an absolutely awful testing period. It's an embarrassment.

Like you the demo ran beautifully on mine (I've got 2.4Ghz CPU, 2GB DDR2 @ 667mhz & 9600GT). If the game doesn't run on it (it should arrive Monday) smoothly, I will be sending a rant e-mail to codies.

The game is beautifully smooth on the PS3 btw. Loading screens are over in a couple of seconds, same with saving. Just don't mention on-line ;)

Please do! Coming from a P.C. mod, it might carry more weight. Anyway, I'm going to try defragging now. You need at least 40fps, I think, otherwise it's far too easy to bowl no-balls.

On the plus side: AI is 37/0 off 10 overs. :) They have been making mistakes as well: edges, mistimed shots. The game is good! It's the optimisation! Let me know if this is common enough among PC users to put in the patches thread, at number one priority?

Edit: I've just started defragging; it started with Ashes 2009 and I think this might work, because the screen is showing it is horrifically fragmented, almost red everywhere...

Last edited:
It's not my card, it's not even PC gaming. It's the optimisation of the bloody game!

Unfortunately I have heard that explanation many times before....it's always the optimization of games with PC Gaming.... in my experience the consoles can deliver the same level of graphics with much lower horsepower....

anyways, don't really want to start the millionth pc vs consoles war....

i was just stating my priorities... everyone have their own...

ksduded added 2 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Edit: I've just started defragging; it started with Ashes 2009 and I think this might work, because the screen is showing it is horrifically fragmented, almost red everywhere...

oh and btw i did defrag as well.... the w32 file was very fragmented and i was very optimistic... i even installed a few games/software to free up some space...

sadly, it did nothing for me... hopefully you will get a better result...

How come you got it so late? Is it because of the postal strike? Even I who don't live in the U.K got the game 3 days ago.

Last edited:
Update to catalyst 9.8 drivers.

I get stuttering on my pc with this game. It happens randomly as the bowler is running up every now and then. Only happens offline.

Its a bug basically.

Yet to get my DVD....

However, I have noticed the same type of stuttering in the DEMO too... Especially, in the out field

Hope you get your problems sorted MB.

You've had nothing but bad luck with this game so far. :noway

How come you got it so late? Is it because of the postal strike? Even I who don't live in the U.K got the game 3 days ago.

None of the online stores had it in stock at the cheaper price (?17.99 PC Version) until a few days ago. I didn't want to spend ?24.99 on it and I'd be even more angry if I did.

Still, defragged now. Ran defrag again just to see and Ashes 2009 was almost completely blue (defragged), so now is the moment of truth...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Hope you get your problems sorted MB.

You've had nothing but bad luck with this game so far. :noway

Thanks buddy. At least the game looks far better than the demo, as I said AI: 37/0 from 10 overs and they haven't looked entirely comfortable either. Silly numpties should've bowled...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Yet to get my DVD....

However, I have noticed the same type of stuttering in the DEMO too... Especially, in the out field

Hmm...if it's stuttering in the demo, I'd advise you to cancel the order.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Update to catalyst 9.8 drivers.

I get stuttering on my pc with this game. It happens randomly as the bowler is running up every now and then. Only happens offline.

Its a bug basically.

As long as it doesn't happen when you're trying to bowl the ball on the exact yellow zone/time your shot or anywhere else in the game other than the run-up, I could put up with it.

Anyway, let's go test it again after defragging.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. Loading times have been slashed though.

Off to ATI to get some new drivers then...

And if that doesn't work, you are so going to hear me, Codemasters. :mad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread