Mar 5 - Sri Lanka vs Australia

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bloody rain! :mad

This group is a total dull now. The Pak-Aus game will be interesting. Since who ever wins that will top the group and get the easiest opponent from Group B for the quarters.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hope we (India) dont face Sri Lanka in the quarters. In the semis, we can pick our home ground and so Sri Lanka have to play in Mohali. With Malinga in top form and their battery of spinners, they are a team that can go a good distance.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Hope we (India) dont face Sri Lanka in the quarters. In the semis, we can pick our home ground and so Sri Lanka have to play in Mohali. With Malinga in top form and their battery of spinners, they are a team that can go a good distance.

You sure? Im pretty sure we have to play in Ahmedabad.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bad for sri lanka, I think they were looking good for that, two in batsmen, scoring well, with a 3 man spin on attack on a pitch that was turning like a corksrew for even aussie spinners.

the defeat to pakistan means they will probably finish 3rd and consequently get one of india or south africa in the quarters rather than WI/ENG/BNG/IRE all patchy teams that are infinitely more beatable than the big two.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
With the huge gaps between matches I don't get why they wouldn't just play again tomorrow.

Sureshot

Executive member
Also, how you can make any judgement when only one side has batted 2/3 of their innings as to who would have won (it's not as though Sri Lanka were 250-0), seems a little far fetched.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

We play the rest of our matches at home irrespective of our standing in the groups. The QFs will be held in Ahmedabad and should we progress to the semis-Mohali.

ferg512

International Coach
Just what this WC didn't need. If only the minnow games were rained out instead. This must be driving the aussies insane, still another week until their next game. ICC :facepalm

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yep that is that just adds insult to injury and the next 2 matches are against Kenya and Canada, so really our only real test against spin before the quarters will come against Pakistan.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Ugh, thanks for ruining my entire sleep schedule for nothing! It's tweaking annoying staying up from 1 to 5:30 only to find out that the match will be abandoned.

I wish Cricinfo would give back 2 or at least 1 change in Fantasy as that was just a waste.

Owzat

International Coach
Bloody rain! :mad

This group is a total dull now. The Pak-Aus game will be interesting. Since who ever wins that will top the group and get the easiest opponent from Group B for the quarters.

Do they not even check whether forecasts!?!?!?!? I mean they made it 3/4 of the way to 40 overs in ONE innings, had an extra 7-8 overs been possible then Sri Lanka would have made it to 40 overs but the point is had they attempted 20 overs each with advice from forecasters then they might just have got 20 each.

Had that in a one dayer I think it was against Scotland, batted one whole 50 over innings and no result was possible due to rain. With all the gadgets, laws and gimmicks around you'd think they'd invest some time in proper preparation for all eventualities.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
With the huge gaps between matches I don't get why they wouldn't just play again tomorrow.

I was thinking that too. I mean such an important match can't go waste like this. And It was going a very tough competition between thet two.

Users who are viewing this thread