Mar 1 - Sri Lanka v Kenya

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Can't say I'm surprised. The minnows have struggled against any bowler that shows pace, even Bennett who isn't express atm gave them huge grief.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a joke Kenya are these days. The minnows again disappointing, so far I'm really struggling to see any of them produce an upset.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
watching malinga bowl like that is pretty frustrating in the grand scheme. he crushed india when he was actually fit enough to play last year, skill wise, it's clear he's entering his peak and we're limited to watching him play the odd ODI.

Steyn is great but his repuatation has been hugely helped by the fact none of his rivals can either stay injury free or turn down cash for match-fixing.

just imagine how good tendulkar would look if ponting, lara, kallis and dravid had all spent most of their career injured or banned. (obvs the bans are the respective players fault, as a spectator that doesn't make it easier to swallow.)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

In limited overs perhaps but Steyn is far from being overrated in Tests. He fully deserves his props in Test cricket and is the best fast bowler by a country mile in that format, regardless of who is injured or not.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm not saying he's over-rated but I don't think he would be the best by a mile.

Asif and Amir were bloody good, malinga has barely had a chance, and he should be emerging from the shadow of Bond, Jones and Akhtar. As it is he's the first consistently good, really fast bowler since donald, and even he broke down early.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
What a joke Kenya have been, 69, 112, and now 142.

The Canada v Kenya should be rather entertaining, considering they both seem to be a country mile behind the other five teams in group A.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Make Kenya play versus India, dead sure you will have a high scoring encounter.

As for the Malinga debate- I feel he is over-rated. The feat was obviously wasted on Kenya and he should have played in all of Sri Lanka's matches till date. Or is it a ploy by Sangakarra to keep Malinga fit for the match v Australia ? If it is, he must know that the same back-fired in 2007.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Watching Malinga bowl was really great, loved those yorkers.
Eager to see him bowl to Australia and India(if they meet)

Users who are viewing this thread