Linking Players / Teams

Have to say that Cricket Academy (with all its great depth) is getting a bit confusing by the sheer amount of options available. I reckon BA needs to come up (probably already done?) with a highly-detailed user manual explaining each and every option in Cricket Academy along with the game release. Wonder how many pages it will run into!

Ross, can you confirm/deny etc. what superfreddie has said - i.e that the default players have the stats of a real world player but the skills/attributes are random? I've looked at a few (not many) and it's relatively inconclusive given a)how subjective it is and b)obviously not knowing how stats "play". But ultimately it'd be good to know because i want my Jimmy Anderson for example to "play real"...

Long way of asking - do i need to just change likenesses of players, or likenesses and skills/attributes?

I am also facing the same issue. same steps

Are these user created teams already complete with stats because if not then you need to link players to the corresponding on disc player for the stats to carry over then the linking teams part is like the final step in the process for uploading to the server for other people to download then link with correct player names and completed stats

Are these user created teams already complete with stats because if not then you need to link players to the corresponding on disc player for the stats to carry over then the linking teams part is like the final step in the process for uploading to the server for other people to download then link with correct player names and completed stats

I don't believe the Pakistan user-created team I used had stats for its players. And I was linking teams with the purpose of downloading, not uploading, if that is what you are asking. Actually, I'm not quite sure what you are asking (or suggesting) - your paragraph doesn't contain a single element of punctuation.

I really do think BigAnt should come out with detailed instructions, if not a manual, in very clear terms and with examples, if (legally) possible. Leaving it the community to figure it all out is a bit dangerous, especially since it might spread misinformation.

I'm on here every day, if I see anything that would cause damage then I would certainly say something.

There is a manual with the game, of course, but the majority of people that are just going to download teams will likely be OK, that part is easy.

Ross, can you confirm/deny etc. what superfreddie has said - i.e that the default players have the stats of a real world player but the skills/attributes are random? I've looked at a few (not many) and it's relatively inconclusive given a)how subjective it is and b)obviously not knowing how stats "play". But ultimately it'd be good to know because i want my Jimmy Anderson for example to "play real"...

Long way of asking - do i need to just change likenesses of players, or likenesses and skills/attributes?

I think...as the company's ceo which already had a little incident with license holders, ross would be very careful about what he might or might not say openly in a public forum like this. I am sure you can read between the lines. :)

And yes, attributes and skills needs to be adjusted.

I am certainly thankful that the other game has a player editor so that the issue became one of pots, kettles and glass houses etc...

In any case if we had a problem with Cricket Australia then those guys would be my first subpoena for the defence as I think the discovery process would not be very kind to them :noway

#DumbestMoveEver

I'm on here every day, if I see anything that would cause damage then I would certainly say something.

There is a manual with the game, of course, but the majority of people that are just going to download teams will likely be OK, that part is easy.

And we all genuinely appreciate every bit of information you provide us with. I honestly think its a privilege that this community gets to interact with the CEO of the developers of a highly anticipated game.

But I don't think the process of downloading a replacement team is absolutely clear. Besides the fact that a possible bug made my disc team disappear when unlinking, I am still not sure how to import an entire team with accurate stats, attributes, and skills. The "link team" section had no option to select or deselect these. It doesn't seem as intuitive as it can be.

Perhaps the final version will make things absolutely straightforward with the automatic option to download the best rated teams, because without that, there are still a few teething issues that exist.

We are trying to replicate the issue of a default team disappearing, once we have done that and fixed it then we will be shipping a patch for V0.99a

And we all genuinely appreciate every bit of information you provide us with. I honestly think its a privilege that this community gets to interact with the CEO of the developers of a highly anticipated game.

But I don't think the process of downloading a replacement team is absolutely clear. Besides the fact that a possible bug made my disc team disappear when unlinking, I am still not sure how to import an entire team with accurate stats, attributes, and skills. The "link team" section had no option to select or deselect these. It doesn't seem as intuitive as it can be.

Perhaps the final version will make things absolutely straightforward with the automatic option to download the best rated teams, because without that, there are still a few teething issues that exist.

They are making a tutorial video. Try not to mess with the editor until then. It will prevent irreversible mistakes. Best idea is upload everything you have on the server before doing/changing anything.

You could also backup your save files too.

In the team section, teams are just appearing under random titles, ie. Australian Domestic Title has Indian domestic, English domestic, international teams.

So essentially the teams are not showing correctly.

The second issue I've had is that I created my local park cricket side and after the update only half of them are there in my created players section. Fortunately I added them to the team, so the players that are missing are present in the team, but have disappeared from my created players section.

I've had every version of cricket Academy for the past 4 months, so I definitely downloaded the correct version.

In the team section, teams are just appearing under random titles, ie. Australian Domestic Title has Indian domestic, English domestic, international teams.

So essentially the teams are not showing correctly.

The second issue I've had is that I created my local park cricket side and after the update only half of them are there in my created players section. Fortunately I added them to the team, so the players that are missing are present in the team, but have disappeared from my created players section.

I've had every version of cricket Academy for the past 4 months, so I definitely downloaded the correct version.

We've identified the issue as happening when a team is "unlinked" - a fix will be available after we rigorously test it.

Users who are viewing this thread