Linking Players / Teams

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So does that mean i have to only download your team and link that team with my defualt team to get it working? Or i still have to link players too?

Once someone has completed a team then everyone else just needs to download the team and link it. There is also an update button that will keep teams up to date.

There will also be a "get best" button will get the best rated teams online and link them for you.

NathanScott45

Club Captain
Once someone has completed a team then everyone else just needs to download the team and link it. There is also an update button that will keep teams up to date.

There will also be a "get best" button will get the best rated teams online and link them for you.

Hi Ross,

How do you undo things in the cricket academy, for instance I linked Nezzo's Australia side to my own yet I accidentally replaced the kits. Like, how do you delete a team you've replaced a national team with. I've currentely got 2 copies of the Aus side, and the one I want to delete I don't have the option to. I also can't seem to replace one of the players from the downloaded team with my own creation. Do I need to upload my creation initially or do player link?

Edit: Silly 2nd Q initially

All the best

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I was wondering, say for instance I download international teams, instead of replacing the default ones, could I edit them to become state teams? eg change default India to Mumbai Monsters, and then change their team description from international to state? This would get more domestic teams in the game for certain nations!
Also Ross said you can just hit the "get best" button to download squads, that's a great idea cos it seems a bit complicated and even people familiar with CA are having issues!!!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
There's only a bit of work for those that are creating the teams, it will be easy for everyone else.

wrick3000

Club Captain
ROSS I clearly remember there were batting/bowling stats of the players that is present in the server along with team. Now when I am downloading any team from the server all the stats are blank. Do we have to fill in the stats by our own?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
---------------------------
Player Link Instructions
---------------------------
These instructions are for those that are creating complete teams
and want to link them to the default players that will be shipped
with the game.

(1) Create a team or 'Copy Team Locally' from
[Teams]->[Online Community]->[Most Popular] or [Custom Search]

(2) Go to [Player]->[Player Link].

I don't see any such option?

as I understand it, I need to go into the team where the player I want to link is, find him in the roster and then I should see the Player Link option?

also, some of the teams I have created don't appear in the list when I want to link teams?

haven't had much time to look at it and am utterly bewildered. have made a lot of teams I want to update :(

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
I don't see any such option?

as I understand it, I need to go into the team where the player I want to link is, find him in the roster and then I should see the Player Link option?

also, some of the teams I have created don't appear in the list when I want to link teams?

haven't had much time to look at it and am utterly bewildered. have made a lot of teams I want to update :(

No. You do not go to the team. But you go to player>player link. Player is the first option that show up when you start cricket academy.

Under player link click X , select the team as australia curr gen* under "belongs to team" and search. It will return all the players in the default team. Press enter to the player you want linked...it will give you another player list....now press/select X>australia curr gen> search...and it will list all the created players of australia. Now select the right one you linked and check whatever you want transferred and uncheck the rest. I generally checked identity and visuals only.

Lionden

Club Captain
Will we be able to use these custom teams online when the game releases?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Will we be able to use these custom teams online when the game releases?

Yes, and we have a balancing system in place to make sure teams that are overpowered are not so online.

Si1927

School Cricketer
Some of the teams I've created/downloaded are aren't available when I go to link them, am I doing something wrong?

All looks great btw, unbelievable stuff by Ross and his team. I'm impressed that bit more with every update.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I think we need to make a tutorial video - we will do so asap.

Si1927

School Cricketer
I think we need to make a tutorial video - we will do so asap.

Personally I'd find that very helpful, hopefully I'm not the only one who's finding certain parts a little confusing. As usual Ross not only do you produce the goods you provide the aftercare support and that's just with the beta Cricket Acadamy. I have never seen a games developer, never mind a CEO get so involved with a community. Bravo - again!!! *tips hat*

Users who are viewing this thread