Linking Players / Teams

after the update...
my player section is gone..i have no players there..
all my created players disappeared..
i can only find them on my uploads..but then i cant edit them..

after the update...
my player section is gone..i have no players there..
all my created players disappeared..
i can only find them on my uploads..but then i cant edit them..

they will now be in the "other players" section. if you edit them there, they go back to the my players section.

----------

I don't get it, what is this team link thing supposed to do? ty

all the generic players have the stats/attributes of real players with the same initials, e.g. in Aus M Church is Michael Clarke. If you link M Church with a Michael Clarke lookalike (and uncheck stats/attributes/skills when doing the link) M Church will be replaced in every team by a Michael Clarke lookalike, but now with Clarke's stats etc.

It's great, but then you may as well delete the original Clarke likeness because the stats don't go bothways. anywhere your original Clarke was used will have no stats and you will need to replace him with the linked Clarke.

can you link teams that don't have the same players?

My All time WI team is not the same as yours (though a lot of similarities obviously) and i don't want 2 teams in my list. What's the best option, to do a "replace" on the individuals i want out of the default team with the individuals i want in, or to just do a team link?

they will now be in the "other players" section. if you edit them there, they go back to the my players section.

----------

all the generic players have the stats/attributes of real players with the same initials, e.g. in Aus M Church is Michael Clarke. If you link M Church with a Michael Clarke lookalike (and uncheck stats/attributes/skills when doing the link) M Church will be replaced in every team by a Michael Clarke lookalike, but now with Clarke's stats etc.

It's great, but then you may as well delete the original Clarke likeness because the stats don't go bothways. anywhere your original Clarke was used will have no stats and you will need to replace him with the linked Clarke.

What would be ideal is some one creating a new thread with the generic names against the original players name, that way the lesser known players will be known as well and as a academy user we can link them accordingly. Perhaps tomorrow i will start a thread myself if someone else has not already done so.

If someone was to share a linked team that you were happy with then you would not have to do any work.

What would be ideal is some one creating a new thread with the generic names against the original players name, that way the lesser known players will be known as well and as a academy user we can link them accordingly. Perhaps tomorrow i will start a thread myself if someone else has not already done so.

Good idea...

If someone was to share a linked team that you were happy with then you would not have to do any work.

Exactly, there's a few people already working on this stuff now and will eventually share it. It's a waste of time everyone trying to do it at once. Let the folks best equipped to do this stuff do it... Also, I don't see much point in editing the base-stats yet anyway, since we have no idea how they affect play within the game. All those skills mean diddly squat until we've got the game in hand to see how they affect gameplay (although, some seem reasonably logical off-side/on-side play etc).

would be good to have a thread where people said "i'll do this bit"... so we don't duplicate effort.

for my part i'm just doing teams I know I will play with early doors - eng, aus, some all time teams, my eng worst xi, 1930s eng/aus and the 2005 ashes squads I created

everything else i'll probably link later.

would be good to have a thread where people said "i'll do this bit"... so we don't duplicate effort.

for my part i'm just doing teams I know I will play with early doors - eng, aus, some all time teams, my eng worst xi, 1930s eng/aus and the 2005 ashes squads I created

everything else i'll probably link later.

I'm covering Australian domestic teams (Six state teams and 8 BBL teams)

I tried un-linking a team, and the original 'disc' team is no longer on my team list at all?

We cannot replicate this issue on our end. Are you - and anyone else that is getting this issue - able to provide the steps that you went through to get this so that we can investigate it further?

In the case were I accidentally replace the stats, will I be able to get his default stats back?

You can restore the stats by un-linking the player and then re-linking the player.

I had created a few players earlier and today I tried to add them to any particular team. The list of teams is populated, but one has to scroll through the list, either alphabetically or in reverse order, till you reach the team you are looking for.

Can you please provide functionality just as any normal drop-down cell works i.e. once the list comes up, you hit "I", it takes you straight to entries which begin with letter "I". That would be real time saver.

This is in the final version of the game and will be in a Version 0.99a hotfix to be released shortly (likely 24 hours).

^^Put strike through them.

@ross...finally found a bug that might not be related to my incompetence of using the editor.

After linking a player with attributes/skills/stats checked off, height and body shape does not seem to be getting replaced. Thought that would be part of visual (option was checked) right? Created players would change to the body shape/height of the default players after linking
As mentioned earlier, we had to find out whether this was an issue in the dictionary on the server or whether it would need to be patched. Thankfully it was the former.
Some of the teams I've created/downloaded are aren't available when I go to link them, am I doing something wrong?

All looks great btw, unbelievable stuff by Ross and his team. I'm impressed that bit more with every update.

For a team to show up in the list of teams that can be linked it must have at least one lineup, otherwise you should be able to see them.

can you link teams that don't have the same players?

My All time WI team is not the same as yours (though a lot of similarities obviously) and i don't want 2 teams in my list. What's the best option, to do a "replace" on the individuals i want out of the default team with the individuals i want in, or to just do a team link?

In that situation you are best to link the players individually.

We cannot replicate this issue on our end. Are you - and anyone else that is getting this issue - able to provide the steps that you went through to get this so that we can investigate it further?

Link Team
Selected Brisbane (disc team)
Selected Brisbane Heat (created team)
Kept ALL boxes ticked
Hover over Brisbane Heat --> Unlink team
Original Brisbane team no longer available

I might try it again on a fresh install to see if I'm missing anything. Perhaps Israr can also shed some light.

Like snowycasanova mentioned. Same is happening to me. Only happens when all the options are checked.

Another small annoyance....even my own teams that i downloaded from the server (deleted my original team for some testing purposes) seems to have a "download update" option, which is pretty useless i believe.

Also Ross , my created india team was not showing up for linking purpose, but as soon as i downloaded the indian team from the server, it showed up. Are you sure about the lineup thingy?

I seem to be suffering from the same issue as snowycasanova and israr, ie, disc team being unavailable after unlinking.

I'm using Win 7, if that matters.

Process:
1. Teams > Team Link
2. Selected Pakistan Current Generation
3. Selected the highest rated user-created Pakistan team
4. Kept all 3 boxes ticked and linked the team
Everything seemed fine but I noticed that the stats,attributes etc from the default disc team seemed to be missing, which itself is surprising since I didn't select the option (not that there was any) to link stats & attributes.
5. So I unlinked the Pakistan Current Generation team
6. The original Pakistan Current Generation team is unavailable (neither in linkable teams, nor in team manager).

I seem to be suffering from the same issue as snowycasanova and israr, ie, disc team being unavailable after unlinking.

I'm using Win 7, if that matters.

Process:
1. Teams > Team Link
2. Selected Pakistan Current Generation
3. Selected the highest rated user-created Pakistan team
4. Kept all 3 boxes ticked and linked the team
Everything seemed fine but I noticed that the stats,attributes etc from the default disc team seemed to be missing, which itself is surprising since I didn't select the option (not that there was any) to link stats & attributes.
5. So I unlinked the Pakistan Current Generation team
6. The original Pakistan Current Generation team is unavailable (neither in linkable teams, nor in team manager).
I am also facing the same issue. same steps

Users who are viewing this thread