Mar 18 : New Zealand vs Sri Lanka

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Sri Lanka has got a test of Wankhede pitch now, if they get it to final, it would be good for them. Spinners have the upper hand here. :cheers

Murali back into form. :thumbs

----------

it's arguable whether sri lanka have the best spin attack in the tournament, what I think does seem apparent though is, as a unit it's the most likely to take wickets.

it's not just the spinner himself. it's the wicket-keeper to spin, the slip fielder to spin, the part-timers, the know-how and influence of the guy leading them, the guys in close. bangladesh, south africa and pakistan all came with strong spin attacks too, but they can't rival that collection of guys working with them.

A very good point dude, strongly agree. :thumbs

Indians also have Harbhajan in their ranks but don't have good fielders to support him.
Pakistan also have Afridi but poor fielding gives only disappointment to quality spinner.
Swann is also excellent off spin bowler but English fielders sometimes worst in fielding which doesn't help Swann.

Last edited:

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka has got a test of Wankhede pitch now, if they get it to final, it would be good for them. Spinners have the upper hand here. :cheers

Murali back into form. :thumbs

----------

A very good point dude, strongly agree. :thumbs

Indians also have Harbhajan in their ranks but don't have good fielders to support him.
Pakistan also have Afridi but poor fielding gives only disappointment to quality spinner.
Swann is also excellent off spin bowler but English fielders sometimes worst in fielding which doesn't help Swann.

I don?t think you have an argument there really!! Clearly Sri lankna spin attack is way ahead of the rest. I mean come on they destroyed Kiwi batting with a very damp ball !!! it was a bit of a cake walk at the end

fifo

School Cricketer
I think it was more about kiwi players' questionable ability to play the spin, rather than the quality of lankan spinners.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
I think it was more about kiwi players' questionable ability to play the spin, rather than the quality of lankan spinners.

dude if you dont know already kiwis are a test playing nation. and if you dont know you cricket let me tell you, if the ball is damp you cant spin the ball and any one will tell you if you cant spin the ball even NO 10 batsman will have a better chance of in any team. i get it, you dont like sri lankans but you cant change the facts so face it :facepalm

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don?t think you have an argument there really!! Clearly Sri lankna spin attack is way ahead of the rest. I mean come on they destroyed Kiwi batting with a very damp ball !!! it was a bit of a cake walk at the end

yes, look at the guys involved in the dismissals. sanga is way better at keeping to spin than anyone else in the tournament (his only rival world wide is sri lanka's test keeper), jayawardena is probably the best slip fielder to spin and dilshan and mathews are excellent fielders.

had murali, dilshan and mendis been bowling to kamran akmal or van wyk or prior I don't think they would have picked up those wickets as easily.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some great points were discussed in this thread lately. Yes Srilanka has a proper unit to back their good spin bowling, they know how to grab their chances.
Obviously Kamran Akmal is worst but even England, India and South Africa(due to less expression to field for proper spin bowlers) also drop atleast 20% of their wicket taking chances

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As I had predicted, Kiwis proved to be no opposition to Lankans. I think Pakistan win gave Kiwis a bit too much confidence for their own good. Pakistan are going to gift a game to opposition every now and then. Sri Lanka do not let even half chances go waste. That is the difference between the top teams and Pakistan. Anyone who plays Kiwis in QF will have huge chance of qualifying to the semis.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Very surprised at how average NZ batting has been in this tournament. They are better than that.

I simply expected their bowling to struggle though without Bond.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Very surprised at how average NZ batting has been in this tournament. They are better than that.

Have you been living under a rock for the past 18 months? New Zealand's one day batting has been bad for close to three years now but the last year or so it has been atrocious. The only batsmen in this current line up that has a good record in the SC is Ross Taylor, everyone else averages in the low to mid 20's - everyone. The New Zealand batsmen were always going to struggle in this tournament.

Are they better then that? Perhaps. Only Guptill and Taylor would be clarified as good one day batsmen. Styris too but he hasn't played a knock of substance for quite sometime now. McCullum's probably the most overrated one day batsmen going around, Ryder's record flatters him at this stage, he's never been a good one day player and James Franklin just flat out should not be playing international cricket. It's a pretty weak looking batting line up when you break it down imo.

----------

I simply expected their bowling to struggle though without Bond.

The bowling's been a pleasant surprise imo, especially considering the injuries both Daniel Vettori and Kyle Mills have suffered. Although tbf that's mainly to do with Tim Southee's performances during this world cup. He's been outstanding afaic.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
pretty much agree with howsie on everything. It's disappointing because NZ looked to be emerging with a new crop of talented players but they're not delivering as much as was hoped.

they seem to be playing pass the parcel with the windies in this respect.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
OK First of all I went for this match. Was next to Newzealand Dressing room.

My first reaction after seeing the Wankhade Newly renovated stadium was Awesome!!

Great work and great Security

Few photographs!!

18848814717718136541814.jpg

18990114705785038221814.jpg

19022814705796638511814.jpg

19583014705795038471814.jpg

19607314705793838441814.jpg

19639314705813038921814.jpg

19831314706432654411814.jpg

19918514705782638161814.jpg

19943014705772637911814.jpg

19943014705772637911814.jpg

19981714708450304851814.jpg

Also, first of All, Jayawardhane was out and he has not shame or respect for cricket. Second, that tweaking third umpire is blind!! How can he not give that out?

Also, after Rossies wicket and his review he said that it did touch his bat but review suggested other way round and he threw 4 seats in the Dressing room!!

Also sad to see Wankhade lights getting switched off during the match and Billy Bowden was really upset about that and he said the Wankhade organizers that he will report this to ICC

And last but not least Newzealand played ████ cricket with Bat but bowling and fielding was pretty decent!!

Enjoyed quite a lot now will be watching Finals too!! :D

War

Chairman of Selectors
Have you been living under a rock for the past 18 months? New Zealand's one day batting has been bad for close to three years now but the last year or so it has been atrocious. The only batsmen in this current line up that has a good record in the SC is Ross Taylor, everyone else averages in the low to mid 20's - everyone. The New Zealand batsmen were always going to struggle in this tournament.

Are they better then that? Perhaps. Only Guptill and Taylor would be clarified as good one day batsmen. Styris too but he hasn't played a knock of substance for quite sometime now. McCullum's probably the most overrated one day batsmen going around, Ryder's record flatters him at this stage, he's never been a good one day player and James Franklin just flat out should not be playing international cricket. It's a pretty weak looking batting line up when you break it down imo.

----------

The bowling's been a pleasant surprise imo, especially considering the injuries both Daniel Vettori and Kyle Mills have suffered. Although tbf that's mainly to do with Tim Southee's performances during this world cup. He's been outstanding afaic.

Ha ok boss, its your team..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
But what Howsie said was actually correct. Hope they play well against the Proteans and make them choke

Users who are viewing this thread