I've finally got it! BUT... (PC version)

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No I'm not running any virus scans, I'm just running the game. AA is on default on catalyst control panel.Maybe I should try an exception with this game and force it to turn off.:crying

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi, I found a funny fact. If you play a match at Brisbane (night) with everything turned on, the performance is way better. Not silk smooth but very good. I can play at good frame rates on Brisbane everything high.
1440 * 900 , 2gb ram , 4850 ice q, e8400. However its not the best of frame rates. Also I am downloading windows 7 just so I can play this game :crying:crying:crying:help

I just want to say that I never recommended anyone to d/l a new O/S for one game, unless they were planning to anyway. Good luck with it though, hope it works OK. Remember, you're going to need a separate partition for it. If you need help, ask the tech thread.

I had that special effects turned off from the beginning.. never used it as I don't like that blur effect.

So guys I just played right now under floodlights and IT DOESN'T STUTTER at ALL! It runs SO SMOOTH! It only stutters and lags in DAY MATCHES :mad:. WTH so annoying!

Hmm...mine better not do the opposite! I haven't tested it at night yet...

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Got home today, installed, I have Windows 7 x64.

And guess what.

I have this stutter problem.

As with everyone the demo was smooth as you like. However, the full game has a noticeable stutter, mainly in the outfield. I've never encountered this with any game on this laptop before.

9800m GTS, 4GB RAM, C2D 2.53ghz.

Annoyed.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
I turned off AVG and the game is smooth as butter.... though it might be something to do with the day/night match.... before I was playing day matches only...

kenpat

Club Cricketer
You probably don't need to run antivirus software when playing the game just a firewall, but remember to enable it again when you're finished.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well tried everything but couldn't get it to work but at the end installed windows 7 and it works great.

D

Dutch

Well tried everything but couldn't get it to work but at the end installed windows 7 and it works great.

Is Windows 7 better than Vista in terms of eating system resources? Sorry if it is a bit off topic but I would like to know!:)

imhassan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Is Windows 7 better than Vista in terms of eating system resources? Sorry if it is a bit off topic but I would like to know!:)
Yup it's way, way better! :)

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I think you've ruled this out anyway, but on the ATI topic, I've not had any framerate issues at all on my HD4870 (I know it's the step up from the, but I only have the 512Mb version)

Having said that I have had a graphics driver problem with AC2009. Very occasionally my screens would flash to black and then back to the desktop repeatedly (the number of times varied) , leaving Vista to report that the graphics driver had failed and then recovered. That happened about four times over the week I've owned the games until last night when, after doing the flickering a couple of times again, it went to a BSOD for the first time. I was running 9.4 though and have now upgraded to 9.7 last night - touch wood that'll put an end to it.

My key specs are:

Intel Q6600 2.4 Ghz processor
Asus P5Q motherboard
4GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2
PowerColor HD 4870 512MB PCS+
Vista 64 SP2

Personally, I've not had any major issues with Vista 64, but after being convinced by Leo Laporte and Paul Thurott on TWiT's Windows Weekly podcast I pre-ordered my copy of Win7 for a very reasonable ?48.13 (inc. First Class P&P) from Amazon on the first day. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
thanks for the reply Steve. Well I'm in dire straits to play the game so I'm trying windows 7 now :crying:crying

Good luck, let us know if it worked. Win 7 seems to be a great O/S in any case. :)

I think you've ruled this out anyway, but on the ATI topic, I've not had any framerate issues at all on my HD4870 (I know it's the step up from the, but I only have the 512Mb version)

Having said that I have had a graphics driver problem with AC2009. Very occasionally my screens would flash to black and then back to the desktop repeatedly (the number of times varied) , leaving Vista to report that the graphics driver had failed and then recovered. That happened about four times over the week I've owned the games until last night when, after doing the flickering a couple of times again, it went to a BSOD for the first time. I was running 9.4 though and have now upgraded to 9.7 last night - touch wood that'll put an end to it.

My key specs are:

Intel Q6600 2.4 Ghz processor
Asus P5Q motherboard
4GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2
PowerColor HD 4870 512MB PCS+
Vista 64 SP2

Personally, I've not had any major issues with Vista 64, but after being convinced by Leo Laporte and Paul Thurott on TWiT's Windows Weekly podcast I pre-ordered my copy of Win7 for a very reasonable ?48.13 (inc. First Class P&P) from Amazon on the first day. :)

Yes, from what I've seen, Win 7 is the way to go - finally a reason to upgrade from XP. ?48.13 is a great price, well done!

das_vicky

International Cricketer
My Observations
============
1) Stutterring occurs more on Win 7 X64
2) Stutterring occurs more on Day Matches (Test). Hardly in Night matches in Brisbane
3) 100% CPU between transition of screens.
4) Not a graphics card/ rendering issue (can be a driver issue)
5) Enabling V-Sync initally helped, but these days, its always that lag.

Runs smoothly on my Vista X64 on same laptop

ksduded

Club Cricketer
My Observations
============
1) Stutterring occurs more on Win 7 X64
2) Stutterring occurs more on Day Matches (Test). Hardly in Night matches in Brisbane
3) 100% CPU between transition of screens.
4) Not a graphics card/ rendering issue (can be a driver issue)
5) Enabling V-Sync initally helped, but these days, its always that lag.

Runs smoothly on my Vista X64 on same laptop

Yeah the day and night matches work flawlessly... even the scoreboards do not show any hiccups and jams..... This is such a ridiculous bug.

Users who are viewing this thread